Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

There must be a couple of gallons of Waxoyl underneath that Starlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I remember going in to a Toyota garage in Ennis with my parents in about 1980, after the rear suspension of our Renault 16 collapsed on holidays. The salesman kept referring to the car as the 'Starlight'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Daimler 104 spotted in Rush (Co Dublin).

Daimler104ZV3270.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Anan1 wrote: »
    I remember going in to a Toyota garage in Ennis with my parents in about 1980, after the rear suspension of our Renault 16 collapsed on holidays. The salesman kept referring to the car as the 'Starlight'.

ah well that hasnt died out yet....loadsa people refer to a Cortina "Crawford":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Was down there today on a run,some nice motors there,heres some pics,apologies for the quality(camera phone:o)
    Image757.jpg
    Image758.jpg
    Image759.jpg
    Image760.jpg
    Image762.jpg
    Image763.jpg
    Image764.jpg
    Image765.jpg
    Image766.jpg
    Image767.jpg
    Image768.jpg

• Advertisement

My neighbor let me take a few close up pictures of that Elan:

f_S2300166m_1863491.jpg

f_S2300164m_39c8955.jpg

Develops around 155bhp in current form.

yum...lotus twin cam.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Daimler 104 spotted in Rush (Co Dublin).

Daimler104ZV3270.jpg

heres another in Galway, from ad on carzone, and is that an old Bedford beside it?
    1191089_20080901110903_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I passed that Starlet in Lusk a couple of years ago, hadn't seen it lately and thought it had moved on. Looks a minter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭mountain

seen parked on the straight road, cork,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

mountain wrote: »
    seen parked on the straight road, cork,

...............somebody please shoot the person that put those wheels on ! :rolleyes:

MercMad wrote: »
    ...............somebody please shoot the person that put those wheels on ! :rolleyes:
    agreed,they do nothing for the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Original Irish MGB in Ballsbridge this Afternoon. Couldnt stop for investigate further but looks like it been parked up for a while.

Image076.jpg

Its one of the very last going by the westmeath reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

Did you get any history on that Rolls Royce 999 KZE.
    The reason i ask as i recently met a man who has and original Irish Lotus Esprit and the reg was 900 KZE and it is 1978. (Check it on cartell)
    He told me the car was originally bought new by an Arab Stud Farm owner but he didn't know who or what stud farm.
    Any investigators out there?

Well,by my records 999KZE is a january 1979 number.
    The lotus may be a 78 car alrigh,but may have been imported here and given a 79 number.Import cars then were given the next number in whatever allocation was being used at the time.

The Lotus may be 1979. I might be wrong. The car was deffinatly sold new in Ireland. It was on display at the 1978 Dublin Motor show and was then sold to the arab who only owned it for a short time. I just thought when i saw the rolls with a similar reg that the same fellow might have owned them as they were both very rare cars in 1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pagoda113

The Lotus 900 KZE was in use upo to a couple of years ago in the Tipperary area. Photo's from a car wun in 2002..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭macautos

Pagoda113 wrote: »
    The Lotus 900 KZE was in use upo to a couple of years ago in the Tipperary area. Photo's from a car wun in 2002..

Ya this was around the Tipperary area for a long while . Very rough looking and also if i remember rightly it had a diesel engine fitted . It belched out black smoke around the town :D

Good one lads. The owner lives on the Tipperary Limerick Border. When I spoke to him in June he was about to fit a new engine to it. He had an engine from a Renault 25 to go in. He has got the chassis galvanised so if it could be got it would not be a bad classic by a long shot. He wasn't interested in selling it at the time when i spoke to him.
    The question still remains. Did the same fellow own 900 KZE and 999 KZE when they were new?

• Advertisement

I remember seeing 900 KZE In Donegal in about 1981. I recall it vividly parked outside the church in Carrigart. It was the first time I had ever seen an Esprit.

There was a sticker on the dah which said "Please close windows at speeds in excess of 120 MPH". It seemed exotic at the time, that a car could actually go FASTER than 120MPH.

I assume the current owner is fitting a Renault engine because it currently has a Renault gearbox fitted ? I recall a lot of Lotus' used Renault gearboxes, but who in their right mind would fit a diesel engine to one ??

Pagoda113 wrote: »

A towbar on a Esprit! Now that's some I never seen before!

MercMad wrote: »
    I remember seeing 900 KZE In Donegal in about 1981. I recall it vividly parked outside the church in Carrigart. It was the first time I had ever seen an Esprit.

There was a sticker on the dah which said "Please close windows at speeds in excess of 120 MPH". It seemed exotic at the time, that a car could actually go FASTER than 120MPH.

I assume the current owner is fitting a Renault engine because it currently has a Renault gearbox fitted ? I recall a lot of Lotus' used Renault gearboxes, but who in their right mind would fit a diesel engine to one ??

The car was owned by Vincent Bonner a Donegal rally man for a while. He told me that also, so there is no doubt it is the same car you saw back in 81.
    The current owner is the third owner of the car.

Saw this Dublin-reg. Toyota Hiace today on the South Circular Road. I've seen it a few times before, but this is the first time getting a picture of it:

f_Image003m_7e341ac.jpg

What year is it just out of curiosity?

GZS***,Mid july 1984.

Last time i say one of those windows must be closed at speeds in excess of 120 MPH was in a 1979 Fiat 127:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Absolute beut of a 2002tii spotted this morning in Parnell Car Park

Image073.jpg

Image074.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Today i saw this.and wept.......the Consul is mine.......the Omega isnt...:(

Sids Not wrote: »
    Oh no!What happened?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

ah F**K what happened, is ther much damage?

• Advertisement

........jeeeeez what's goin' on there ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement