Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

Do-more wrote: »
    Does anyone else remember the thread on here a few years back when a guy was asking some basic questions about importing a car from the states and he posted some pics from ebay of a lovely lead sled?

Everybody at the time thought it was a wind up but it turned out he had really bought the car. I've tried searching for the thread without success, anyone got a link or know about the car?

From my vague memory the car was green, but I'm probably mistaken, but I don't think it's the one above.

Certainly not the man that owns the one above, don't think he'd be posting on here, as he is the mystery buyer of this:https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/311194/260898.jpg

Did anyone else see it yesterday at the IFS, it was driven in by it's new owner, a Limerick man, at around 2pm and added to the rest of his impressive collection, sorry no photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

This car is UK based I think, the last time I saw it was in Goodwood a few years ago.
    http://www.boldride.com/ride/1938/lincoln-zephyr-custom-coupe#gallery/3

The other one is a green Pontiac in Cork.
    index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=916&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=94

BTW, if your interested in leadsleds, there was a very nice metallic grey 40's Oldsmobile custom at the bikefest in Waterford a couple of weeks ago owned by a local lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Silvera wrote: »
    That MX-5 appears to be U.S or Japanese spec.

It appears to be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

hi5 wrote: »
    The other one is a green Pontiac in Cork.
    index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=916&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=94
    Cheers, I'm pretty sure that the green Pontiac is to one from the thread I remember. The pic of the Zephyr just jogged my memory.

I much prefer the Pontiac, that Zephyr doesn't float my boat at all, way too tacky for my taste.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Diabhalta wrote: »
    I doesn't really matter, because that car is everything but not vintage or classic.

It's 12-years old, maybe the owner uses it as his/her weekend/'classic' car?!
    (Some cars over 8 years old can be insured as 'classics').

• Advertisement

out?f=514&url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmltZy5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20lMkZhbGJ1bXMlMkZ2NDcyJTJGQmx1ZTg1MCUyRkluaXN0aW9nZSUyNTIwMjAxMyUyRkRTQzAzMzk5LmpwZw==&h=66d1b
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2MkLKCoGATmf6pKUnhr_kEChlW-QCflyAMQ7flY2rofTo2Ulyfw

DSC03368.jpg
    1957-Ford-Thunderbird-red-ggr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

DeCourcy 007.JPG

DeCourcy 009.JPG

DeCourcy 008.JPGDeCourcy put on an excellent show.
    A few pics, and a big thank you to the couple in the white transit pickup who came to my rescue when I ran out of fuel on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Silvera wrote: »
    It's 12-years old, maybe the owner uses it as his/her weekend/'classic' car?!
    (Some cars over 8 years old can be insured as 'classics').

Cars & Coffee is an event for this kind of car, not a classic car show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Hi5 , see the similarities alright, better than the Sham-rock Irish copy of :eek:

T-Bird '55 - '58 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Thunderbird_(first_generation)

AutoUnion Roadster '58 -'65 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Au1000sp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Justjens wrote: »
    Certainly not the man that owns the one above, don't think he'd be posting on here, as he is the mystery buyer of this:https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/311194/260898.jpg

Did anyone else see it yesterday at the IFS, it was driven in by it's new owner, a Limerick man, at around 2pm and added to the rest of his impressive collection, sorry no photo.

If I was this mystery Limerick man, I'd be keeping as mysterious as possible - the monetary value in his garage is pretty massive at this stage. The leadsled seems like a bit of an aberration to a roster of real beauties, mind.

• Advertisement

Its great to know a quality collection exists, better still if it was open to the public:)
    The right hotrods make big money at the likes of Barret Jackson, especially if they're built by the right people.
    Its a bit like art, you need to know what others like even before they do;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Anyone have any photos of the van (Bedford CF?) in the background or know who owns it?

DSC03428.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

DSC03377.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

Owned by Mike Bermingham from Galway, recently fitted with Granada V6 running gear

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Blue850 wrote: »
    Owned by Mike Bermingham from Galway, recently fitted with Granada V6 running gear

Weren't most Bedfords V6 anyhow ? Must have stuck a beefier engine and maybe different transmission in.

Love'm none the less. That's a real nice example.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Weren't most Bedfords V6 anyhow ? Must have stuck a beefier engine and maybe different transmission in.

Love'm none the less. That's a real nice example.

/M

:o:o Uh uh, most CF's here were 4 cyl petrol /diesel . CF's for South Africa / Australia had I-6's , 3.3 most of them. Could have bought new one years ago for humble money off an Opel dealer as they were offering a cancelled order consignment. :rolleyes:

Capri wrote: »
    :o:o Uh uh, most CF's here were 4 cyl petrol /diesel . CF's for South Africa / Australia had I-6's , 3.3 most of them.

Thanks for clarifying that. Back home in Denmark most of'em were 6-pots, as far as I remember. If you wanted a 4-pot, you'd go for a Ford Transit.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

If anyone has contact details for Mike Bermingham could you PM me. Nice lookin van. There's a good few of them rockin Rover V8s these days.

Marlow wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying that. Back home in Denmark most of'em were 6-pots, as far as I remember. If you wanted a 4-pot, you'd go for a Ford Transit.

/M

Easy on the eye styling, you can see the Chevrolet influence.
    In some parts of Europe they were badged 'Opel Bedford Blitz CF'

http://www.google.co.nz/search?rlz=1T4ADRA_enIE451IE451&q=opel%20bedford%20blitz%20CF&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=PCIEUvbqIfLb7AbMkIDIDg&biw=1142&bih=624&sei=PyIEUqfGK6WN7Qb3uYHwDA

Capri wrote: »

In that search is a russian registered Beford bagded as Vauxhall. Even LHD.

653098f6.jpg

Now, that's where it gets real messy.

And the badging as Opel was probably, so that they didn't get mistaken for Ford.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

a few recent spots from Turkey.
    a lot of R12s still doing the rounds over there, and what i think is a Fiat Regata based model, called the Tofas (iirc)

• Advertisement

more...

and there's more

cont'd...

final batch from the holliers -

and these have been on my phone for a while,

the AC was spotted in bray last summer, the Aston recently in the Foxrock area (apologies for the less than perfect pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

thank you TC20 I know where I want to go on my holidays when this recession is over , I love them old Renaults

kasper wrote: »
    thank you TC20 I know where I want to go on my holidays when this recession is over , I love them old Renaults

my Dad used to have a red R12 (807 CIK, 1975 i think) in the mid 80s, the first car i drove, so they hold a special memories for me too. I love seeing one on the road, but they're rare here now. I was surprised that most of them were wagons too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

tc20 wrote: »
    my Dad used to have a red R12 (807 CIK, 1975 i think) in the mid 80s, the first car i drove, so they hold a special memories for me too. I love seeing one on the road, but they're rare here now. I was surprised that most of them were wagons too

I had a Renault 12 estate many years ago POI 29** was the reg the bottom half was rotten and the engine was used in an original Dacia Duster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement