Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

G Luxel wrote: »

thats a 75/76 eldorado which looks like its been given some extra fittings from an aftermarket company, the grille isnt the standard fitting. Its also got an 8.2 litre engine........

Cheers for clearing that up! Itt's been sitting there untouched for years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

VolvoMan wrote: »
    That mightn't be a classic, but it's some prime AutoSh1te!:D
    How dare you! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Dades wrote: »
    How dare you! :eek:

AutoSh1te is not always a derogatory term by the way. There's a UK motoring forum, that I'm sure a few people on here are familiar with, called auto****e.com. It appreciates older cars that are sort of in a no-man's land regarding classic status (Audi 80, Ford Sierra), or ones that are just pure sh1te altogether (FIAT Strada/Ritmo etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

hey hey ! thats touched a nerve , i had two fiat strada abarth 130tc's and by **** could they shift , galway to sligo in 55 mins on the old road ! no bypassess or anything , class motor .:mad::mad:

hey hey ! thats touched a nerve , i had two fiat strada abarth 130tc's and by **** could they shift , galway to sligo in 55 mins on the old road ! no bypassess or anything , class motor .:mad::mad:

Fine, sorry. FIAT Stradas are great cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Fine, sorry. FIAT Stradas are great cars.

Don't lie, they're buckets of shíte. My parent's had one years ago. EVERYTHING went wrong in it, and it fell apart with rust too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Don't lie, they're buckets of shíte. My parent's had one years ago. EVERYTHING went wrong in it, and it fell apart with rust too.
    Is there an original Ritmo left in this country? Pics?

Is there an original Ritmo left in this country? Pics?

I saw a red Mk2 Ritmo about 2 years ago in the city centre, original plates and all, looked to be in good condition too. Haven't seen it since though.

Haven't seen a Mk1 Ritmo since the late 90's.

As for it's saloon variant, the Regatta, last time I saw one was in Mullingar around 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

last night I saw a Renault 4 in Charelville . No pphoto Im afraid.

my old strada is supposed to be in roscommon now , still in perfect condition too , 87 LH 191 . if if win the lotto i might buy her back !!:):D

• Advertisement

this is the only photo i have of her , sorry for the poor quality , its a photo of a photo as my scanner is on its time of the month again !!!!:pac::cool::)

DSC01877.jpg

my old strada is supposed to be in roscommon now , still in perfect condition too , 87 LH 191 . if if win the lotto i might buy her back !!:):D

Given it has the name 'Strada', I assume it's an import?

Max_Damage wrote: »

[sarcasm/]

I'm surprised to see how my mere mentioning of the FIAT Ritmo/Strada has sparked off a debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

G Luxel wrote: »
    127765.jpg

thats a 75/76 eldorado which looks like its been given some extra fittings from an aftermarket company, the grille isnt the standard fitting. Its also got an 8.2 litre engine........

The man that owned this car died 2 years ago but was an American car enthusiast for over 50 years and a personal friend of mine for many, he owned dozens upon dozens of American cars over the years from Auburn to Stutz and Packard to Marmon and all in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

The man that owned this car died 2 years ago but was an American car enthusiast for over 50 years and a personal friend of mine for many, he owned dozens upon dozens of American cars over the years from Auburn to Stutz and Packard to Marmon and all in Cork!

It's just sitting out up in the rain behind my girlfriends house in douglas now :( shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

No you didn't that'd be hard if they closed the roads Yer talking 90+ mph average just not possaible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yeah , makes me feel even older , as I remember when those Ritmos came out and a friend at work bought one. He thought it was the bees knees. I thought and still think Fiats or Seats or whatever they call them were/are ****e. :D:D
    Mind you the wife had a punto ten years back and I was amazed at how comfortable and peppy it was. It still didn't convert me.
    Think if someone turned up at a car show with a Ritmo , it would definitely grab the attention !!:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mate of mine in newry has two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

shawnee wrote: »
    I thought and still think Fiats or Seats or whatever they call them were/are ****e. :D:D

Well Seat have had no association with Fiat since the '80s and have been wholly owned by Volkswagen for the past 20 years, but I digress...

I thought and still think Fiats or Seats or whatever they call them were/are ****e.

The SEAT version of the Ritmo was called the 'SEAT Ronda'.

211_ronda-02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

shawnee wrote: »
    Yeah , makes me feel even older , as I remember when those Ritmos came out and a friend at work bought one. He thought it was the bees knees. I thought and still think Fiats or Seats or whatever they call them were/are ****e. :D:D
    Mind you the wife had a punto ten years back and I was amazed at how comfortable and peppy it was. It still didn't convert me.
    Think if someone turned up at a car show with a Ritmo , it would definitely grab the attention !!:D:P

My brother in law had one in the eighties, twin webers, dark glass, massive stereo with tape deck, thought it was the coolest thing in the world. On the other hand I would say that the toyota 20 of the time was a bucket of ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    My brother in law had one in the eighties, twin webers, dark glass, massive stereo with tape deck, thought it was the coolest thing in the world. On the other hand I would say that the toyota 20 of the time was a bucket of ****e!

Didn't realise that i was auto censored! ****e **** balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

ritmo-75.jpg

They were kinda quirky design for their time. I'd say very few survive.

Noel Edmonds didn't have much positive to say about it:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Nice Porker in Blackrock this morning:

photo_1_Medium.jpg

Unlucky (clamp on passenger side) :p

photo_5_Medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

What are the regs of the other three?

GZU150 is one of the original Irish Mercedes 600's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Friend of mine had what I think must have been an Abarth version of a Ritmo in the late '80's. Never liked them but this one was kinda cool and went like snot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Dades wrote: »
    Nice Porker in Blackrock this morning:

photo_1_Medium.jpg

Looks like the one that lives on Sandymount strand - and appears to have replaced a 928.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Sorry the quality is not great as they are from my phone...

'57 Caddy Fleetwood
    57CaddyFleetwood2.jpg

57CaddyFleetwood.jpg

'70 Volvo Amazon
    70Volvo.jpg

and this unfortunately is a '67 VW Beetle
    67VW.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Do-more wrote: »
    and this unfortunately is a '67 VW Beetle