Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Paddy Power $35 Freezout, 8.30pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

aidankk wrote:
    what about the guy that put me all in when i had ak with aq4 on the board, i called all he had was q2... of course he pulled the 2 on the river to knock me out...

He called a 4x bb raise with q2 off...

ahhhh well

You cant account for every player or every call....but I would think most people on here would agree that the standard of any boards game is alot higher than the cash equivalent MTT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

sure Dub, in fact, upon consideration, I have to agree that your argument is perfectly valid.

Its simply a difference of opinion. You want to pit yourself against good players for a good gamble. Unfortunately, I'm a grinder. I want to play the weakest players for the most money.

Actually, now that I've phrased it that way I think your approach may be better!

i'll get me coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

**goes back in time
    Fair enuff Pit Boss, the public gets what teh public wants
    **steps out of tardis :D

3€ rebuy is poker snap, would not be interested in this.
    I think the Boards PPP game would be a good way to try and improve my game, (the standard would be pretty high- i'll do my best to lower it :D:p )
    btw was Karl playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Dub13 wrote:
    You cant account for every player or every call....but I would think most people on here would agree that the standard of any boards game is alot higher than the cash equivalent MTT

i agree, the general play was great. I will play every week. Its interesting to play the same players each week... Hopefully its continues, the current time is good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

aidankk wrote:
    i agree, the general play was great. I will play every week. Its interesting to play the same players each week... Hopefully its continues, the current time is good...
    Ok I will put it back up again so same structure same time no advertisement outside here to keep it local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ok I will put it back up again so same structure same time no advertisement outside here to keep it local.

I dont mind keeping it at the $35 level but i do think a lesser buy-in would attract more players. $15-$20 would be more reasonable perhaps?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

When PPP-Pit-Boss first started the thread, the buy-in of $35 was a good compromise considering what everyone wanted, so I dont see the point in changing it. Like Waylander says, the Pokerstars tournies are really cheap, and you'll generally be playing with the same players. Personally, I only use Pokerstars for Shortstacks tournies.

PPP'Boss, Sundays are out a bit difficult for me at the moment, but I'll try to support your tournie as much as possible (and the same goes for Mikes game).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

sure Dub, in fact, upon consideration, I have to agree that your argument is perfectly valid.

Its simply a difference of opinion. You want to pit yourself against good players for a good gamble. Unfortunately, I'm a grinder. I want to play the weakest players for the most money.

Actually, now that I've phrased it that way I think your approach may be better!

i'll get me coat....

Your Looking for an easy buck Doc,you chancer ;) I was like that for a while but the bad play just did my head in.I find that I play much better when I am up against better players

Have posted up for this Sunday again. My final duty before the weekends debauchery commences. Have a great one ;D
    - Boards.ie Champion $35 Freezeout 15 minute rounds 8:30pm Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Have posted up for this Sunday again. My final duty before the weekends debauchery commences. Have a great one ;D
    - Boards.ie Champion $35 Freezeout 15 minute rounds 8:30pm Sunday

I'll be interested to see how many of the 30 or so players who posted their opinions on the structure of this tourney actually turn up to play. I reckon about 10.

On Wednesday I played a great paddy power tourney 10 dollar freezeout with a guaranteed prize of $300. Only 16 turned up, the last four got paid and I won it. Nice.
    This is the exact structure that the boards one should have. It's just a bit of fun, an introduction to the game. And to be blunt, and i may be sorry i've written this, but fewer players here are finishing the month in profit then they care to admit. They won't play for $35 when there isn't a guaranteed prize fund.

I honestly don't mind what way it goes down because if I'm around I'll play and if I aint i won't. But for the vast majority of the few hundred who read here, mostly students and young guys, $35 is too much.

cheers, the good doc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Isn't the boards tournament more about bragging rights and knocking people out with 72o/85o than the actual money. It's not as if it's going to be an easy game compared to the other MTT's/STT's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

lafortezza wrote:
    Isn't the boards tournament more about bragging rights and knocking people out with 72o/85o than the actual money. It's not as if it's going to be an easy game compared to the other MTT's/STT's available.
    The PS one is anyway. The one on PPP is more expensive and is taken a bit more seriously. Shame about the way the blinds rise so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's 15 minute blinds Imposter and the play is about twice as fast as PokerStars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

DapperGent wrote:
    It's 15 minute blinds Imposter and the play is about twice as fast as PokerStars.
    I know it's 15 minute rounds. I don't think it's anywhere near twice as fast as PS.

The starting stacks are 2000 Vs 1500. Blinds as follows:
    1: 20/40 10/20
    2: 30/60 15/30
    3: 50/100 25/50
    4: 100/200 50/100
    5: 150/300 75/150
    6: 200/400 100/200

If you havn't made much in the way of chips by level 4, any decent pot, is pretty much an all-in pot. In the boards games so far most players (all but 1 or 2) are in this situation. On PS by level 4 most of the field are not in this position.

You're disregarding the amounts of hands you see per level by fast I mean how quickly the software deals hands/flops etc. and the speed with which players are forced to act.

I think I see far more hands/minute on Tribeca than I do on pokerstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I'd like to play in this one - sounds perfect for a sunday night game. How do I unlock my account though? I cant ping any mangers on PP as I can't log in, their 24 hour support doesnt seem to operate on weekends and i've had no response to a form I e-mailed in. Anyone got any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Think you need to give them a call Ken, you'll get the number on the website. Doc there is a $10 dollar game that you have never particapated in twice a week that does not always even get a second table. What is the harm in catering for all pockets and tastes?

Well done Waylander!

He gained favour from Po'kah when pushing 72 (suited unfortunately) against me heads up, after that double through he was destined to win.

Not that I can complain I think I gave everyone in the tournament a bad beat at least once including 78s cracking Davey's JJ. Classy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Cheers Dapper. Enjoyed the heads up battle, there was plenty of play in it as blinds were still fairly low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Don't talk about bad beats. I had 1010 against Waylanders AA. Flop AAx. Not only do I bet once but then again on the turn. If he can't lay down that hand he'd want to think about his game. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Yeah but you also had 1010 vs my QQ early doors. And knocked me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Yeah but you also had 1010 vs my QQ early doors. And knocked me out!

The ladies never do me a bad turn ;)

kencleary wrote:
    I'd like to play in this one - sounds perfect for a sunday night game. How do I unlock my account though? I cant ping any mangers on PP as I can't log in, their 24 hour support doesnt seem to operate on weekends and i've had no response to a form I e-mailed in. Anyone got any ideas?
    Correct email address is poker@paddypower.com. But if you would like you can just send me your ppp user name by private message and I will unlock it for you. Also PPP have 24 hour live assistance from poker you just hit the "manager" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Played the game yesterday, and thought it was very enjoyable, apart from the fact that I played crap and leaked chips all over the place..

Pity there were only 14 runners though, as you start off on a table with 7 players, which drops down to 5 when two players go out, and then jumps up to 9 players for the final table.. Good practise for changing gears though!

Went out 8th when my AJo lost to Dapper's K7.. Don't think the price is too excessive, as all you have to do is win a $10 stt to get your buy-in..

Well done Waylander/Dapper..

Advertisement