Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Paddy Power $35 Freezout, 8.30pm

Options
  • 15-05-2005 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Come on get signed up, I'm the only one registered at the moment. 15 min levels
    too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im up for it but how do you enter?. I usually wait till the last minute to enter tourneys in case of the outbreak of WW111 of if i get swallowed by a giant jelly fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Go to multi tourney find Boards.ie $35 freezeout and register. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Davey are u mad or what?
    why would I want to pay $35 + $3.5 for a tourney with no gaurenteed pot when I can pay $27+$1.35 for the $25000 gaurenteed final?

Pog Mahone on ppp

Phil (the muppet) Helmuth is still a twat.

Depends if you like re-buy events or not. I don't but I might play if more players don't sign up for the $35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

its looking like a heads up tournie at the minute davey :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

easy solution - play both! By the time you need to pay attention in the 25k the boards tourny will be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Well done Davey Devil, he murdered the field when it got down to three. Both myself and declanb (?) were running on empty at the end trying to come 2nd. Good game, enjoyed it, competition was a bit tough though!

still, at least i have proved that without a doubt I'm the 3rd best player here!
    proofed! :D
    D.

congrats to acesmike for sacrificing himself on the field of honour. I present you with the button for bravery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I did a Dapper :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Well done Davey Devil, he murdered the field when it got down to three. Both myself and declanb (?) were running on empty at the end trying to come 2nd. Good game, enjoyed it, competition was a bit tough though!

still, at least i have proved that without a doubt I'm the 3rd best player here!
    proofed! :D
    D.

congrats to acesmike for sacrificing himself on the field of honour. I present you with the button for bravery.

I am always happy to be the bubble. I feel it is my duty to take this place as many times as possible. Unfortunately in the Pokerstars $215 I made it no where near as far, I flopped a nut straight for some one to get a runner runner flush and also my QQ ran into a flopped flush. Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Imposter wrote:
    I did a Dapper :eek:
    Harsh. :)

I was annoyed I couldn't play in this. Lousy work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

same, im usually in work till either 6 or 8 on a Sunday but was in till 10 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

It was a good tourney and i enjoyed it. Thanks to PPP-Pitboss for organising it and anyone else who may have helped out. I would like to see it continue and maybe have a pppboards inaugural annual poker classic organised by PPP-Pitboss whereby the winner along with winnings gets a trophy(funded engraved and delivered by ppp)?.

Congrats to DaveyDevil on winning sundays tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

How many played? Did most hit the boards tournie on PokerStars before playing on PPP?

13 played on PPP.
    7 played on PokerStars.

As for me in both tournaments everthing I seemed to try backfired. I won one hand in the ist half hour of the PS game. Then I got a few good hands but no takers. As for the PPP game every move I made was halted and I ended up going out when CoD runner runnered a straight to my 2 pair. He did have other outs too though but I still was approx 2-1 favourite after flop when the money went in. At least some winnings earlier in a cash game eased the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I entered both comps - short and sweet exit from the first and a couple of my bad calls to blame for the PPP exit in 6th. Was good craic though and will certainly play again. Well done to davey devil

I prefer the layout and stuff of the Paddy Powers one to be honest. First time on pokerstars and it just didn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Well done Davey Boy!
    def try to play the next one, Birthday and Communion on the same day (in 2 different places) so that ruled out any involvement.
    How did u break down the payout?
    anyone think €35 is a bit steep? would 25€ freeze out be better?(2get more runners next time?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

yeh got a bit lucky in the beginning, but thought you might have folded to my reraise on your reraise lol.
    Umm I had KK 3 times, and never made more than the blinds off them once, other times i was in BB and everyone folded. Didnt see a single hand on the final table, played to hands in the 30mins+ i was on it, one was with QJ and missed the flop and folded, the other idecided to make a stealing move with 67s and ran into KKs. not good lol
    gg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

CoD wrote:
    yeh got a bit lucky in the beginning, but thought you might have folded to my reraise on your reraise lol.
    Umm I had KK 3 times, and never made more than the blinds off them once, other times i was in BB and everyone folded. Didnt see a single hand on the final table, played to hands in the 30mins+ i was on it, one was with QJ and missed the flop and folded, the other idecided to make a stealing move with 67s and ran into KKs. not good lol
    gg
    Great! Looks like a success! David-K.. this was the first of the tourneys really I just wanted to try to get a feel for a tournament that you guys would like to play in at the right time / price point / blind level. See how it went and then take it from there. Not having a notion how many people would actually play would make it difficult to guarantee the prize pool. This however does not have to be the case for any future rerun of this tourney.
    So I think I have my answer and we should run it again next week. However I note that Dapper and assencion couldnt play.
    Corben I ran a survey this is the price point that won..
    Please send me more feedback on it..
    Rounders, absolutely I will look into a way of running it as a league tournament and get back to you.
    Shall I run it at the slightly later time of 21:30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

8:30 suited me to be honest.
    Be deffinitely good to have it each week - I think the price is right but if changing I wouldn't go below 20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I think running it later might be a good idea if (and don't know if this is something to consider) you want to allow players to play in the new €30 in the Fitz at 4pm Sunday afternoons and then make the online tournie later. I'd like to play against the rest of the boards posse at 21:30, but assuming I'm free each Sunday afternoon I'll be definitely playing the Fitz game, as will a good few others that post here.

• Advertisement

Later doesn't suit me.

CoD your reraises only cost me something like 360 (about 3k in pot) and I was already more that pot commited at that stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Later suits as I will be playing the new fitz game when I am free.

Personally....

I would happily play a 3 dollar rebuy game later, about half nine or even half ten. I can't say that I'll be playing a 35 dollar game very often. To be honest I can win more in cheaper games with more players. Only 13 played last night and i suspect that will decrease. Why play against players that you know to be good for money that you can get better value for on other tourneys and cash games.

I'm not being overly critical here but I do know what I'm talking about. Theres no point in agreeing to create a tourney for players who won't show. If the tourney starts at 3 dollars then everyone no matter how limited their experience can start and bow out when they want.

I'm a late owl so the later the better for me. But as I say, please do as the majority wishes, or even as you wish, because I cant promise to around very often.

But for 3 dollars and a bit of fun.... count me in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I play in Boards tournament's because I know the players are good.You cannot improve playing against the fish.

Dub13 wrote:
    You cannot improve playing against the fish.

I don't play to improve. I play to win money. Improving happens over the years as you play. I played the boards tourney last night to support the first one but I don't spend money with paddy power to improve my game.

If I had have lost money last night I wouldnt have minded too much but when I'm just having fun against good players that I know I want to spend less.

Every time I log on I look for fishys. I do not look for good players, only loose bankrolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I'm with Doc on this one, $35 is too much for me in a MTT ... $10-$15 Freezeout, or $3/4 rebuy tourney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

There is already a $10 twice a week boards game, so I see no harm in a more expensive one for the members who want it in fairness.

Waylander wrote:
    There is already a $10 twice a week boards game, so I see no harm in a more expensive one for the members who want it in fairness.
    That's a fair point but I agree with Doc as well. Granted if it moves to a later time I won't be playing anyway but if people want a larger buy-in and PPP are happy to put it on then fine, even if it is only a handful of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Dub13 wrote:
    I play in Boards tournament's because I know the players are good.You cannot improve playing against the fish.

what about the guy that put me all in when i had ak with aq4 on the board, i called all he had was q2... of course he pulled the 2 on the river to knock me out...

He called a 4x bb raise with q2 off...

ahhhh well

• Advertisement

I say leave it like it is but then I would say that wouldn't I. Thought the structure was good and it could grow once more people hear about it.

Advertisement