Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homer, Peter Griffin or Cartman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 flamin moe

homer easily, then cartman and trailing a long way behind is peter.

bought the three series of family guy on dvd about three months ago, still on series 2, will only watch it if i'm really bored because it is barely average in comparison to even to latest simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

tvnutz wrote:
    lol ye Quagmire is brilliant.

diggigity diggigity, all right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

flamin moe wrote:
    homer easily, then cartman and trailing a long way behind is peter.

bought the three series of family guy on dvd about three months ago, still on series 2, will only watch it if i'm really bored because it is barely average in comparison to even to latest simpsons

is that a joke? because it sounds like one! the latest simpsons arent even funny,not even a little bit. In fact they ruin what the simpsons once was. Even people who used to love the simpsons can see that. Let it go! and for the love of God let the show die!

Family Guy Forever! its even beating the simpsons in the ratings now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Peter Griffin by a mile
    old Homer
    Cartman

the Homer of today is **** (most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

No character will ever come close to Homer. Cartman certainly is hilarious but still no Homer. Peter....meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I reckon Homer is the better character, but Family Guy the better series. I actually think Cartman is a better stand alone character than Peter.

Family Guy is more of an ensemble thing, every character is a foil really, and far funnier and cleverer than the Simpsons ever was, even at it's best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tusky wrote:
    [Family is talking about Peter's Drinking problem]
    Brian Griffin: And remember the time when you had an Irish Coffee before we went to see "Philadelphia?"
    [Shows them in a movie theater]
    Peter: Ah, yeah. It's the guy from "Big." Tom Hanks Everything he says is a riot.
    Tom Hanks: I have AIDS.
    [Peter starts laughing uncontrollably]

[Eating ice-cream]
    Peter : Butterscotch rum is my favourite.
    [Takes one lick and crashes unconscious through a table.]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Wow, never though people would say they hate FG but there you go. It's Definitely better than new simspons imo

Anyway i think
    old Homer
    Peter Griffin
    Cartman

Also i think a futurama character should have been included. Just cause the show is cancelled does'nt mean it's shouldnt be talked about. I'd put bender in and he'd be second to old homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

peter cos he's just a dirtbag...gotta love the dirtbagery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Peter Griffin: A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

Peter: Now kids, Daddy only drank so the Statue of Liberty would take her clothes off.

Peter: Y2K? What are you selling, chicken or sex jelly?

Peter (to Lois): "That's because Christians don't believe in gravity."

Peter: My dad worked at that factory for sixty years. That's almost eighty years

Chris: Dad, can you help me with my math homework?
    Peter: Math. Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

what more needs to be said

tvnutz wrote:
    is that a joke? because it sounds like one! the latest simpsons arent even funny,not even a little bit. In fact they ruin what the simpsons once was. Even people who used to love the simpsons can see that. Let it go! and for the love of God let the show die!

Family Guy Forever! its even beating the simpsons in the ratings now!

i just find family guy mildly amusing - a sort of immature repetitive comedy, good for a chuckle now and then, but overall the laughs are thin on the ground, and the humour is a bit aimed for a 15-18 year old market imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

well Cartman helped proove the point that taking drugs in sport is just like pretending to be handicapped in the special olympics....*cough - Michelle De Brun - *cough

I dont know why ppl arent considering cartman more, he has had so much classic moments in South Park, and unlike Homer... the cartman in more recent episodes is actually better then the older one, now Homer sux and is REALLY annoying... classic one is still brilliant though.

and lets not forget peter saying to Lois - "If you strike me down Lois I will become more powerfull than you can possibly imagine" classic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

flamin moe wrote:
    and the humour is a bit aimed for a 15-18 year old market imo
    An lot of references go way over the head of your average 15-18 year old. Not many of them would have got the jokes about the GI Joe cartoon, Blues Brothers or You Can't Do That On Television. And that's just from the new episodes. Family Guy is definitely aimed at the twenty-somthing audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

While I love Peter and Homer, two of the best characters ever, I have to give first place to Cartman. He is just such an evil, selfish, manipulating character in an eight year old's body, that you have to laugh.
    Without Cartman, I doubt South Park would have made it. For Cartmans best performance I think you have to watch the Special Olympics episode. Very un-P.C. but it's a classic. It cracks me up every time I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

That's a really really tough one. They are all funny but I go cartman cos of the voice.

"I'm not fat I'm just big boned"

flamin moe wrote:
    i just find family guy mildly amusing - a sort of immature repetitive comedy, good for a chuckle now and then, but overall the laughs are thin on the ground, and the humour is a bit aimed for a 15-18 year old market imo

i was mainly talking about how the hell you could think any new simpsons ep would be funny but now that you mention that,i think you are totally wrong,15-18? its more adult than the simpsons by a long shot.

tvnutz wrote:
    i was mainly talking about how the hell you could think any new simpsons ep would be funny but now that you mention that,i think you are totally wrong,15-18? its more adult than the simpsons by a long shot.

think we'll have to agree to disagree, simpsons best jokes have have subtlety about them, wheras family guy humour is a lot more like 'there's something about mary' humour - which fom time to time i'd find very funny, but never to make it all time classic in a series

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

flamin moe wrote:
    think we'll have to agree to disagree, simpsons best jokes have have subtlety about them, wheras family guy humour is a lot more like 'there's something about mary' humour - which fom time to time i'd find very funny, but never to make it all time classic in a series

'Family guy' humour & 'Something about Mary' humour similiar ? You're way off there buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Homer
    Peter
    Cartman

Homer has put in so many more hours of classic TV that he has to come out on top, its like comparing Wayne Rooney to George Best, its pointless and there's no contest. But in ten years, then we'll see.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    'Family guy' humour & 'Something about Mary' humour similiar ? You're way off there buddy.

well maybe its only the first seies and a half that derives it's humour from either sex or gross type jokes

the simpsons has no humour in the new eps,none at all! there is nothing! its not funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Homer
    Peter
    Cartman

Homer has put in so many more hours of classic TV that he has to come out on top, its like comparing Wayne Rooney to George Best, its pointless and there's no contest. But in ten years, then we'll see.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I second the call for Futurama! Futurama was the funniest out of the 4 series. Why cant they cancel the simpsons and bring back Fry, Bender & co?

On the current poll, Peter is the funnier character imo. Then homer and cartman. Havent watched Southpark since around season 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

flamin moe wrote:
    well maybe its only the first seies and a half that derives it's humour from either sex or gross type jokes

Family guy derives its humour from everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Boro wrote:
    Havent watched Southpark since around season 4 though.

You should really check out some of the new eps. There seems to be a general opinion going around (which I also subscribe to) that the show dipped in season 3-4 but that its now currently better than it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Drer God Don't make me choose!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

maybe you need a certain alternative/twisted/perverse sense of humour to enjoy family guy, i know i love it!, im amazed that so many people here have said they dont find it funny. just reading the quotes above from peter and you gotta love em!

i hope they dont do anymore than 5 family guy series so as not to ruin the humour. unlike simpsons.

cartman's a walking bast*rd, he'd win that competition hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Homer, although portrayed as a buffoon, has much wittier and well written lines.

Peter is equally as funny, but the material is purely ridiculous. Besides, he only has a few episodes by comparison.

Cartman, that show is crap. Never liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Man: Warning: tickets should not be taken internally.
    Homer: See? Because of me, now they have a warning.

Homer: What do you mean? It says right here: "Free wig with every
    purchase of large wig. Downtown Wig Center". Why you little --
    hmm, free wig...
    [imagines looking at himself wearing a Marge wig]
    [falsetto] I love you, Homey. Mmm..
    [normal voice] Heh heh, I don't need her at all any more.

Homer: Heh heh heh, I did it! Second in line, and all I had to do was
    miss eight days of work.
    Man: With the money you would have made working, you could have bought
    tickets from a scalper.
    Homer: In theory, yes. [sotto voce] Jerk.

Homer: God, if you really are God, you'll get me tickets to that game.
    [doorbell rings]
    Ned: Heidely-ho, neighbor. Wanna go to the game with me? I got two
    tick --
    Homer: [slams the door] Why do you mock me, O Lord?
    Marge: Homer, that's not God. That's just a waffle that Bart tossed up
    there.
    [Marge scrapes it off into Homer's hands]
    Homer: I know I shouldn't eat thee, but -- [bites] Mmm, sacrilicious.

Homer: Wow. Now I have four children. [to ball] You will be called
    "Stitchface".

Ned: Oh, I guess it's time for me to duck again.
    Homer: No! I want everyone to know that -- [yells] this is Ned
    Flanders, my friend!
    Lenny: What'd he say?
    Carl: I dunno. Something about being gay.

There 6 CLASSIC homer lines, and all within 8 minutes of each other

Homer hands down, then peter, cartman shouldnt even be listed next to these greats!

Yes, simpsons have gone crap, utterly horrible, but think of the good times (seasons 2- 12 maybe)

Advertisement