Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody buy the Aldi Lappi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They've actually gotten quite a good reputation for the quality of their electronic gear.
    I picked up a 250GB WD hard drive there today to replace the 4 year old 120GB maxtor that died on me the other day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Anyone know if Aldi still have the Laptops in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You'd have to go store-to-store asking. They might still be taking orders for them if they haven't any in stock. They don't have them on display though, you will probably have to ask someone if they have em out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Hi all,

Quick question if i may. Im seriously thinking about getting this laptop within the next 2 weeks(hopefully) - can anyone tell me, if its sold out, is it posible i can order it direct from the supplier?

Thanks! (My first post...)

And could any of you fine people tell this dummy what exactly the bluetooth device is and what you do with the router?

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

as far as i know you use the bluetooth for making phone calls, etc., with your other bluetooth device, eg, mobile phone...wireless router: instead of having very long wires trailing all around the house after you while you're online, you connect phone line from socket into this router; wireless technology in laptop picks up signal and goes online 'wirelessly'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

cianr wrote:
    Hi all,

Quick question if i may. Im seriously thinking about getting this laptop within the next 2 weeks(hopefully) - can anyone tell me, if its sold out, is it posible i can order it direct from the supplier?

Thanks! (My first post...)

I've been told that you can order it through aldi. They normally have the orders in within 10 days.

Else you can get it from GERICOM

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnniekipper

anyone know how to set up the 120 mins free skype on the aldi lappi. it is on the aldi flyer as part of the spec but i cant find how to set it up. rang gericom and they hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

How much did the machine cost?

Feelgood,

Around €1500.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭MoeHawk

anyone know how to set up the 120 mins free skype on the aldi lappi. it is on the aldi flyer as part of the spec but i cant find how to set it up. rang gericom and they hadn't a clue.

ANy idea what the right hand side bit of the touch pad does?, how do u work it?

Does the Flight simulator come in english??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

right hand side of the touch pad scrolls up and down pages. like on IE, Mozilla, etc... Flight Sim came in English here

kensutz wrote:
    right hand side of the touch pad scrolls up and down pages. like on IE, Mozilla, etc... Flight Sim came in English here

Ok I ordered from Ger, so does that mean my german flight simulator is worthless?

My touchpad isnt working even when scroll oke is highlighted, the cursor changes but it wont scroll

it depends on where you scroll on I find. it's a bit awkward to get used to but now it works fine for me.

kensutz wrote:
    it depends on where you scroll on I find. it's a bit awkward to get used to but now it works fine for me.

Ok i just got it to work on IE but still no for firefox!

Booting up the laptop now. It works on some sites and not on others. The reason why your Flight Sim is in German is because it's regionalised I think. Is there not a language selection.

kensutz wrote:
    Booting up the laptop now. It works on some sites and not on others. The reason why your Flight Sim is in German is because it's regionalised I think. Is there not a language selection.

No idea

Can't seem to see anything about language selection. There might be a language patch/hack around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I just used the up - down feature on the touch pad on this page in firefox and it worked ok.

Can any one of you cats tell me if it has an inbuilt microphone?

(Im getting it in a few days hopefully, but would like to know before i get it . . . if you dont mind!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

cianr wrote:
    Can any one of you cats tell me if it has an inbuilt microphone?

(Im getting it in a few days hopefully, but would like to know before i get it . . . if you dont mind!)

Yup

Gracias.

bottom right hand corner of the monitor there's one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Hugo Reyes

kensutz wrote:
    bottom right hand corner of the monitor there's one

I cant get that internal Mic to work, what do you do???

HAve you tried the graphics yet, unbelievably I still have not, dont own any good games and doing the LC in EIGHT DAYS

havent used the mic. plays HL2 easily

have used the mic on the power director (video editing suite) that comes with it - the headset is uncomfortable and although the basic sound recorder that comes with XP picks it up well; my 'movie' produced some dodgy results; but you can let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭paulcr

Are you guys talking about the discount grocery chain. They just opened up around here and I don't know anything about them.

ya, you should have a look at their irish website www.aldi.ie : every thursday they have a lot of cheap but good quality electrical equipment for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭claires friend

What do you think Of the Tv software?
    I am getting half decent quality with just a cheap antenna did'nt hook it up to cable yet as only have sky digital?
    THe recording seems crap though as it only records in superhigh quality even in the "good" setting it takes up hundreds of megs for like 3Mins

is there any alternative free program which could record better

Also whta is the best way to connect this to a Tv to watch movies through the tv screen???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭claires friend

Would An Ord. Tv Pout S-video Cable Work? Where Could I Get One?????

Advertisement