Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun with 7 2 off!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

I was actually thinking the same thing. I originally posted the thread with the intention of sharing a small anecdote with the rest of the members, expecting maybe a few "lol"'s or "yeah i hate when that happens", and it ends up turning into a heated debate! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I think that was the way it was heading until you said it was just 'plain stupid' or words to that effect.

That hole just kept getting deeper and deeper though !

Anyways, t'was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Amaru wrote:
    I prefer to muck it, and keep my chips.

No spot prize in the weekly game for you then.
    Iago wrote:
    I have been having a lot of luck with 85o or 85s(thanks JP)

The 85 is this seasons new 9c2c. It has won an incredible 13 out of 14 hands in the last two home games, faring better than these so called "aces" I hear speak of. Lads at the Dun L game on a Friday speak of the 85 (another hand in their arsenal to "go with" :rolleyes: ). I'm very pleased to see you are having success with it Iago, long may it continue, even to "a fundematally bad player" like yourself who "lucks out"!

Middle pair refers to middle pair on the flop, ie Queens on a T Q A flop.
    Fine, I got the lingo wrong. sue me. I think what i meant was medium pair?
    You said, "you cant make a straight with them". And your wrong, you can. Maybe you meant to add the disclaimer that you cant make a straight using both cards.
    You know this is what i meant, so why are you being an ass about it? The main thing about 7 2 off is thats its a 4 cards difference, so the 2 cards can't form a straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'd say the glass is close to breaking after all this tapping...

• Advertisement

Fine, most of you have been quick to call me a fish, but nobody has been able to tell me the merits to counter the demerits i listed, other than "your opponent can't put you on a hand". Alternatively, find me any top professional who'd recommend playing 7 2 off specifically. Until then, i stand by everything i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

God lads, after a hard day staring at a screen you boys really cheer me up.

It should possibly be pointed out to the 'newer' members of the forum that some form of a sense of humour must often be applied to life. This may sometimes involve an activity known as 'talking *****'. It should possibly also be pointed out that if you are new to the forum, the (perfectly natural) assumption that hector is an eejit may prove unprofitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

Rodge wrote:
    Open your mind to the wonders of 2 7 off

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mhowe/index.htm

my mind is opened.
    this strategy is brilliant, if 2 more twos come down!!

personally, ill play 7-2o occasionally, but it depends on the size of the blinds/bet, my position, and whether im up or down.

would nearly always play it after winning a big pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John_G

Come on though, what's more satisfying than raising on the button with 72o, making a raise, getting a couple of callers, then having the flop checked round to you and stealing it having hit damn all?
    Amaru wrote:
    Everybody knows the ****ty feeling of being dealt 7 2 offsuit. I hate it so much that often times i feel like folding it even when there's no raise and i'm the Big Blind!

Anyone who would fold any hand on the bb with no raise is a fool. Oh what's that? You were only joking and ppl shouldn't take you so seriously? I thought so until you started taking everyone else so seriously. I hope you are joking, because if not, you take the award for the most moronic post in this thread.

Advertisement