Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Characters Ever

Options
  • 10-05-2005 10:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

What are the worst characters to ever be put on t.v.??
    heres my 2 cents...
    1. - Dr. Molly Clock (Scrubs). By far and away the most pointless and annoying character to grace my tellybox, not only did she make 9 episodes of scrubs unwatchable but it almost makes me ill to watch her. A true plonker who for the first time ever made me want to put my fist through the TV. I hate her so so so much its unreal... Why was she created? What point is she? Who finds her funny? She is the pinnacle of annoyance with her "kooky" attitude, yet shes wise beyond her years with her own problems.... shut up, absolute waste of space plonker.
    2. - Phoebe (Friends). I wouldnt hate her as much as Molly, but Phoebe just never really had a point and was oft times just plain irritating, in fairness she did have a few good one liners but after 2 seasons she just became pointless and dry.
    3. - Drew Carey (anything hes in). The most overrated comedian in the world. Hes just not funny... at all. Im probably funnier than him. How he passes for good humour is a complete mystery to me. Why does he continully get put on t.v.?? I just cant see how people laugh at his jokes. Hes snide and annoying... humour for the braindead.(and no not in any sort of cool way).
    4. - The Osbournes. What more can be said? The adventures of a drugged up Brummie, his shrewd annoying wife and his brood of spoilt brats continues to be forced on our tellys. If any of you caught even a glimpse of when Dr. Phil came around to their house then I dont need to continue.
    5. - Everyone in The O.C. What sheer unadulterated crap. How this show achieved any sort of popularity I dont know. Its a complete mystery to me why people could spend an hour of their lives watching this... it just doesnt make sense. As for the characters. WOW! even richer, snobbier and more spoilt then the ones out of Dawsons Creek. Impoosible I hear you say? No, its true! Then they harp on about their feelings.... thats when Im tempted to get my hammer...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Will and Grace or that idiot Fran Drescher from The Nanny make me want to kick my TV screen in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Jazzy wrote:
    Why was she created? What point is she? Who finds her funny? She is the pinnacle of annoyance with her "kooky" attitude, yet shes wise beyond her years with her own problems.... shut up, absolute waste of space plonker.

Angry, angry young man.

Personally, i hate Pat Kenny. He's so appaling he has to have been invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Here's an idea Jazzy; watch less ****e TV.

You hate everyone in The OC, then don't watch it.
    You don't like the Osbournes then don't watch sh1t daytime pop psychology programmes with them on.
    you hate Drew Carey, then guess what...

...that's right, shoot the fat git 'cause I hate him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Lindsay from the OC. Brought down the whole standard of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

1. - Dr. Molly Clock (Scrubs). By far and away the most pointless and annoying character to grace my tellybox, not only did she make 9 episodes of scrubs unwatchable but it almost makes me ill to watch her. A true plonker who for the first time ever made me want to put my fist through the TV. I hate her so so so much its unreal... Why was she created? What point is she? Who finds her funny? She is the pinnacle of annoyance with her "kooky" attitude, yet shes wise beyond her years with her own problems.... shut up, absolute waste of space plonker.

I liked her because she's hot. So for that reason alone she and Sarah Chalke should be made do more scenes together.

But apart from that, Drew Carey is aweful and, not too sure if they're charecters or not but Lenny Henry and Lee Evans. I suppose they are more like people than charecters but they have both tried acting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

qz wrote:
    Lindsay from the OC. Brought down the whole standard of the show.

standards ?!?! *snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Kate Warner from 24... god I hated her... she ruined everything... LEARN TO ACT WOMAN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jazzy wrote:
    3. - Drew Carey (anything hes in). The most overrated comedian in the world. Hes just not funny... at all. Im probably funnier than him. How he passes for good humour is a complete mystery to me. Why does he continully get put on t.v.?? I just cant see how people laugh at his jokes. Hes snide and annoying... humour for the braindead.(and no not in any sort of cool way).
    You serious?!

BOOOOOOO!!

When Drew Carey was still on the air, it was always hilarious!! And the episodes were always so well put together. Each episode seemed to be crafted with care, and the little special effects they implemented into episodes occasionally were brillant!

And c'mon.. the brillant Ryan Stiles and Diedrich Bader as Lewis and Oswald!

More people need to see this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

basquille wrote:
    You serious?!

BOOOOOOO!!

When Drew Carey was still on the air, it was always hilarious!! And the episodes were always so well put together. Each episode seemed to be crafted with care, and the little special effects they implemented into episodes occasionally were brillant!

agree with basquille on this one, i had never seen the show when it was on here, but i spent 3 months in america a couple of years ago and it was on all the time over there, i really enjoyed it, and with whose line is it anyway (american version with drew presenting it and ryan stiles permanently on it)on directly after it it was pure genius

but other than that i agree with your initial characters (mostly as molly was pointlessly hot :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Agree with the previous 2 posts, Drew Carey is a great show.

Molly Clock is hot and should still be in Scrubs :)

Agree with you on the Osbournes, should all die in a plane crash, especially Kelly, what a geebag :)

Phoebe is crap I agree, shes just not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

John R wrote:
    Here's an idea Jazzy; watch less ****e TV.

You hate everyone in The OC, then don't watch it.
    You don't like the Osbournes then don't watch sh1t daytime pop psychology programmes with them on.
    you hate Drew Carey, then guess what...
    ...that's right, shoot the fat git 'cause I hate him too.

lol, but yeah, I dont watch those shows, its just from wat i can see of them which i hate. I have to turn off scrubs when Molly Clock comes on, I physically cant stomach it....
    Im shocked at the amount of support for drew carey, does no one realise that when whos line is it anyway moved to the states it became so totally and obviously scripted and turned dry and unfunny. Ryan Stiles was wasted on the drew carey show, he should have ended that friendship a long time ago..
    I swear to god, Im a funnier man than Drew Carey!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Neelix from Star Trek Voyager is about the worst character I can think of at the moment.

But perhaps he's too much of an easy target to pick on.

Jazzy wrote:
    lol, but yeah, I dont watch those shows, its just from wat i can see of them which i hate. I have to turn off scrubs when Molly Clock comes on, I physically cant stomach it....
    Im shocked at the amount of support for drew carey, does no one realise that when whos line is it anyway moved to the states it became so totally and obviously scripted and turned dry and unfunny. Ryan Stiles was wasted on the drew carey show, he should have ended that friendship a long time ago..
    I swear to god, Im a funnier man than Drew Carey!

I very much doubt that.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The entire cast of Fair City, most notably Mondo for having such a ridiculous name.

And no I don't watch Fair City but I have had the misfortune to see a few episodes of it.

Joey, when he was on Friends, just got more and more stupid as the seasons went on. It got really annoying after a while, but that's probably true of the rest of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Roseanne - gave me nightmares.

Lisa Simpson - at times is incredibly irritating.

Sally Webster from Coronation Street is worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.

Alfie Moon - he's just too damn nice for his own good.

Also I would like to include the entire casts of, Footballers Wives, Dreamteam, The Bill and Holby City.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

jor el wrote:
    The entire cast of Fair City, most notably Mondo for having such a ridiculous name.

And no I don't watch Fair City but I have had the misfortune to see a few episodes of it.

Joey, when he was on Friends, just got more and more stupid as the seasons went on. It got really annoying after a while, but that's probably true of the rest of them too.

Surely you mean "Who ate all the pies?" Mondo :)

Neelix from Star Trek Voyager is about the worst character I can think of at the moment.

forgot about him... wanted him dead from day one, instead they got rid of Kes who started getting really hot by the time she was going.

i was so infuriated by molly clock I was thinking about starting a protest website to rid her from scrubs forever, but then she left anyway... when she returned for one episode i felt like crying....
    my hatred for her is unparralled, well her drew carey & rob schneider... ohh and not forgetting Kelly Osbourne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

LilyEsposito from Popular. Most of the chars on that show had both charm and annoying features to them but LilLily was a just a complete headwrecker from the first ep to the last.

The last straw was where the ep where she decided to 'save' the fallen leaves in Ms.Glasses garden from being put in a woodchipper by smuggling them back to her apartment. Even PETA have a more sensible manifesto than that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I wanted to hate Lily for the same reasons, but she was too damn cute :(
    Also Drew Carey is funny and I'm looking forward to Jazzy's next TV series.

Dr. Angela Hunter from Green Wing, now there's an annoying, completely unfunny character played by an annoying, thoroughly unamusing actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i hate Phoebe, she wrecks my head!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Ross was some muppet, every character in Dawsons Creek were tools

angry_fox wrote:
    every character in Dawsons Creek were tools

forgot about that, but sure arent they just the same as The O.C. ???

and yeah, my T.V. programme will kick ass :D
    drew carey can eat my shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

basquille wrote:
    You serious?!

BOOOOOOO!!

It was a great show for a few years. Saw a "newer" episode late last Friday night and it just wasn't funny. Remember the good times guys :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Behroos Araz from season 4 of 24...my god what a moaning little bitch...GRRRR...he should have been tough like his mom :D

BolBill wrote:
    Surely you mean "Who ate all the pies?" Mondo :)

BWAAA HAAA HAAA HAA HAA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

D&#233 wrote: »
    It was a great show for a few years. Saw a "newer" episode late last Friday night and it just wasn't funny. Remember the good times guys :(

Too true! It's different now and not in a good way. Gone is the department store where Drew's boss was a great character. Also Drew's new girlfriend is just not funny. I miss Kate. The slagging between Mimi and Drew is not what it used to be. Still worth watching for Lewis and Oswald I suppose.

As for worst character on tv I agree with OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

cashback wrote:
    Too true! It's different now and not in a good way. Gone is the department store where Drew's boss was a great character. Also Drew's new girlfriend is just not funny. I miss Kate. The slagging between Mimi and Drew is not what it used to be. Still worth watching for Lewis and Oswald I suppose.

I liked Drew Carey and watched it right from the start. I agree, the last couple of series weren't great but it still had it's moments. Watched the last ever two episodes last night and it was great to see how the show had come full circle with the return to the department store and seeing Mr. Wick (Craig Ferguson) back on the scene again. And the ending was a really nice touch I thought, with the shot from the very first ever scene (Oswald, Lewis and Kate looking out the window at Drew playing pool in the rain) linking in with the very last scene (the same, Drew playing pool in the rain, only with Mimi and Kellie joining Lewis and Oswald instead of Kate). Sad to see it end, I must admit.

Annoying characters in TV shows? Suprised no-one's mentioned Kim Bauer from '24' yet. Very annoying, especially in the second series. I mean, I know she's blonde and all but how bloody stupid do you have to be to end up getting yourself tangled up in all sorts of crazy shít every single week? Learn a bit of cop on, girl! The only thing she had going for her was the fact she was H....O....T! :D Other than that, the show would have been better off without her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Oh, another one. Was flicking through the channels the other evening and came across 'Will & Grace'. I'd heard of this show and seen it advertised but I've never actually watched it before. That woman with the high-pitched squeaky voice......... Jesus Christ, someone please shoot her in the larynx with a harpoon! :mad: She has to have one of the most annoying voices on television, right up there with "Oh.... My..... GAWD!" Janice from 'Friends'. And another character on that show that made me want to punch the screen was that screaming queen of a friend of hers. Not Will, the other gay guy. When you're finished with the harpoon on Miss Helium*, you can pull it out of her and repeatedly stab that guy to death with it, thank you very much!

I won't be watching that crap again, that's for sure.

*Though, I will admit, she does have a great set of títs on her! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sally Webster from Coronation Street is worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.
    That is very hard to imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Scrappy Doo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Raoul Duke wrote:
    Scrappy Doo!
    Agreed. Just thinking of him now makes me vomit with rage.

Advertisement