Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP satellites

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

NickyOD wrote:
    He offered to deal last night when it was HU but the other guy was having none of it.

Do you mean he offered "a deal"? If so how do ye go about deals online? I didnt think they were allowed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

podgeen wrote:
    Do you mean he offered "a deal"? If so how do ye go about deals online? I didnt think they were allowed.

They are allowed,it depends on the site....you basically call a manager or get in contact with the admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

podgeen wrote:

Some sites don't. I know Full Tilt defintely don't. PS are VERY helpful with deals. I've even seen players do deals in SnGs. Just sit out, contact support, and they show up at the table. You comfirm the deal int he chat and cashier support sorts out the payouts when the tourney is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

karlh wrote:
    very true, coupled with one player on my table intentionally going the distance with the clock on every single hand.

That really pi$$es me off, I had this one guy in a MTT the other night and every single hand he waited until the 10 second warning came up and passed before acting..every hand, every decision blinds at 20/40

preflop: X has 10 seconds to respond : Call
    flop: X has 10 seconds to respond :Check
    flop: X has 10 seconds to respond: Call

and so on and so forth, after 20 minutes of this I was ready to put my fist through the screen. Called up support and they said they couldn't do anything. I made the point that because of this acting up we were getting significantly less hands than other tables and where therefore at a disadvantage but there was nothing that could be done...

why can't they do something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

In fiarness, it is not a method I adopt myself as I do not have the patience, but doing this can put people on your table on tilt. I have seen it fairly often where someone at the table starts mouthing off and making bad calls to try and knock the player using the time out. As I say, I do not do it myself, but it can be a good tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Ever seen the $5 Super Turbo on laddies about 11.30 I think ?

200 starting chips, Blinds up every minute, you pray you start on one of the blinds, buttons blinds will be near enough All in Posting the blind if he was to wait.

All in fest straight from the off.

The main tactic in this, obviously enough, is be folded while timed out, so that the blinds keep eating into the next blinds chips.

Just a bit of craic, good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I had the same problem on Bodog last night. It was down to about 22 players . Its a $50 buy in, 10-18 pays about $120 but only decent money is top 4 really. 1st is 3K. The structure was horrible and I had like 11BBs but was 2nd in chips at my table. A lot of weak players at the table with like 4/5 BBs kept taking the max amount of time to FOLD! I pushed one guy when I was in the SB when it was bubble time and he had 1.4BBs after posting the Big blind. Autocall right? Nope! He counted down the clock, folded and blinded in for his pissy little $70 profit. I showed him my 6-4o off and he berated me. I can't understand how players won't play to win when blinding into the money is only a small profit compared to the buy in.

Really annoying thing was I went out 10th an hour later for the same amount of money as this ****er and he is better off because he gets a better hourly rate. Flat payout structures suck.

Advertisement