Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shield (S4)...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

madrab wrote:
    platoon, ghost dog, panic room etc
    Thanks. Of those I've only seen Platoon. I imagine our guy was a lot slimmer and younger back then. (who wasn't?). I'll keep an eye out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

madrab wrote:
    platoon, ghost dog, panic room etc

...and who could forget The Crying Game? Although I'll admit Mr Whittaker wasn't the most memorable part of that particular film :v: :eek:

Just saw the trailer for season 5 ep 6 - looks scary.
    I imagine it will soon be time for Vic to open up a can of whupass.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Just saw ep5 of season 5, must say it is probably the best ep in a number of years...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

have to agree with that. Absolutely fantastic episode.Amazing that this is the fifth series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah this season has really recaptured the spark that was there in the first season

thought episode 5 was brilliant
    i thought it was a set up at the start until mackey "killed" guy, was really well done

I thought season 4 was pretty good too.
    Season 5 is a little bit one-dimentional so far IMHO.
    Ep 5 was great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I think the shield has always been "one dimentional" though

there has always been a central theme running through the season be it armilido, the money train, antawn mitchell or the IAD investigation

i thought that season 4 was good if a little of the same oul same oul, perhaps tv3's treatment of it took the good out of the season but season 5 sees a determined enemy who will stop at nothing to get the strike team
    i loved the "it is a set up, it isnt a setup, is it a setup?" that the ep 5 had and also the way that vic is playing asaveda (sp?) off against Kavanagh

I agree with you, generally. I thought Glenn Close brought something extra to S4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I didn't, pretty much a non character IMHO. Loving this series.
    LOL @ Kavanagh losing the head at the end of the latest Episode, It had me laughing for a day :)

John

• Advertisement

Just saw season 5 ep 8. Absolutely the best thing on TV at the moment!
    Must agree with earlier posters, Forest Whitaker really is a fine (if somewhat demented:eek: ) actor.

damn it i couldnt find that episode yesterday, i was upset & suffering from withdrawl :)

madrab wrote:
    damn it i couldnt find that episode yesterday, i was upset & suffering from withdrawl :)

Me either....seems the powers that be are doing their damnedest to stop the cousins mailing it over...and it's the same for a lot of the primetime US shows the last couple of weeks. Hardly anything to do with itunes moving into the video retail market eh? :rolleyes:

Eh... I got it online, just took a day to surface.

John

Oh I got it too...but there's a lot more fake/dud/incomplete files floating about and not just for this show...just an observation.

Peerguardian supposedly can protect you from any dodginess.

great episode, forrest is a great actor

cant wait for next week

I just saw the last ep of season 5 (ep 11). Let me just say: it does not disappoint ;)

yeah cant wait to watch this tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

i just watched season 5 ep 11. my god it was shocking.
    i cant believe it...im just lost for words after that.

and did it end for everyone else at the 1hr 9min mark?
    fx networks said it was an hour and a half i thought....

p.s how do you do the spoiler tags again?

• Advertisement

90 Minutes with adverts.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Jesus what an episode. It's going to be a completely different show now, whats vic going to do when he learns the truth.

im still shocked from that
    i cant believe what shane did. There's no way vic will forgive him for that. Shane really deserves to die; after all lem did for him. It's shane's fault in the first place that lem was in that situation cos lem stole that heroin as leverage to find the girls body in season 4. Goddamn i hope someone kills shane!
    Shane probably felt it was his responsibilty to take care of the situation, since vic 'took care' of terry crowley before...just as i was getting to like shane...the racist, red necked sob

also, you'd think that claudette wouldve sussed something was up
    with lem dead + killed by a grenade + the strike team having busted a grenade operation + lem's possible testimony against the strike team...it won't take dutch long to put it together, but this time he'll b wrong, cos no doubt he'll blame vic...

Rcuomo wrote:
    im still shocked from that
    i cant believe what shane did. There's no way vic will forgive him for that. Shane really deserves to die; after all lem did for him. It's shane's fault in the first place that lem was in that situation cos lem stole that heroin as leverage to find the girls body in season 4. Goddamn i hope someone kills shane!
    Shane probably felt it was his responsibilty to take care of the situation, since vic 'took care' of terry crowley before...just as i was getting to like shane...the racist, red necked sob

also, you'd think that claudette wouldve sussed something was up
    with lem dead + killed by a grenade + the strike team having busted a grenade operation + lem's possible testimony against the strike team...it won't take dutch long to put it together, but this time he'll b wrong, cos no doubt he'll blame vic...
    The DEA warned vic to watch his back that the el salvardorians(sp) where feeling his heat. My guess is vic thinks lem when to some low life to help him out of the state, and was offered up to the salvadorians as payback. I'd imagine the next series will open with vic going after them hard. Poor lem though, he's spent the last two sessions coughing up blood from the stress. terrible way to live out your last days.

wow, that was amazing
    though at the start i thought that vic might kill lem, but thought he wouldnt have the heart to do it& it wasnt until shane said he had food for him that it hit me, although you would think the grenade would have done more damage

yeah vic is going to go mental when he finds out, but i would say shane will break down before that happens

hope kavanagh will still be in it as he his such a good character (although wtf with karin?)

i thought this was the last series & that it was gonna all end in that episode, but im glad that there will be another series but i just hope it doesnt drag on too long

It was great, wasn't it? They certainly suprised me.
    I thought this season would end with either all the team in jail or else with the total humiliation and possibly jailing of Kavanaugh. That was some powerful scene with Lem and Shane. And Shane's whinging "I'm sorry" afterwards was believeable but also kind of sickening. Shane is the definitive scumbag's scumbag, LOL. I also hope they have Kavanaugh in next season. Actually he's some scumbag too :rolleyes:
    EDIT - could have done with more of a punch-up between Vic and Kav at the end.
    Great having Claudette finally in the job she should have had since season 2

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great ending! Another great season.
    As soon as I saw it was Shane alone with Lem, I knew what would happen. Shane has always been a coward and he never really showed proper remorse for killing Terry - so he was clearly able to kill.

They edited the scene beautifully though. I kept expecting the shot and, as they dragged it out, I thought that scum wouldn't go through with it. When he brought the paper bag over, I thought he was going to shoot through it with a pistol. When it was the sambo, I felt relieved - until the grenade. Brilliant scene and it kept me muttering "Shane has to pay for that" repeatedly after that.

Loved everyone's reactions and how Claudette just let the fight continue for a few minutes. Wymms really deserves her post.

Shawn Ryan has pretty much confirmed S6 is the end and, even if it wasn't, he's planning on using S6 to wrap up all storylines. It won't be dragged out I feel and I don't think it's going to end well for Vic or Shane.

Does anybody else think dutch has got allot darker, and will probably get even darker in the final series?

ah dutch, what a great character...
    remember in season 3 i think, when dutch interrogated that serial killer and then went off and killed the cat in his back garden with his bare hands, i thought something was going to be developed from that but nothing really did...that was another great scene

back to ep.11
    i know vic would assume it was the el salvadorians who murdered lem, considering they just made 2 big busts on them and lem was involved in the first one, but i think claudette/dutch will suspect the strike team pretty quick. Yea but that was one hell of a powerful scene. i was half expecting shane to shoot lem too but then when it dragged out i thought no, and then you just hear the pin click and the grenade drop, shane walks away and lem is calling out his name before it blows. Shane shouting out 'im sorry' was pretty moving, but god he deserves to die, the f*cking coward!

• Advertisement

I agree, they could do a lot more with Dutch-boy (and Claudette). Unfortunately Dutch's default role seems to be a kind of "anti-Vic". (EDIT:ie he will do the opposite of what Vic would do in any given situation) I also thought that kitten scene would eventually lead into Dutch's going over to the dark side.

EDIT: They did develop Dutch a bit this season (ie his loyalty to Claudette) but not enough as they could have. I thought one of the best scenes in this season was where
    Dutch turned down the captains job by virtually repeating Claudettes works to the head cop (forget his name)

Advertisement