Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex with people who you don't like..

Options
  • 06-05-2005 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

A friend of a friend of mine is sleeping with a girl that he thinks is a minger. (and everyone else i know and he knows thinks she horrible looking aswell) And i was wondering why do people bother sleeping with people that they don't like. He could do alot better but chooses to sleep with this girl because she's "easy". She's slept with most of the lads and passed on her share of STI's. I don't think she's the worst lookin, she makes an effort, always has her hair & make up done and always has nice clothes on.
    Any fella's that sleep with her always deny it afterwards.

I was discussing this today and the arguement put to me was that its just sex. (A fella's opinion) Maybe its because im a girl and i wouldn't be able to just sleep with someone just to "get my numbers up" and i wouldn't feel comfortable with somebody i didn't like

Would you have sex with an ugly girl/guy just for the sake of it? (and i don't mean if u were drunk)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would you have sex with an ugly girl/guy just for the sake of it? (and i don't mean if u were drunk)

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder, but if I found them unattractive in any form be it physical or personality wise or whatever, then definately no.
    I was discussing this today and the arguement put to me was that its just sex.

Well, TBH, thats up to him!
    Maybe its because im a girl and i wouldn't be able to just sleep with someone just to "get my numbers up" and i wouldn't feel comfortable with somebody i didn't like

Nor would I, but its not limited to the males either (although it is sterotyped with good reason). Everyone's different!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

orla
    this is not a PI for you
    please read the forum charter
    moved to Humanities
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder, but if I found them unattractive in any form be it physical or personality wise or whatever, then definately no.

The thing is they think she's ugly aswell but just use her for sex and i don't understand why they bother if their going to deny it afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

A friend of a friend of mine is sleeping with a girl that he thinks is a minger. (and everyone else i know and he knows thinks she horrible looking aswell)

:rolleyes:
    And i was wondering why do people bother sleeping with people that they don't like.

Sex is great
    He could do alot better but chooses to sleep with this girl because she's "easy".
    Sex is great
    She's slept with most of the lads and passed on her share of STI's. I don't think she's the worst lookin, she makes an effort, always has her hair & make up done and always has nice clothes on.

Always use condoms

Any fella's that sleep with her always deny it afterwards.

Immature
    I was discussing this today and the arguement put to me was that its just sex. (A fella's opinion) Maybe its because im a girl and i wouldn't be able to just sleep with someone just to "get my numbers up" and i wouldn't feel comfortable with somebody i didn't like
    Thats your attitude and it is admirable, but not everyone is so PC about sex, if your asking im dancing....... :p

Would you have sex with an ugly girl/guy just for the sake of it? (and i don't mean if u were drunk

mmmmmmmm, define ugly, oh and sex is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

orla wrote:
    The thing is they think she's ugly aswell but just use her for sex and i don't understand why they bother if their going to deny it afterwards

Seems to me they deny it because you and the rest of your friends believe she is ugly. You don't know if the guy actually quite likes this girl, but because you have already decided that she is a minger you are making him embarrashed to be with her and of course he then denies it or gets embarrashed.

Why do you care?

• Advertisement

If you had read my first post you would have seen that i said i dont think she's the worst. Its not me who said she was ugly it was him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wicknight wrote:
    Seems to me they deny it because you and the rest of your friends believe she is ugly. You don't know if the guy actually quite likes this girl, but because you have already decided that she is a minger you are making him embarrashed to be with her and of course he then denies it or gets embarrashed.

Why do you care?

Good call. I had something to say like this, but couldn't quite say it....

But yes, agreed, good post.

This has been the case with me many a time...trying to conform to what everyone thinks acceptable in order to avoid a slagging that never dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the reason they sleep with her, is because she will sleep with them.

its a self esteem thing. you go for a girl who you know will put out, and you dont get knocked back.
    if you go for a girl who may not be so easy, then she may say no, and where does that leave you? feeling silly and foolish and unwanted.

people with low self esteem will always go for someone who will respond to them, not matter what.

of course, once youve had your jollies, who cares, you can always deny it, but next time you have a beer, you want to sleep with someone, and oh! look, theres someone who wont knock me back.

i should know, i did it all through university.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I know plenty of guys that might not think that a girl is good looking put would be willing to sleep with them. It's the whole: "She's not good looking but I'd still do her." Like it or not, men get horny, and when they do their standards drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

D wrote:
    I know plenty of guys that might not think that a girl is good looking put would be willing to sleep with them. It's the whole: "She's not good looking but I'd still do her." Like it or not, men get horny, and when they do their standards drop.

Standing cock has no conscience

• Advertisement

orla wrote:
    Its not me who said she was ugly it was him!

He wouldn't have been able to get horny enough to sleep with her if she didn't turn him on in some way. He doesn' sleep with gay men just for the sex does he?

Wicknight wrote:
    He wouldn't have been able to get horny enough to sleep with her if she didn't turn him on in some way. He doesn' sleep with gay men just for the sex does he?

dont no ive never asked.. she has big boobs if that helps

Wicknight wrote:

i didnt realise you knew him personally....

can you tell us anything else about this chaps sexual history, or is this all just made up fiction?

orla wrote:
    dont no ive never asked.. she has big boobs if that helps
    it does

i didnt realise you knew him personally....

can you tell us anything else about this chaps sexual history, or is this all just made up fiction?

It's not [edit]you[/edit] is it WhiteWashMan? :eek:

yes it is, and so isnt really a valid argument.
    in fact, all youve done in this thread so far in this thread is be incorrect about what the OP posted, trying to pin some sort of blame on her, post up some ridiculous generalisation, and follow it up with some sort of facetious fiction, oh and an attempt at sarcasm.

come on, at least make an effort on the humanties forum, or just stop posting.

at least try and come up with one thing constructive instead...

yes it is, and so isnt really a valid argument.
    in fact, all youve done in this thread so far in this thread is be incorrect about what the OP posted, trying to pin some sort of blame on her, post up some ridiculous generalisation, and follow it up with some sort of facetious fiction, oh and an attempt at sarcasm.

come on, at least make an effort on the humanties forum, or just stop posting.

at least try and come up with one thing constructive instead...

thank u
    Wicknight wrote:
    it does
    so if a girl was pig ugly but had big boobs you'd sleep with her?

sorry but i just think thats shallow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

An empty sack is a happy sack.

Original post was missing a word ...

Anyway, I think this post is rather silly. He sleeps with her because he is arosed by her and she is arosed by him so they shag. No great mystery. If he thought it would impress his mates he would brag about it, if he thinks his mates are going to slag him over it he denies it. He sounds about 17 TBH

The OP question could just have easily been "Would you sleep with somone you didn't want to go out with?" "Would you sleep with someone you didn't want to marry?"

If he had sleep with a very good looking woman and then said she talked to much or had bad grammer would you bat an eyelid?

orla wrote:

If I was attracted to a girl enough to sleep with her, and she wanted to sleep with me, I would sleep with her.

As I have said, "ugly" is relative. She must be doing something right to get him arosed.

• Advertisement

I don't think you get it at all.. He has told me plenty of times that he thinks she ugly but never answers when i ask him why he sleeps with her..

I no myself if i slept with an "ugly" person i would feel a little bit less confident about myself and i dont see the point in lowering my self convidence for the sake of a ride

If you slept with someone you liked would you not feel better about yourself?

If you think this thread is silly why did you bother replying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

orla wrote:
    thank u

I'm more of an ass man myself... ;)
    If a girl has a good body, and you've had a few pints - why not? It's not like you're going to marry them. It's one night. Fine you'll regret it in the morning, but when you're in the middle of drunken monkey sex - you won't care.

Shallow? maybe.

"You scratch my back..."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Speaking just for myself, I would have to find the woman attractive in some way or certain bodily plumbing features wouldn't work....

Her availibility may be a factors, but as you've said orla you don't find her unattractive(and she has big boobs ;) ), so my suspicion would be that he does find something attractive in this woman and doesn't want to admit it to his mates, or indeed himself.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Lol all his mates have "had" her aswell tho...

orla wrote:
    I don't think you get it at all.. He has told me plenty of times that he thinks she ugly but never answers when i ask him why he sleeps with her..
    I've slept with a few people, I'd never go out with. People throw the word ugly about. She may be a bobfoc.
    If you slept with someone you liked would you not feel better about yourself?
    of course! Sex with someone you like is better. Sex with someone you love is best. But sex is still good. How old are you? do you mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Another important factor, is the fact that if he doesn't find her attractive at all, but is willing to shag her, then obviously he doesn't have much respect for her. No respect = instant dirty sex. A few pints and the thought of dirty sex is very appealing, wether or not you fancy the other person..

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

orla wrote:

But it's not shallow to decide not to have sex with somebody based purely on the fact that they dont match your idea of "beauty" ?

No respect = instant dirty sex. A few pints and the thought of dirty sex is very appealing, wether or not you fancy the other person..

K.
    Bing! Drity drunken monkey sex is great! :D Nail on the head Kev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

trying to conform to what everyone thinks acceptable in order to avoid a slagging that never dies.

i have done that before, and i was never happy. So now i don't care what they think. Sure they can have their view on my GF ( and yes i have gone out witha few mingers in my time) but looks are not everything for me.

it sounds like your lad friend is embarresed about the fact that all the "Lads" say she's a minger, and just hasn't got the balls to stand up to them. So he's pre-empting it by saying she's a minger but a half decent r0ide .

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote:
    How old are you? do you mind me asking.

I'm 19
    Abdiel wrote:
    But it's not shallow to decide not to have sex with somebody based purely on the fact that they dont match your idea of "beauty" ?

no wat i mean is if u dont fancy a person at all not even one bit but would have sex with him just for the sake of it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement