Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPP Tourney For Boards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

No Nicky.. we do not take us customers so do not accept neteller.. By the by I am a member of neteller and tried to get a cheque sent to me in Feb.. mar / apr went by.. nada.. logged into my account and found "Declined" however they had not bothered to contact me and tell me.. so I had to talk to CS who told me.. "Im sorry most Irish banks dont accept cheques from neteller so it was declined..." They went on to enquire as to whether I would like to spend a small fortune having it wired to my bank account instead.. "do I have a choice?" Said I.. "you could leave your money in your neteller account..." - neteller my lilly white behind... I dont think our customers would appreciate this kind of treatment...

Oh no don't do that. I transfer my money from any site back into neteller and then into Pokerstars. Then cashout out from PS. I always get the check within 10 days, in euros, and from the BOI, so straight into my account, no fees, and no currency conversion charge. I get the exact USD to Euro exchange rate at the time of cashing out. It is always exact to the penny. I love PS :D

So no player to player transfers either? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Shortstack wrote:

Any chance you could put up a satellite to one of the $1500 World series events? A $2600 prize would be enough to cover ex's, I would imagine you would get a big response if it were a $50+$5 buy in Freezeout with 15 min levels.

Very good idea. If it was advertised early enough you would prob get enough interest to get 2/3 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I like Shortstack's idea for the €1500 event, sure there'll be tonnes of interest.

Please don't make any of these turbo events, played one the other night by mistake and it basically takes the poker out of the game.

For cashing out of neteller, you can set up a VC account, transfer the money to that and they cash out directly to BOI accounts (wire) without any charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Would be well into this. Plus I think $50 + $50 is the perfect buy-in point for a lot of people - affordable as at least a 'special occasion' for the vast majority of players. Many who will stretch to €50 + €5 would be unwilling to stretch to €100 + €10 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

karlh wrote:
    I like Shortstack's idea for the €1500 event, sure there'll be tonnes of interest.

Please don't make any of these turbo events, played one the other night by mistake and it basically takes the poker out of the game.

For cashing out of neteller, you can set up a VC account, transfer the money to that and they cash out directly to BOI accounts (wire) without any charges.
    ;0) I am sure VC and PPP would be delighted If I adopted that approach!

• Advertisement

Ok so totting up your responses we have a majority of 20-50 Freezeout with 15 minute blinds..
    So If I was to post a Boards.ie Tournament $35 Freezeout 15 Minute Blinds. When would be the most suitable time / day for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Any night really. Around 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Ok so totting up your responses we have a majority of 20-50 Freezeout with 15 minute blinds..
    So If I was to post a Boards.ie Tournament $35 Freezeout 15 Minute Blinds. When would be the most suitable time / day for you?

8pm as a time. Note sure about a day. Weekend or Wedensdays are good...

Wednesday - might have to replace the boards online tourney. 8 is perfect for me, 9 would be pushing too late should I reach in final few places...ha, that's not gonna happen!

ditto.

any way to actually make it a boards.ie tourney and have a password published on this forum?

would be a pain if it becomes a 150+ entrants tourney and a gamblefest like the current $24 freezeout. suppose the 15mins blinds would help but would be nice to have a boards only affair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Just not Friday or Saturday nights if possible, people have boozing to be doing also! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

8 to 9pm is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

tuesday/thursday/sunday

after 8:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Sunday evening suits me the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

wednesday evening or sunday afternoon are good. 25-50 freezeout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

ionapaul wrote:
    Wednesday - might have to replace the boards online tourney. 8 is perfect for me, 9 would be pushing too late should I reach in final few places...ha, that's not gonna happen!

I personally dont think it should replace the boards online tournie, seeing as it's fairly well established at this stage (although, do you mean that the points from the PPP tournament go towards the league as well as, or instead of, the Pokerstars game?).

An idea might be to run it the same night as one of Mike's games, but an hour later e.g. 9pm on a Wednesday. That way people can multi-table both of them, seeing as they're playing online anyway.

I reckon Fridays and Tuesdays are out, as these seem to be popular Fitz nights for the Boards contingent. Mondays are definately out for me, as the Fitz 100 game is just about the best weekly game around, and good practice for the 270 game.

I agree on those days - Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays I (hopefully) will be in the Fitz more likely than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

yes try and have it on a sunday night maybe?

karlh wrote:
    ditto.

any way to actually make it a boards.ie tourney and have a password published on this forum?

would be a pain if it becomes a 150+ entrants tourney and a gamblefest like the current $24 freezeout. suppose the 15mins blinds would help but would be nice to have a boards only affair.
    Planning to make it skin specific.. ie PPP only. Also planning on posting as "Boards.ie $35 Freezeout" :0) I do not believe it is necessary to lock it out (even if we could ehem).. I could refrain completely from advertising it if you like? It will not be inundated trust me. Particularly if I dont advertise it.
    time is looking like 20:30.. How about I replace our weekly rebuy with it? Wednesday? Or host on a Sunday night at 20:30?

Sunday is good. Could 2 table with the pokerstars boards game.

• Advertisement

yeah multitabling with the stars game would be handy. may also increase attendace to both.

i'd say not advertising for the first one and see how it goes might be best. i know you guys are just looking to make the most from the reg but from boards alone i'd say we could get 4/5 tables once it gets going properly.

thanks 'boss.

karlh wrote:
    yeah multitabling with the stars game would be handy. may also increase attendace to both.

i'd say not advertising for the first one and see how it goes might be best. i know you guys are just looking to make the most from the reg but from boards alone i'd say we could get 4/5 tables once it gets going properly.

thanks 'boss.
    Hey Karl actually no (to the maximising registrations). What I want to do is set up a tourney for you guys. Maybe once we develop it a bit I can set up a league for it too? Invitationals are in progress so as soon as it is available I will make it boards only and password protected too. So are we agreeable....
    Sunday Evening (starting Sunday 15th May) Boards.ie MTT $35 Freezeout 15 Minute Rounds 20:30BST (8:30pm our time) ?? advertising courtesy of boards members :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Why do you all want 15 minute blinds? How about 30 minute blinds with 5000+ starting chips, also like the idea of a sattelite to a WSOP event.

Other ideas that might make me play on PPP.
    1 Netteller, yes they just closed my account for no apparent reason but still the best way for transferring money online

2 Get rid of that bloody 3 day wait

3 Allowing money transfers between players would be good

Other than the fact that I cant stand the Tribeca software I wont play PPP for these reasons, theres just so much choice out there I dont need to play on an inferior site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I think everyone is suggesting 15 mins because that's the max that it goes on PPP/VC, I've never any higher although I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

bohsman wrote:
    Other ideas that might make me play on PPP.
    1 Netteller, yes they just closed my account for no apparent reason but still the best way for transferring money online2 Get rid of that bloody 3 day wait

3 day wait for what? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

If you want to withdraw money they freeze your money for three days before giving it to you

NOt quite. Any profit you make on a given table is "held money" ie you take $200 to a table, leave with $300 then $100 is held money. Now you still have $100 more in your account and can use it in any way you like except to withdraw.

You have to wait 72 hours from any given profit making session to withdraw that profit, everything else you had in the first place is withdrawable as normal right then.

It's annoying but I don't think they have a choice really. I don't know where they're listed (London, Dublin, IoM all three?) but wherever it is you can be sure they need to be seen to be doing something about money laundering and fraud. It's just too easy to clean money through a poker site.

DapperGent wrote:
    NOt quite. Any profit you make on a given table is "held money" ie you take $200 to a table, leave with $300 then $100 is held money. Now you still have $100 more in your account and can use it in any way you like except to withdraw.

You have to wait 72 hours from any given profit making session to withdraw that profit, everything else you had in the first place is withdrawable as normal right then.

It's annoying but I don't think they have a choice really. I don't know where they're listed (London, Dublin, IoM all three?) but wherever it is you can be sure they need to be seen to be doing something about money laundering and fraud. It's just too easy to clean money through a poker site.
    Yes quite let me clarify. Profits arising from poker are held for 72 hours. these funds are however available for you to continue playing poker with for the duration. Only this money goes to held funding. A "chron" job is run based on the funding entering held funds and thusly releases afer 72 hours. There is no delay or held funding on standard withdrawel whatsoever. Poker is a player to player game and therefore laundering and fraud must be guarded against. I know it is a bit of a pain in the backside. But we are less stringent than some.

So you all skuttled away into a different conversations and never told me whether you wanted your tournament or not ;0(
    So I am posting it for this SUNDAY 15th May anyway.. Be there or be a dodecahedron ;0) $35 freezout 15 minute rounds "Boards.ie Champion". It will not be advertised. Good luck !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

What time on Sunday do you think it will be on Pitboss. Have a busy afternoon drinking pints and supporting the Dubs on Sunday.

Advertisement