Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPP Tourney For Boards

Options
  • 05-05-2005 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

The last subject got me thinking.. I would like to post an MTT suitable for the majority of boards in structure time value etc. And so with that in mind I am starting off this thread (My first how exciting) to find out what exactly it is you guys want. Can we begin with a vote from you all on the following:

Reby or Freezeout?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Freezeout

$10-$20

Blinds Interval 12-15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Freezeout
    12-15 minute blind levels
    $10-$40 buyin
    Starting chips 2000 with blinds at 10/25

No rigging of cards to reward the bad players ;)

except for me...if you could arrange for me to always have the nuts that would be a welcome bonus ;)

[size=-12]I'd probably still manage to lose though, must change my acc over to PPP[/size]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Freezeout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Freezeout
    15 min blinds
    $10-$50
    On Tribeca chips have to start at 2000 I think.

Unlike Iago I'll settle for the nuts only when I'm all-in. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Freezeout $20-$50

15 min blinds.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Even though I'm currently sitting opposite Pitboss, *grin*, I'd say €50 freezeout if the chips can be more then 2000, otherwise 20-30 euro. I just think that 2K chips ala the Fitz is just a touch too little for a big money game, eg: in the 100 game they give 4K and very gentle blinds.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

$ 20 freeze out
    10mins blinds (imo 15mins blinds is a yawnfest online much prefer 'turbo')

2500 chips?
    extra bonus for taking out Devore! :p:D jus j/k

top 4 get paid
    1st 50%
    2nd 30%
    3rd 20%
    4th gets entry returned (+maybe with a PPP bonus?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Freezeout $25-$50 buy in. PL Omaha of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It doesn't matter what the starting stack is, just the blinds in relation to it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

$20-$50
    Freezeout
    10Minutes Blind
    20-30 - 2000chips
    40-50 - 3500chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Freezeout (not going to play an online rebuy, funk dat biatches!) €20-€50. Is it possible (on any site) to organise a scalps tournie? A boards-heavy scalps tournament would be a lot of fun. And I'd *finally* have an excuse for my housemates why I am, once again, wearing only a buffalo-skin loincloth, war paint and a smile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

ionapaul wrote:
    Freezeout (not going to play an online rebuy, funk dat biatches!) €20-€50. Is it possible (on any site) to organise a scalps tournie? A boards-heavy scalps tournament would be a lot of fun. And I'd *finally* have an excuse for my housemates why I am, once again, wearing only a buffalo-skin loincloth, war paint and a smile...
    Hmmm... We could do it manually....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

$20 Freezout!
    NL Crazy Pinnapple! or NL Holdem...Holdem is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Freezeout $20-$50

15 min blinds.

Now all I have to do is get around to registering.....

ionapaul wrote:
    I'd *finally* have an excuse for my housemates why I am, once again, wearing only a buffalo-skin loincloth, war paint and a smile...

That never needs an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Freezeout $30-$50 would be great.

Decent blind levels - 15 mins minimum

maybe a double chance? (scalps is good too)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

More Pizza would be a good start...:D

Freezeout $10-$50 would be fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Freezeout. $10 - $25. 9PM or later.

Hmm lookin like definitely a freezeout thus far 12 or 15 minute blind structure.. Starting chips must be 2,000 folks sorry with 20 / 40 blind kick off..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

$20 freezeout
    15 min blinds

no river cards please

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

roryc wrote:
    $20 freezeout
    15 min blinds

no river cards please

I wanna find a game where there is no river card too. No river holdem, that way we can bitch and moan about getting fúcked on the turn :)

edit: oh and freezeout pls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

$20-$50 Freezeout. 15 minute blinds. Bounties on the head of all PP employees! (paid for by PP of course, not the prize pool!).

Any chance you could put up a satellite to one of the $1500 World series events? A $2600 prize would be enough to cover ex's, I would imagine you would get a big response if it were a $50+$5 buy in Freezeout with 15 min levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

biteme wrote:
    I wanna find a game where there is no river card too. No river holdem, that way we can bitch and moan about getting fúcked on the turn :)

How about this game...

Rancid Pineapple.

Each player is delt 4 down cards. Round of betting. Must get rid of a card pre-flop. Burn. Three card flop. Round of betting. Must get rid of a card before the turn. Burn. Turn. Final round of betting. Must play both cards out of your hand for best five card poker hand. May be played High/Low.

There.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Pit Boss does PPP take Neteller yet? Id not is it possible to do a player to palyer transfer? I could transfer someone some PS money first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Freezeout $20-$50. 15 min blinds.

NickyOD wrote:
    Pit Boss does PPP take Neteller yet? Id not is it possible to do a player to palyer transfer? I could transfer someone some PS money first.
    No Nicky.. we do not take us customers so do not accept neteller.. By the by I am a member of neteller and tried to get a cheque sent to me in Feb.. mar / apr went by.. nada.. logged into my account and found "Declined" however they had not bothered to contact me and tell me.. so I had to talk to CS who told me.. "Im sorry most Irish banks dont accept cheques from neteller so it was declined..." They went on to enquire as to whether I would like to spend a small fortune having it wired to my bank account instead.. "do I have a choice?" Said I.. "you could leave your money in your neteller account..." - neteller my lilly white behind... I dont think our customers would appreciate this kind of treatment...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

As above $20-$50 freezout with 15 min levels. Some heathen mentioned turbo above. Go play roulette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

musician wrote:
    As above $20-$50 freezout with 15 min levels. Some heathen mentioned turbo above. Go play roulette.

Couldn't agree more!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

keep it cheap about 20 bucks, as Corben Dallas and Roryc have said

or

$3 dollar rebuy, max 5 rebuys! that could be fun

I have a paddy power account that fortunately is quite healthy at the moment so I'm happy to go along with the majority, however in order to keep it fun it shouldn't cost more than 20-25 bucks including reg.

cheers, d.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

TURBO!!!!
    :P
    :D
    that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

There's already a $24, 2K Gauranteed on Tribeca with a 12 min clock. Nice tourney is you can avoid the fish getting lucky. With that in mind I'd like to see a $50 entry freezout just to make it different, max clock of course and as many chips as you can find.

Advertisement