Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Attendants in pubs/clubs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tempted

Sleepy wrote:
    Personally I've found the attendants to be extremely useful at times when I've come out straight from work and could do with a splash of aftershave, some body spray or hair gel.

The old Ballymun shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Very annoying indeed...
    Unless I use the deo/aftershave, which I wouldn't unless I was gee-eyed, I don't give them any money. I don't see why I should have to pay to wash my hands. If someone stands there and turns the tap on for me, without me asking, fair play to ye but your get nowt off me horsebox...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

the_syco wrote:
    If the club didn't pay them, they'd get sued

Who would they get sued by?

They don't get paid. I was talking to one of the guys one night. I actually got talking to him because while he was talking to his friend he was switching between French and English and so I decided to give me Leaving Cert French a bit of a dusting down. (I was very drunk!)

Anyway, he said that they don't get paid. He's just given the spot to make some dosh on the Aftershaves and whatever else they have and of course from people who are grateful for the help in the oh so difficult task of aquiring some hand towels to dry their hands. And in return the management expect him to keep the toilets clean and to keep toilets rolls topped up etc.

I personally think they're a right pain.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I never tip the guys because I always believed they were working for the club! I guess most of them are living off peoples generosity. Clubs in general are expensive. Entrance fees are always high, and drink prices are crazy.

A night out costing a days wages is hardly worth it. Think about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I hate it when there's an attendent. never seen it in any other country either, so i think it's something new here to cash in on the tiger economy when ppl leave their brains and money-sense at home when they go out and are quite prepared - nay happy - to be wallet-raped paying rediculous money into clubs (don't see shops charging you to just go in and buy stuff there, do you?) rediculous prices for drink and now you have to pay to dry your hands too?? wtf!?!? I usually take the towel from them if they offer it, dry my hands, say please and thank you and walk out. I am pretty sure I am guilt free as well. I don't use their products either.
    but thats just me, and now it's home time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

One good experience of them is people have stopped coming up to me in the jacks and asking for drugs. I have NO idea why, but there is either something of my appearance, behaviour or aroma that makes people think I am a dealer because literally, every time I was clubbing it happened.

Not since those dudes appeared though, punters don't like to ask in front of witnesses.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement