Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

350 double chance (or was it the 25 rebuy sunday!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Shortstack wrote:
    Not for long :mad:

I found another muppet who got lucky. :eek:

'If it wasn't for luck I would win every tournament' ;)
    Was it the woman to my left who did it? She didn't seem like a seasoned pro, by any means...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

I know her and her husband well. She did the damage to me later on when moved to my table.

I had not played a hand in ages. To get back into the mix I limped with Q8s in mid position. She raises a bit and having heard Mikes beat I called. Flop A88. Checked by me with my trips (??HJ) and she goes all-in with A7 and I call in a flash (there was no way she had AA) and she gets 2/3 my stack with the only remaining A in the deck on the river.

Gutted.

PS Well done Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

This woman sounds like a one person demolition squad, and must have had a monster stack ... did she finish in the money?

Culchie wrote:
    This woman sounds like a one person demolition squad, and must have had a monster stack ... did she finish in the money?

No. She does play the e50 cash game on a Sat night regularly. And she wins BIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Who is this mystery woman? Alan's wife?

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote:
    Who is this mystery woman? Alan's wife?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Some of the play (well, that I saw during my mere 3 hour stint on Saturday) seemed ropey at best! One of the freeroll winners was seated at my table and was very aggressive - am sure he had to have been caught before getting to the money. The 'gentleman' who knocked me out and the lady who knocked Mike out both seemed to get committed to their cards very early - if they tried to limp, and were raised, they both seemed to always call the raise, no matter what they held. For example he tried to limp with K7 suited at 100/200 level, it was raised to 1200 and of course, he called (and missed thankfully). Argh...still a little annoyed about having such a disappointing night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I had a hand very similar to that recently. Worst player at the table goes all in out of position with QQ on the flop after I raised preflop. I was pretty sure he had a Q but called anyway finding it hard to believe that anyone could play that bad. He had QJo.

I've had a look at the maths, and I think the call is correct anyway, at least for my hand given the pot odds. It's costing me 8K to win a 27K pot, so I only need to win 30% of the time to break even.

Against a pair of 2's, 3's or 66-JJ, I'm approx 90% favourite.
    Against a flush draw I'm approx 65% favourite.
    Against 44 or Q9, QT, QJ or QK, I'm approx 9% favourite.

These are the only hands I can realistically put him on. Poor and all as he is, I'm sure he'd raise UTG with AA, AK, AQ, etc. And I dont think he'd call the 5K preflop raise with any Q kicker lower than a 9.

So putting each range of hands equally likely, my chance of winning is 33%*90% + 33%*65% + 33%*9% = 54%... Obvious call. Even if the chance of a him holding a Q is much higher, there's still plenty of margin here to make the call correct.

(At least I think this is how to do the maths here... any objections?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

kpnuts wrote:
    Still fuelled by rage from my suicidal mistake in the fitz main event, i took out my revenge on the nice people of ladbrokes tonight and won a $20k-added $50-entry multi ... $17,975 for me :)

Wow, nice win, well done. You've stolen my thunder of having the biggest single boards result of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Alright Ken, nice win! Not bothered with the 15k guaranteed tonight on betfair then? Bigger fish to fry.
    Yeah there's alot of talk of going over to Vegas, myself and Niall are pretty much definitely going, my plan is to fly over around the 25th so I'll be fresh for the $2000 freezeout on the 28th. Not going to pay into main one unless I get lucky in smaller one or satellite. Will let you know of any developments, you should defo try and come over, it looks like there'll be a load over there; oscar, mark from the fitz, kevin maloney, alan gibbons, mark mcmann and I'm sure alot more. Will keep you updated of any developments, at the moment I'm trying to find out the best deals for flights/ hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Thanks Dave,
    Please do keep me posted as regards your plans. I would go over with exactly the same strategy as yourself, i.e. play one or two tourneys for up to maybe $2k entry as well as a satellite or two for the biggun. But, like yourself, I probably wouldn't pay into main event unless my roll takes another few leaps forward between now and then! I take it you're not in Anfield tonight after all, unless you've got a wifi laptop on the Kop, so I probably won't see you in Blackpool! I'm heading over there tomorrow for a few days. Please pop me an email if you pick up any particularly good deals on L.V. flights/accommo etc ... kpnuts134@hotmail.com ... no spammers please! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

No didn't make it over, too much crap on with college! I'm freaked, would have been over there with a load of liverpool fans! Oh well. I was talking to Oscar today and he's up for coming over a bit early and Niall too. We might as well book it all together, we'll probably get cheaper deals. Eamon was saying something about 12 nights accommodation and flights for $1100 which sounds like a great deal, I'll see him in the fitz during the week and find out who it's with. Have a good one in Blackpool, I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

perfect! I'm there. Thanks Dave :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Yeah Eamon was saying something about an all-inclusive package you get get if you fly with Delta.
    1100 for flights and hotels - 1600 if you want to stay in the Rio.
    Book your flights asap - they are pricey - my flight cost about 950 with American Airlines. I'm staying in the Gold Coast which is right beside the Rio. Not gonna get there till July 6th as I'm starting on Saturday the 9th (which is day 1c).

Advertisement