Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trailer Park Boys

Options
  • 29-04-2005 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Anyone here watch it. I think it's one of the funny programs i've seen in a long time.
    The best episode i've seen so far imo is the one where they plan to rob a shop and while they are robbing it, their friend who was drunk asleep in the car walks into the shop and they start to shoot each other with machine guns. Your thoughts

For anyone who hasnt seen it and likes low brow humour its on weekdays on
    Paramount Comedy 2 at 10:00pm and repeated on Paramount Comedy at midnite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Some good news for all fans of Ricky, Julian, Bubbles and the rest of the denizens of Sunnyvale Trailer Park - looks like there is a feature film in the works.

Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters) is producing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I wasn't a big fan.Not funny imo using a mentally handicapped guy to get laughs is just low

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I aquired the first two seasons and watched about two episodes before I got bored...didnt thinkit was v.funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

you need to watch about 4 episodes before it grows on you, the finale of the first season (robbing the grocery store is brilliant.)

Bubbles is my idol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I admit some episodes are not that great but overall it's a good show. It kinda reminds me of that "path to freedom" show which was brilliant imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Walter_Sobcek

I wasn't a big fan.Not funny imo using a mentally handicapped guy to get laughs is just low

Theyre not using a mentally handicapped guy - its Bubbles, hes completely normal, he just has thick glasses.

Im living in Canada at the moment and theyre showing the fifth series. Its absolutely fantastic.

BTW great TPB link www.trailerparkboys.org

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

One of the best tv shows I've seen in years.
    I'm going off to watch them again now...

In the words of Ricky... "Lets go... smokes!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Walter_Sobcek

And remember - A sh!t leopard doesn't change its spots Randy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sorry i had to dig this thread back up.

this is a hilarious show, very much like the office except different subject matter.
    i think it has to be watch in chronological order to get the best out of it.

stalfos that episode is one of my favourites.

the one that was on last night was brilliant too, where they set up the illegal gas station and ricky defends himself in court and the judge allows him to swear and smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimini cricket

it is a brilliant program.where would i get the dvd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 drstaunch

i must agree, a quality show. it might take a few episodes to get into but once you do it is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Theyre not using a mentally handicapped guy - its Bubbles, hes completely normal, he just has thick glasses.

Im living in Canada at the moment and theyre showing the fifth series. Its absolutely fantastic.

BTW great TPB link www.trailerparkboys.org

Look who's prejudiced now, MTB!

:-p

Great show - I enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Been watching this on Paramount every night and have to say I find it very funny.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Actually, anyone who's seen the 'Conky' episode would probably agree that Bubbles is not the full shilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Actually, anyone who's seen the 'Conky' episode would probably agree that Bubbles is not the full shilling.

But even if he's not, they're showing him with all his flaws having a failry good life - he has friends, he gets involved in things, he's his own person and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Trailer Park boys is fantastic. is there DVD's of this show to purchase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

That conky episode is brilliant.. rrrrricky? *Turns to julian* What was that... Patrick Swaaaayze? :v: :v:

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Trailer Park boys is fantastic. is there DVD's of this show to purchase?
    http://www.viewerplus.com/ViewT.asp?Stat=Showcase&Cat=Trailer_Park_Boys

is the only place i can find them

bah. Region 1 disagrees with me. hopefully it gets popular enough that they will release it over here

doubt it though :(

well there's a film coming out - according to their website www.trailerparkboys.com - in 2006 maybe if that gets released there might be a push for dvd sales

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    That conky episode is brilliant.. rrrrricky? *Turns to julian* What was that... Patrick Swaaaayze? :v: :v:

Or "oh f*ck purple squirrals!!" Wow its been a while since I've quoted a tv show like that.

I'm tellin I've been addicted to that show for months now. It's feckin brilliant!
    :D:D:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290988/ If ya look at this you can see there has been previous shows based on the same characters

The only thing about the film that is a bit stetchy is the fact that it's tellin the story of how how they met or rather its the characters meeting and may not be the prequel to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Am I the only person who thinks this show is terrible? Even after smoking a few joints this show doesn't even get a smile out of me... However I still seem to watch the entire show. I can't explain that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Buy some better weed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Buy some better weed?

Good idea, next time...

P.S. Easy to say for somebody living in the Netherlands

Dr J wrote:
    Am I the only person who thinks this show is terrible? Even after smoking a few joints this show doesn't even get a smile out of me... However I still seem to watch the entire show. I can't explain that.
    try watching without a few joints. works just fine for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Trailer Park Boy is funny as hell!

and it got better as it went along, cannot wait for the new series and the movie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

I bought all five seasons on DVD from ebay, it's so funny it's unreal.
    I love this show so much, there's hundreds of brilliant quotes and some of the funniest gunfights I've ever seen. Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Trailer Park Boys is brilliant... my kinda show... Just love those Canuck accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

When that guy off camera shouts "WHAT IN THE FU**!!" it's so hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Bixmoo wrote:
    When that guy off camera shouts "WHAT IN THE FU**!!" it's so hilarious

lol yeah :D

The film "Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty" is in post-production! And is a prequel to the tv series :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425601/

Advertisement