Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norway woman convicted for rape

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,181 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I just can't get over how short sentences are for these type of crimes. Surely for sexual assault someone should be serving a minimum of about 7 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sleepy wrote:
    I just can't get over how short sentences are for these type of crimes.
    Good. It's not something one should get over.

The kicker is that because they are considered so serious in some ways when they are combined with other crimes, say attempted murder, normally the other charges aren't brought, so it's only these crimes they are sentenced for, with the sort of sentences I mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rsynnott wrote:
    Depends. I'd be rather horrified if it happened to me (tho I'm gay so it's a little different).

Maybe he was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Personally I don't think it matters whether or not he was gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

But the real question is off course: did she spit or did she swallow?
    ;-)

E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Mebbe she bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

dublindude wrote:
    Interesting. If I fancied the girl before hand and awake to this I would be very happy. If it was a random stranger who was ugly I'd tell her what the ****. If it was a random stranger who was pretty I'd probably let her continue.

In all cases I would not report her to the police.

However, I understand I am not everyone.

Well, you sure are me and more then likely most men here.

At worst I'd just say "Wtf, get off me!" and then have a laugh about the total bizarreness of it later with friends.

I cant see how any man could be distressed about this unless the woman was his sister or something! I mean, I can understand it could be shocking and a big WTF moment, but come on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

kasintahan wrote:
    My sister isn't male.

Doesn't matter.

If she woke up to find a stranger - male or female - performing non consentual oral sex on her, what would your reaction be?

I think it would *not* be "poor girl :rolleyes: "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

kasintahan wrote:
    I don't condone it but it's not rape IMO.
    You are an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

This thread is finished. And Zulu, if you've nothing better to do than insult people, don't bother posting in Humanities again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement