Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked Camera, this weeks installment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Having watched all of the episodes (I think) I have to say i thought it was great. I was sceptical at first but it grew on me. my favourite character was probably the desperate girl asking for the guy's numbers. i thought she was very authentic and was nearly feeling sorry for her, until i remembered it was a tv show.
    even that Jake Stephens character improved after not being particularly funny at first.
    i think its success is due in a large part to the fact that the cast are a likeable trio. Not afraid to stick their necks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I think last nights episode was the best out of the series and i think i know the guy with the bike as well. Think he is the first person to agreed to a date as of yet.

Also the bit where he used the Millennium Spire as a bike rack was brilliant and then tried to sell knitting neddles as souvenirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Where the hell do they hide the cameras?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Also the bit where he used the Millennium Spire as a bike rack was brilliant and then tried to sell knitting neddles as souvenirs.

I had that Idea. I was joking at the time. No one thought it was funny then. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

last night's episode was pretty damn funny i must say, what the hell was your man who took the desparate girl up on a date thinking, why would he let them show that on the program??? i doubt he's the first one to say he'd go out with her but i'd say everyone else had the sense to not let rte show the clips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

tv3 are making a good come back with wondersceen on saturday nights, repeats on monday. They've shown some excellent animation and short films..some are really funny.
    www.lovelyproductions.com/wonderposter.html

Have to agree here, if u havnt seen Wonderscreen yet check it out.Some very good original and off the wall animation.

Saw Naked Camera for the first time last night(only second episode?).Thought it wa sokay, not brilliant.Seems like they are just ploughing middle ground.Nothing new really.Still passes the time between Scrubs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Have to agree here, if u havnt seen Wonderscreen yet check it out.Some very good original and off the wall animation.

Worst pimping ever.

Jesus lads. Did you know Short Screen is saturday night on RTE TWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

in fairness the scene with the "office" setup with mannequins was priceless.

That was the most original and funny bit they've done. Great show - long may it continue.

lol...guess my pimping skills need work so.

Office scene was funny alrite.That courier dude was gas.FOund the petshop scene funny too but mainly cos i used to work with the dude running the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A guy I know is doing Jake Stevens impressions 24/7 as far as I can tell.

"Jake Stevens, keep the change. [Whistles]"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I think the show is class. Are the many eps left??

One of my teachers ALWAYS takes off jake stevens.

hes like:

finish off the (whistles) and dont forget to (whistles).

As he is hitting me with his newspaper. it was funny the first time but now its stupid and he should leave it to the guy on the telly.

The women is gas. cant believe the guy with the bike agreed to go out with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

whiskeyman wrote:
    keeping on the same line, has anyone seens "Just for Laughs" on BBC1 on Saturdays?
    I really like that one. The canned laughter is irritating, and they still have the odd stupid bit, but there's some great bits. Haven't seen it in yonks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Genghis

Dewey wrote:
    I think the show is class. Are the many eps left??

Last one, I'm afraid. I guess you can look forward to a re-run maybe in the late Summer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i found it funny only because i knew the guy on the dart getting hassled and Ive met the guy in dixons or watever it is who was talking to the guy with the remote.

aside from this, lets face it... its crap.
    not very funny at all and its the poorest trigger happy tv replica going.
    cant wait till this gets cancelled. maybe they will replace it with something good.

is that how low can you go program over? hope so, those 3 tossers are very irritating.... "mad yolks" they are not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jazzy wrote:
    i found it funny only because i knew the guy on the dart getting hassled and Ive met the guy in dixons or watever it is who was talking to the guy with the remote.

aside from this, lets face it... its crap.
    not very funny at all and its the poorest trigger happy tv replica going.
    cant wait till this gets cancelled. maybe they will replace it with something good.

is that how low can you go program over? hope so, those 3 tossers are very irritating.... "mad yolks" they are not
    OK, you don't like it. Don't be writing things like "lets face it... its crap". I'm still convinced it comes down to social class. There are very few people around my area and any city centre or working class area that wouldn't find this show hilarious. I don't watch the shows others might find funny like Scrubs but it doesn't mean its crap. And again, there wouldn't be many people around here that would watch the likes of Scrubs. Obviously not everyone is going to fit in those brackets though.

And your "mad yolk" comment says plenty about you but I won't go into that. chip and shoulder is all i'll say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

eirebhoy wrote:
    OK, you don't like it. Don't be writing things like "lets face it... its crap". I'm still convinced it comes down to social class. There are very few people around my area and any city centre or working class area that wouldn't find this show hilarious. I don't watch the shows others might find funny like Scrubs but it doesn't mean its crap. And again, there wouldn't be many people around here that would watch the likes of Scrubs. Obviously not everyone is going to fit in those brackets though.

And your "mad yolk" comment says plenty about you but I won't go into that. chip and shoulder is all i'll say.

eehhhh, not sure wat ure getting at but okay....
    and btw... why would there be a chip on my shoulder?

social class doesnt dictate taste in comedy either, its more a personal choice, for instance, im not a big fan of little britain, but i can see why people would like it.

and by saying mad yolks, how does that say plenty about me?? isnt that term commonly used all over the country?
    it appears you are deriding me for saying that but i dont see how... unless u were one of those tossers on 'how low can you go?' :D

Jazzy wrote:
    unless u were one of those tossers on 'how low can you go?' :D

/me chuckles

Wud say that background has a definite influence on taste be they comic or not so the man has a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jazzy wrote:
    social class doesnt dictate taste in comedy either
    Oh, believe me. I live in a rough part of Dublin and I would give you €100 if you can come down here and find me someone who doesn't like Naked Camera. The contrast with people on the internet (majority of which would be from higher class backgrounds) is unreal.

Advertisement