Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked Camera, this weeks installment

Options
  • 25-04-2005 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭

Worst one yet....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Think this show is actually very good.

Seems to be the consensus among people I talk to as well.

Good to see our licence money going to some quality home made programming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Its terrible. The odd bits are funny, but compared to similair shows its the worst I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

very similar to the stuff mike murphy
    did 10 yrs ago (I think it was called candid camera
    back then).still funny now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Far better than last weeks which was terrible.
    Still crappy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Not that great, I was expecting much better! Wont be watching it next week, thats for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I thought it was quality again. The scanger looking for a job next to a bank was genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah I thought it had some good moments!

Jake Stevens ! (whistles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

"but I can't fit in my fridge!" LMAO!
    'twas good, I hate the chick who does it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

WHAT, the girl is great. She wasn't in it last night but was very funny trying to get lads to take her to the cinema and the hotel managment check up thing, "ARG, I'm a big rugby man, I'm really angry" LMAO. How she manages to keep a straight face is a mystery :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bacchus wrote:
    How she manages to keep a straight face is a mystery
    How the rest of the country does isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

Its a class show, funniest home-grown show rte have put out in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

How the rest of the country does isn't.

haha!! Fantastic comeback..... coz its sooo true!!

I gotta admit though, I found bits with the Dub guy a bit funny..... but the rest was hopeless.
    Its a good idea, but its exectuted so poorly... the girl has to be the worst.
    There has to be better actors for this... heck, I'm sure we even work with people funnier than this!
    I know comparisons were made to Murphys candid camera... that really was legend. So well executed and he always got a great responce by varying his style.
    The whistle guy in naked camera is just annoying now... to the victim and to the viewer. Its painful watching anymore of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

keeping on the same line, has anyone seens "Just for Laughs" on BBC1 on Saturdays?
    I think it was orignally an Australian show... bascially like lots of little "Beadles About" sketches.
    All are really well done.
    There was one great one where an actor approaches a random person on a street and asks a few questions.... at the same time, their accomplaice in a van nearly takes a photo or the victim using a digital camera... edits it... and prints it off in a "wanted" style poster.
    This is all done within a minute or two... and the photo is then passed to another actor dressed as a policeman who then apprehends the stranger further down the road, showing him/her the poster.
    The look of bewilderment on the strangers face is just amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

whiskeyman wrote:
    keeping on the same line, has anyone seens "Just for Laughs" on BBC1 on Saturdays?

Now that's a terrible show, they use canned laughter for christ sake !

Naked Camera is good, I think certain people with some kind of chip on their shoulder for Irish T.V. feel they have to dislike it or put it down because it's Irish made, and more specifically, made by RTE. If it was made by C4 or the likes they would be more impartial in their views.

There's been so many comparisons with Trigger Happy T.V. too, this program is not even original, the whole hidden camera prank thing has been around since the 70's, sure Candid Camera originated (I think, don't hold me to this) in America back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

whiskeyman wrote:

You slate Naked Camera and then praise that God awful show! I dunno!!
    Jip wrote:
    Naked Camera is good, I think certain people with some kind of chip on their shoulder for Irish T.V. feel they have to dislike it or put it down because it's Irish made, and more specifically, made by RTE. If it was made by C4 or the likes they would be more impartial in their views.

I totally agree.

Jip wrote:
    the whole hidden camera prank thing has been around since the 70's, sure Candid Camera originated (I think, don't hold me to this) in America back then.

It was orginally done in America but it was during the 50's believe it or not!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

"...and then my girlfriend did one of these moves, with the...[whistles]...and then the bed fell apart...[whisltes] and I was like: Keep the change!"

What a saying!

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I think it's pants. Maybe about 5% of it would pass as comedy. And I don't have a chip on my shoulder about RTE either. I just don't think they are capable of more than 1 decent show every couple of years. Bachelors Walk, Paths to Freedom and the first Proof were all good shows. Other than this, their track record has been brutal lately! Naked Camera is totally unoriginal in a very unfunny way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Have to give it a big thumbs up. Some bits are laugh out loud funny (the whistling guy), some are very cringe worthy. But so far there hasn't been anything else on tv at teh same time as this that I'd prefer to watch. So should I be at a loose end the next time its on I'll probably watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

LFCFan wrote:
    I think it's pants. Maybe about 5% of it would pass as comedy. And I don't have a chip on my shoulder about RTE either. I just don't think they are capable of more than 1 decent show every couple of years. Bachelors Walk, Paths to Freedom and the first Proof were all good shows. Other than this, their track record has been brutal lately! Naked Camera is totally unoriginal in a very unfunny way.

i have to agree. we can't do comedy.
    this show is pretty awful, production included, sound isn't great, camera work is fairly poor quality, compared to similar shows.
    i find the sketches tend to insult people more than anything, an example being in one of the earlier shows in a language school.
    where as with the sketches in trigger happy he's self reflective -takes the piss out of himself, an example being that fisherman one.

i think that mike murphy hidden camera show years ago was probably better.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

I didn't really like it, but that said, it is far better than a lot of the same style of programs that are on at the moment.

I think its main weakness is the fact that it only has three or four characters.
    And the Eoin MacLove guy just goes after people who aren't from Ireland because he'd be recognised by a lot of the Irish, which imo isn't a great way to start this type of series.

Saw the girl do stand up twice, same venue, same routine. That said the second time was far better than the first.

The whistler just makes me uncomfortable, dunno what it is about him but uncomfortable seems to fit it.

Maybe they just need more variety in the show, it just seems to be the same things popping up too regularly.

The odd thing is it isn't on next week as they're showing the best of the panel.

so how long a run did it get before RTÉ decided to cut their losses.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say they are cutting their losses at all. In fact I'd say the show is going quite well for them. Anybody have the viewing figures?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Sorry didn't really mean it to sound that way, but how many episodes did it actually get?

before getting shoved around, that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 marshmellowface

yeah gotta agree, mike murphy did a better job - they just don't go nuts enough considering it's fairly big budget.. tv3 are making a good come back with wondersceen on saturday nights, repeats on monday. They've shown some excellent animation and short films..some are really funny. I've seen 'ward 13' and 'over time' in Resfest last year and they're amazing.. both of which are in tomorrow night's show:

www.lovelyproductions.com/wonderposter.html

The odd thing is it isn't on next week as they're showing the best of the panel.

Mean't to post this last week but I forgot. The reason why the show wasn't shown on Monday was because it was a Bank Holiday.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

234,000 viewers. Yeah I don't think that RTE are going to cut this one very soon.

Elmo wrote:
    234,000 viewers. Yeah I don't think that RTE are going to cut this one very soon.

I might be wrong but I thought I saw figures of about 135,000 in a poll last week, which is still good, number 12 in the ratings iirc.

B.

I might be wrong but I thought I saw figures of about 135,000 in a poll last week, which is still good, number 12 in the ratings iirc.

I was just looking at this week edition of TVNow they have it down as the second most watch show after DH. I think it was around 234,000 viewers but I amn't that far off.

Over the last number of weeks it has averaged 120,000 - 135,000 viewers.

Whats iirc?

Elmo wrote:
    Whats iirc?

It's an abbreviation of "If I Recall Correctly"

Saves you having to type it but now you've made me type it anyway!! ;)

B.

It's an abbreviation of "If I Recall Correctly"

IMO these abbres. are getting OTT. FYI. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Tonights show was excellent as usual. That junkie on O'Connoll street, i see him all the time. The pizza fella is always delivering around my area. Fair play to the lad who actually took up the offer of a date. Probably his first by the looks of him. :)

Will there be another series? Its probably the only show that everyone I talk to is watching. We had a bloody Jake Stevens impersonator in the pub last night.

All these people judging the actors, comparing it to other shows, etc. Get out more ffs. :)

Advertisement