Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Movies You've Ever Seen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.

Incoherent nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

acri wrote:
    Jay and Silent Bob
    Are you kidding!? I was laughing my head off when I watched this. It's sooooo pisstaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

They worst film i EVER saw, was one i saw only a few weeks ago in the cinema. "Be Cool" is the biggest heap of sh*t i have ever seen in my life. There was no real plot or anything. Bloody awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

InterMission was great. You have to watch it in the right mind-set.

Classic.

Being a Dub is a must firstly!

Thats what i think anyway, i live in the sticks and the majority just dont get it....ya no warra mean man

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Are you kidding!? I was laughing my head off when I watched this. It's sooooo pisstaking.
    I gotta agree about 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' being crap...

And ask anyone that knows me... i'm a massive Kevin Smith fan but this was the worst of his films! I'd probably even rank it lower than 'Jersey Girl'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

The Ladykillers.. Tom Hanks.
    OH MY GOD rubbish. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I thought Braveheart was awful and it went on forever.

In response to some other other people:

Cable Guy - I thought this was interestingly off-beat and a bit dark and thus quite enjoyable.

Far and away - classic Diddley-Oirish film and funny as a result. I still remember some of the quotes "You're a spineless fraction of a man", "plunge and scrub, plunge and scrub", "you're a very strange man - all sorts of strange ideas floating around in your head". "beauitiful eyes are a terrible curse, three days in the grave they run away with your purse"... ... classic! (I watched this over and over again as a child because the start was made near where my greanmother lives and I knew many of the extras)!

Cork_girl wrote:
    The Ladykillers.. Tom Hanks.
    OH MY GOD rubbish. :mad:

oh my god it just would'nt end so i was sad :( , but then it did so i was happy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 walsheooin

The Worse film i think i ever saw has to be Junior starring Arnold Schwarznegger :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

no no no no no, Death to Smoochie

i lost all respect for Ed Norton after it!

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    I thought Braveheart was awful and it went on forever.

One of the best films ever made, the english are crushed and made to look like ar$eholes and theres mad funny Irish fella in it....what more could u want :D

"its my island"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

All the movies mentioned are not worthy of worst movie ever.

A serious DVD buyer like me would REALLY know some of the worst movies ever, that NO one could argue against, like

Deep Freeze
    Spiders 2
    Total Reality

etc....

I think this thread is actually more like - "Worst Hollywood Movie Ever"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

"Volcano"

Watched it last night, total b0ll0x. Those films always are tho.
    walsheooin wrote:
    The Worse film i think i ever saw has to be Junior starring Arnold Schwarznegger
    This was the lamest attempt ever to re-ignite the De vito and Schwarzenegger chemistry from "Twins" which is a great movie i.m.o.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mobile infantry, those films would probably fall into the so bad its good catagory. I'd like to say leprachaun 4 in space was a crap film but it was the funniest thing I'd ever seem.

As for junior. Well I was watching it at a birthday party years ago and after 30 minutes i had 2 choices. Continue watching and lose my sanity or read my friends Judge Dredd comic that was lying beside me. Hard choice.

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Top Gun - has to be the worst film i ever seen. Actually, technically, i didnt see it. Watched the start of it, just 2 sihouettes of planes darting around in the sunset, for ages. I fast forwarded it loads of times and nothing, same ****e. Worst ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

A film called Duel - a truck chasing a car for the whole movie, one of Spielbergs first movies... just awful...
    also, The Hole, Medallion, Valentine (it didn't even matter that David Boreanaz was in it!), Freddy got Fingered... emm, I know there's loads more..
    but for all the movies like: Man Of The House, Analyse This, Meet The Fockers and 40 days and 40 nights, they are supposed to be the type of movie you switch your brain off before going into the cinema, like ya, stoopid moves, but you do get a giggle in parts, even if ALL the funny bits were shown in the trailers!

Duel was excellent! and i still think Jay And Silent Bob was utter cack. it reminded me if the woeful Rocky And Bullwinkle for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

All the movies mentioned are not worthy of worst movie ever.

A serious DVD buyer like me would REALLY know some of the worst movies ever, that NO one could argue against, like

Deep Freeze
    Spiders 2
    Total Reality

etc....

I think this thread is actually more like - "Worst Hollywood Movie Ever"

most of the worst movies are hollywood movies anyway. with that said though i dont watch bollywood or french movies. i cant think of an asian film i didnt like. oh wait, dead or alive. oh god what b*llocks. and i couldnt like The Grudge because it was...well, sh!t really. and yeah i know its a hollywood movie

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

these are also crappy movies

Sanctuary
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre Next Generation
    All about the Benjamins
    Shark Attack
    Kickboxer 4
    Creature
    The Triple Cross (Kinji Fukusaku)
    Dollar for the Dead
    Mulva Zombie Ass Kicker/Filthy McNasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

did i mention the life aquatic! thats reason enough to close this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

acri wrote:
    Duel was excellent! and i still think Jay And Silent Bob was utter cack. it reminded me if the woeful Rocky And Bullwinkle for some reason

Are you sure we're talking about the same movie? a guy getting chased by a truck for the WHOLE THING?? I can't remember even one word being spoken... Like where was it good?

although Rocky and Bullwinkle was rubbish, I will agree with you there..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Ladykillers, that was terrible film.

Another one was that one with Sean Penn which I never watched to the end, 21 Grams. It was too boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

21 grams was ok, bit weird and all over the place, but i would watch it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

The Manchurian Candidate. Pure ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

acri wrote:
    most of the worst movies are hollywood movies anyway. with that said though i dont watch bollywood or french movies. i cant think of an asian film i didnt like. oh wait, dead or alive. oh god what b*llocks. and i couldnt like The Grudge because it was...well, sh!t really. and yeah i know its a hollywood movie

Whoa, what's wrong with French movies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

The Manchurian Candidate. Pure ****e.

Are you talking about the original or the remake?

The original is one of my favourites, I don't know about the recent version though, haven't seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

0utshined wrote:
    Are you talking about the original or the remake?

The original is one of my favourites, I don't know about the recent version though, haven't seen it.

The remake. I never saw the original, but I don't think I'd want to now. I thought the plot was so far-fetched and farcical it was impossible to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

The Mosquito Coast... ( a fine book ruined )
    total and utter tripe, was forced to sit and watch through it... had there been no book it wouldnt have been made... a waste of 2hrs...

Most B movies are generally crap, given the fact you know this the film mightened seem so bad and can be forgiven... but when you see huge projects undertaken with allstar casts, you have got to have some sense of quality....

Waterworld (some good stunts amidst a sea of bull****)

The avengers (I left early...)

Pearl Harbour (Lets make a romantic love triangle against the backdrop of of one of the greatest first strikes in the history of war.... 90% love triangle ****e, 9% history\action which at all times refrences the the love triangle, 1% signposted token african american struggle... 100% bull****)

Sky Captain and the world of nonsensical bull****

Alien Resurection (I laughed all the way through the film, I came home and cried a little inside)

Collateral Damage (2 hours of Bangbus sucked more than this)

Hackers 2 (only watched after watching the 2600 film Freedom Downtime)

Jeepers Creepers

Queen of the Damned ****e that Anne rice tries to pass off as horror writing

Resident Evil 2 (they could have just copied the game as its only 2hrs long for one character)

Rollerball 2002 (not even worth imdb'ing this turd, forget this and watch the original... still awe-inspiring)

The Core, the Day after Tomorrow, insert badly written blockbuster disastor movie here

Alexander (tried so hard to fill the legend, ended up leaving me with a hollow view on such a fantastic historical general)

Catwoman (I didnt understand what was going on in this film, I thought I was stoned after watching it)

Titanic (the CGI ship sinks... I've saved you 3hrs of spinetingling bull****)

Battlefield Earth (after taking 3 gruelling months to read the "so called" pinnacle of sci-fi writing that was the book... I burned it.. so that it would never scar another living soul... I watched the film so I could abuse it.. turns out it was just the same as the book... Scientology now scares me)

Jaws 2 and all the rest of those *chasing the dragon* crap...

Police Academy 2 and all the rest of those *chasing the dragon* crap...

Robocop 3 ... I'm seeing a familiar trend with sequels here

Street Fighter... ( :( )

I'll probably keep adding more which is a shame... a shame that I remember what I've wasted my time on

all are based on my own opinion... although I know many would agree with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eyefordamnation

The Rocketeer!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Alien Vs Predator.
    The Ring 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I agree there, Alien Vs Predator was a disaster tbh.
    Every comment I read about The Ring 2 says its crap, i must watch it and decide for myself!

Advertisement