Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

As long as you threw in a few "the dogs on the streets..." for M.O'L you'd be grand.

Dermot Desmond would be a good one i reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

BuffyBot wrote:
    Hmm can just imagine it:

MOL: "Right, Joe - you're fired. You failed to steal the paper clip from the document you read in the hotel. Every paperclip costs us money. GET THE F**K OUT OF HERE! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS F**KING AER F**KING LINGUS YOU F**KTARD"
    [exit Joe in tears]

lol :D , brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

TmB wrote:
    Who'd be the boss in an Irish Apprentice? Any suggestions?

Bill cullen,long way from penny apples love!

Anyway great programme.Did anyone see pauls quote on BBC website?

Claim to fame: "Putting together a 3 million pound deal on a phone while riding a bike." hehe then he woke up...

Dont think Paul will win,I think Miriam is in with a good shot.But as Lump says Sugar wont take on a woman going on what he has read about Siucra.Always remember when Venables was sacked by Sugar.They would sing "A spoonful of sugar makes the Venables go down" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

What have you read about Sugar and women, Lump? (Unless this is top secret, classified info from the files of the BBC :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I can see Michael O'Leary as the boss in an Irish Apprentice. "Ok your task today is to come up with the best method of having a go at Bertie Ahern, achieving some free publicity while not spending any money on full page newspaper ads as this month's ad budget is all used up."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

simu wrote:
    What have you read about Sugar and women, Lump? (Unless this is top secret, classified info from the files of the BBC :))

Eh.... He's married. But he's said in an interview that he didn't think any of the current females in the apprentice were suitable.

John

Woooooo 6,000 posts woooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Michael O'Leary for Irish Apprentice, thats could be good! He'd be one ass mother-fooka though!

"Your fired, dumbass, get the fock outta here"! I love it already.

Well im eating my words now as Miriam has just been sacked..I'm shocked really,tonights show was great but what Sir Al said it was down to her was wrong.If she had of said "Will only one of you talk to me through ear piece" i think Paul still would of stuck his oar in.

Well Lump seems you were right about Sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Sir Alan got it so wrong- even from a ratings point of view I cant imagine how sacking Miriam would have been good for the show- now theres 3 guys and one..er.. female..
    perhaps the producers really dont have a say in who stays or goes.

Miriam had been fairly quiet over the last couple of weeks but really impressed everyone this week, how ironic that she was sacked.

I think the big fella James will probably win. Although perhaps Alan has a soft spot for that abrasive little toerag Siara.

I dont have a personal favourite now that Miriam is gone. Damn she was a fine thing.

Lets hope she gets a TV job!

Hey maybe she could work in Irish tv?? - oh yeah i forgot- her daddy isnt a producer in RTE.- my bad.

It's got nothing to do with ratings. He's got nothing to do with TV. He wants the best person. I rhink I'll go to the live show when they announce the winner.

This week was so funny, I cried. Some quality lines.

Paul to win, Saira to go next week IMHO.

John

• Advertisement

Yup the wolf coat was a knockout alright...

Still dont think Paul will win(hope) but looking at whats left,it will be Paul&Siara left.The other two dont think will cut it.But from the next weeks snip at end of tonight one it seems James might do well.Have to say James did well tonight.

Tim is gone next week i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I didn't think Miriam deserved to go last night...

I think its between Paul and James now. Difficult to say who out of those two will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Lump wrote:
    It's got nothing to do with ratings. He's got nothing to do with TV. He wants the best person. I rhink I'll go to the live show when they announce the winner.

This week was so funny, I cried. Some quality lines.

Paul to win, Saira to go next week IMHO.

John

I agree with everything .

Boooo paul's gone. I hope tim wins now, I think he will.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

wow, Paul really couldn't face the fact that he had been fired. Saira will win for sure...

No she wont.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Tim looks the most promising. I hope he wins, I still cant stand Saira

Paul was no happy bunny when he got the sack there though. James managed to keep dignified and not have a last dash attempt at staying.

James already had a 6 figure job.... and experience. He's looking for an apprentice, not a problem solver....

John

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Arabel wrote:
    Tim looks the most promising. I hope he wins, I still cant stand Saira

You read my mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

James got the sack because Sugar's 'consultants' are in the main a bunch of barrow-boys "done well" who couldn't bear the fact that he has education, a profession and experience. They kept mentioning the fact he'd attended university as a negative factor FFS.

Of the two that went forward I hope Tim gets it, he at least seems to have some dignity and would probably learn well on the job.

That Saira is one of the most despicable human beings I've ever had the misfortune to see on TV. She's gobby, aggressive and stupid, and seems to have got the final stage by simply shouting everyone else down. She's ****ed up the tasks repeatedly and won't accept responsibility. She should be managing a Centra, but that's about the summit of her ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah it is a good show, liked the first series too...

THe first series?

John

Oh you mean the american version..... Right.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah but then the players would be made to pay for their chairs in the boardroom...

daveirl wrote:

Personally I think Sugar makes terrible, terrible decisions.

Yes that's why he's worth 700 Million.

John

On a side note, did anyone see him on Jonathon Ross? Thought hecame across rather well. Married 37 Years, happy. Got three kids, and in his own words, "Even though their father is rich, they're not speeding around in Ferrari's and taking Cocaine, I'm proud of them" - or something along those lines.

I admire the man TBH, and he could handle Jonathon rather well.

John

Yup would have to agree on the interview with Ross.Came across as a bloke who knew where he came from and after all the money he has earned, solid head on him.

Seen on front of one of the papers today that one of the apprentices(Siara) i think.12,000 pounds worth of damage to the house they all lived in?....Didnt really see the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Anyone know the tune that was being played at the end of the show last Wednesday?

Good Lad Tim.

Live show was great, and the bust up between Paul and Saira was great.

Glad to hear he's confirmed a second series. He was knocking around the BBC last week, well that was for Jonathon Ross, but he was there all day. Normally the guests arrive in the evening.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement