Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice

Options
  • 11-04-2005 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

Is anyone watching this BBC 2 programme?? I'm really enjoying it, Alan Sugar could have a future in television if he keeps this up. Wish he was in the show more though, not just at the end. If anyone apart from me is watching it, who they think is going to win??

Being a red-blooded Devil, I'd hate to see Miriam go, nice body. However the businessman in me thinks James is the man to beat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Good Programme Alright. Alan Sugar is very good in it I have to say.

Agree with you on James. Definely the man to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

yea its a good show, as good as the US version.

I don't think James has a chance with the likes of Alan Sugar, he's too temid. Same with Miriam and Raj

I think the LOUD girl, Saira i think her name is will WIN as long as she doesnt make any serious BLUNDERS. It's hers to lose. Tim has a good chance too, the younger guy. Paul is possibly too aggressive, altho i think Alan likes that.

is there any plans to show the 2nd US series or have i missed it? as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Erm....I think Saira will win. She done very well in the last challenge. (Although I don't like her patronising, simple sloooooww talk that she puts on when explaining things to people)
    Very good programme, it has me more hooked than the US, Donald Trump version had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Skyuser wrote:
    Erm....I think Saira will win. She done very well in the last challenge. (Although I don't like her patronising, simple sloooooww talk that she puts on when explaining things to people)
    Very good programme, it has me more hooked than the US, Donald Trump version had.

She should be a primary school teacher - I don't know how anyone could work for her.

I have seen all the US apprentice episodes and the UK version stacks up well. The UK candidates overall are probably better than the US candidates in Season 3. There are so many bad candidates at the moment that the Donald hasn't had time to fire them all yet and he is down to the final six.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Saira wont win, she's got a gob, and I think she'll get the sack this week. I think James is tooo much of a snob for Alan, he being from the poorer side of East London, His roots mean a lot to him. Also I don't think James has a good Business head. Raj is a quiet quiet person, Miriam is good, but I think she lets herself get walked over. Paul I think is top of my list, he's hot headed, however he's been warned and I think he'll settle down. If he's up for sacking again, he needs to be more proactive. He needs to dog people. I think from now on it's all going to get a little uneasy in the house and on the tasks.... it's down to the last few and people are going to realise now that they have to fight for the job.

Of course I could walk upstairs and get the master tape of the fnial show and ruin it for everyone, but I don't want to ruin it for myself. Quality show in my opinion.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

yeah, I picked up watching this about 2 or 3 weeks ago, Quite good ok, I liked the whole farmers market episode. I don't know any of there names yet, but there were two guys in with the girl last week (after the farmin' episode) I reckon the guy that didn't get the sack will be next to go, he's obnoxious, and very fiery. He really needs to learn how to control his temper.

"Everything... You... Have... JUST... Said.... To.... Me... I.... THINK..................................Soup!"

Classic line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I never watch this from the start as theres usually football on at the same time but I do enjoy the 'you're fired' sequence at the end and usually flick over for it. Sugars a cool dude and like his 'f the world' attitude.

I have to say tho that that shortarsed git player with the penchant for histrionics (sorry can't think of his name?) is something else! He seems to be facing the chop every single week too from what I can tell and always gets off. Surely he must be a plant to spice up the entertainment level?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm enjoying the UK apprentice more than the US apprentice. Trump's boardroom is very tame compared to Sugar's boardroom. In Sugar's boardroom, you really have to fight your corner, and watching the contestants being backed into that corner by Alan Sugar makes for really fun TV. From the 'next week' clip, it looks like Saira's mouth may get her kicked off tonight. Might be (hopefully) misdirection by the promo producers... I'd like to see her stick around for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mias

It's def much better than the US version - got hooked on it two or three weeks ago. Think that Saira is possibly the best of them - especially after last week. But as you were saying TmB it sounded like she was going to get the boot on the promo! But that's prob just trickery. Personally I think that Raj has to be the next to go - far too quite. That's kept him out of the firing line so far, but the further he goes the more they are going to recognise that!

• Advertisement

FOR **** SAKE Saira is still there, she's after abusing two people already, The Guy at Harrods, and the bloke at tottenham. She's a mouthy git.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Who went tonight?

Im glad he kept Saira! She went from hero to zero in one week.

It would be great if her and Paul were in the final. the final boradroom would be WAR. But thats unlikely, i hope someone boring like James or Miriam don't win it.

Raj went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

That guy from Tottenham was totally unreasonable. Fair enough he might have taken offence to Saira, which I was a little surprised at. But after talking to James and taking offence to what he said, was awful. James was nothing but polite. He obviously had something against them from the moment they started.

Thank God Raj went; he was there way too long. I am confident that Saira will win; Sir Alan is taking a shine to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Saira should not be there.I cant stand her.Paul or James should win it, they're the only ones I like, except Miriam who is ok.

EDIT: This version is much better than the US one. Alan Sugar is much better than Trump any day. And he doesnt have stupid hair/wig.

Did you see the quote from Alan at the end of the programme? "What a load of Bóllox"

QUALITY!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lump wrote:
    FOR **** SAKE Saira is still there, she's after abusing two people already, The Guy at Harrods, and the bloke at tottenham. She's a mouthy git.

John

Was it not Adele that abused the guy from Harrod's?

I've been watching it from week 2 and I think it's a great show, really entertaining.

Saira really bugs the hell out of me, the way she talks to people in that school teacher tone is really annoying. The thing that really gets me though is the way everybody keeps saying she's spectacular at sales.
    The way I see it is she's just extremely pushy and people just buy things from her to get rid of her.

It was like that time that they had to buy a selection of goods for the cheapest price and she was haggling with an Indian shop owner for about £1 for what semmed like an eternity and eventually the guy ended up giving it to her for nothing just to get rid of her.

And when she's asked to explain things that she's done she just reels off the same old bóllox that she's obviously read from some noncy sales strategy book.

I'm not even gonna try and call it becuase I thought Ben was gonna walk away with it from the beginning and he was sacked last week (deservingly so I suppose), but I would say that I reckon Miriam might be a dark horse.

B.

Oh yea, it was.

I recon Paul will win. He's a bit of a geezer like I guess alan was/still is. I think they connect more. I definetly don't think a woman will win. Going on Interviews atc that I've read from Sir Alan.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Great show, I think that Paul will win too. Saira reminds me of the Omorosa (African-American political lady) from the U.S. version of the show. They're both loud, rude, hated by the viewers and they always think they are right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Hi Folks,

not a chance that Saira will win it..she stayed in this week because she's better for ratings than Raj...

Her use of the English language reminds me of Del Trotter - she just strings together catchphrases, quotes and repeatable lines to make herself sound more intelligent than she is....there's actually no substance to anything she says....she excels in the tasks where there is a selling aspect bacuse of her gob and no-one says no when there's a camera on them

I think Sugar wanted to give her a right bollocking last night becasue she singlehandedly reduced the task last night to a pitiful badgering exericse of the beleaguered Spurs fans (it's hard enough supporting them in the first place)

None of them look like anyone you'd give a job to....James was looking the most professional, but the tasks have not suited his dainty pallatte in recent weeks and he's had the foghorn Saira to contend with

But what about "Tim Nice But Dim".... it caused a major shock in our house last night when he didn't answer the phone in the house for the early morning call (as he had done for the previous 6/7 weeks)

My favourite quote from Sugar (yes he has topped Trump) was the week of the ad campaign when they were in the boardroom "....and don't give me any of that demographic bollocks!!"

As the show goes on...

(as you can see, it's been a busy afternoon at work....maybe I should apply for "The Apprentice 2")

"God is now here, God is nowhere"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Paul is the bloke I was on about. I think he's prick, really obnoxious, and way to fiery with a very sharp temper. Hope he doesn't win, but from what I've seen there seems to be something about him that is making Sir Alan keep him on each week.

Maybe he's looking for someone thats no afraid to stand p for himself, like Paul.

On another note, glad Raj is gone, he has really done nothing to help his case in the last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

paul is gonna win, saira is annoying hope see gets kicked out next

I hear last nights apprentice in the US was a good'un. Trump ripped into someone in the boardroom, and they left in tears. Maybe he saw Alan Sugars Apprentice and got some ideas for making the boardroom entertaining? (instead of the pantomime it usually is) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

TmB wrote:
    I hear last nights apprentice in the US was a good'un. Trump ripped into someone in the boardroom, and they left in tears. Maybe he saw Alan Sugars Apprentice and got some ideas for making the boardroom entertaining? (instead of the pantomime it usually is) :)

Any idea will we get that one over here any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 damo dempsey

i am totally hooked on this show. personally, i think paul will win, as alan sugar doesn't seem to like james' timid, polite approach and he thinks saira is far too rude and basically a loud-mouth.
    paul has a fiery temper, but he really impressed me in the 'selling the flowers' task and when he convinced diarmuid gavin to donate his bike for the auction.
    i think he's the best salesman as he can relate to people, but saira just shouts and intimidates people into buying things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That's a fun show - I wish they'd do an Irish one.

Who'd be the boss in an Irish Apprentice? Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

TmB wrote:
    Who'd be the boss in an Irish Apprentice? Any suggestions?

I don't know - most of our big corporate bosses are pretty undynamic. Michael O'Leary would love to do it, I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hmm can just imagine it:

MOL: "Right, Joe - you're fired. You failed to steal the paper clip from the document you read in the hotel. Every paperclip costs us money. GET THE F**K OUT OF HERE! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS F**KING AER F**KING LINGUS YOU F**KTARD"
    [exit Joe in tears]

Advertisement