Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best horror movie ever???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I didn't think The Suffering was very scary at all, but that was probably because I didn't like the game itself.

Clive Barker's Undying is pretty scary, and I got Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly a while back and it's dead creepy. It's more Japanese horror. People with broken limbs crawling along the floor, ghosts with long black hair, things like that. Veeery freaky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

koneko wrote:
    I didn't think The Suffering was very scary at all, but that was probably because I didn't like the game itself.
    I dunno, I was freaked out by it. Probably cos the only time I played it was late at night, no lights on, 5.1 surround and widescreen. Or maybe Im just soft. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Loobz wrote:
    Or maybe Im just soft. :p

Ya hit the nail on the head there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

Suffering was enjoyable, Undying too, but Silent hill is just so bloody good...
    Sh2 in particular..

They're making a silent hill movie.. Even tho I know it will probably suck, I have very high hopes for it :(

Has any1 played thru any of the Silent Hill's?
    Actually Im gonna start a new thread for this, its flying off course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lando

Halloween
    The Fly
    Night Of The Hunter
    The Exorcist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Devil's Backbone - Quite possibly Guillermo Del Toro's best film to date, it's nothing strikingly original, but it's just a ghost story done to perfection, and Del Toro's vivid use of colour makes it such a beautiful and uncharacteristic horror film altogether. Not to mention the strength of the cast, child actor's included, who really do a fantastic job of breathing life into their roles.

I`ve had the dvd sitting at home here still in its wrapper for the last few months,never got around to watching it :rolleyes:

I might stick it on later tonight.

My personal favourites are:

The Thing.

A near perfect film in every way.Its in my top ten best movies.

Re-Animator.

Gorey with plenty of humour and very rewatchable.

The Fly(Remake)

Another masterpiece that I`ve watched over and over.

JU-ON: The Grudge 2

The first Asian horror film I watched and still one of the finest.

The Excorcist

Perfectly paced film that just has a totally nasty and depressing feel throughout.

Theres probably loads more too that I cant think of right now but those five make pretty good reading to me :)

Xcom2 wrote:
    Carnival of Souls

Good call. Dated, but great effort nevertheless.
    chica wrote:
    Another good horror movie is the Japanese film "Audition".

Kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri...

Film okay, but the wire cutting bit is great
    the Wicker Man or the Thing...Re-Animator...H. P. Lovcraft...
    The Eye and the Ring...Tod Browning

Respect. A man who knows his horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JenniferBrennan

Nosferatu. Isle of the Dead. The original two Frankenstein movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Don't Look Now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Loobz wrote:
    I dunno, I was freaked out by it. Probably cos the only time I played it was late at night, no lights on, 5.1 surround and widescreen. Or maybe Im just soft. :p

That would help alright. I thought it was sacry enough to only play it after the kids went to bed but it dident do a whole lot for me other wise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I like the Thing. Someone already mentioned it above and I agree with them. It falls into my top ten. I also like Texas Chainsaw and for a cheap laugh, the mangler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JenniferBrennan

Talliesin wrote:
    Don't Look Now.

Why, what happened. Jesus, you scared me there for a while. You men are all the same! From the first man I kissed to now all I get is bad experiences :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Check out a film called Hunting Humans if you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Saw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Evil Dead 1 or 2 any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

The Grudge is fúcked up! no story line, but still messed up scary

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I only watch the grudge at the weekend I made my mother watch it and it freaked her out, real funny. Was a class film all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Its very very difficult for me to to say I think one is the best so here's my favorites and in my opinion the best horror movies ;

1. The Exorcist
    2. The Texas Chainsaw massacre (original version only!!)
    3. Psycho
    4. Friday the 13th Parts 1 & 2 ONLY (everything after that was utter ****e)
    5. Halloween
    6. The Fog
    7. Dracula (original)
    8. Frankenstein (original)
    9. Prince of Darkness
    10. Omen I and II

I cannot believe people on here are mentioning the Scream films as good horror...utterly appalling nonsense thats as bout as chilling as any of the crap Friday 13th movies (anything from III onwards) i.e. not very

They are so cheesy and obvious I dont know how anyone could put them in the same class as any of the classics mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I liked both of "The Rings" movies but I also like films like "Poltergeist" or "Ghostship".

I remember nearly peeing down my pants when I first saw "A nightmare on elm street" back in 1985.

Really hard to say.

I remember nearly peeing down my pants when I first saw "A nightmare on elm street" back in 1985.

Really hard to say.

I know, it's tough to admit these things. But at least you're dealing with it... ;):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement