Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here we go again with the NRPAI...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What I do not see , are any sensible suggestions, coupled with actual offers to do work, organize events, run competitions or just get stuck in.
    I don't particularly like blowing my own trumpet, but I'm currently still shattered from having been one of the three people who ran this this weekend, and I think I'm fairly safe from accusations that I'm throwing rocks from the sidelines given the work I've been doing with organising events, running competitions, coaching, helping run clubs and associations and that sort of thing for the past seven years.
    The problem with bulletin boards is that they enable the critics to complain incognito.

No, that's their strength. I've seen first-hand what happens in this sport when you make a complaint in public. You can get your head stomped on by a committee which, despite not having done anything for the sport in months, suddenly gets a burst of energy to use in rebutting any and all complaints in a way that spin doctors everywhere would feel in awe of. And then, of course, the complainer's card is marked. No more notices of training or competition, badmouthing in the pub after matches, the whole nine yards. And it's been going on like that for donkey's years now.

So having a place where you can point out that the emperor has no clothes without fear of recrimination is a good thing.

But anyway, these complaints were made to the NTSA and NRPAI first anyway. Officially and in writing. Years ago in some cases. And nothing was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

I did not know until now that this BB existed. Having read through the recent posts I am horrified that the Irish Club Curse seems to have struck again. Stand back from all of this, or see it from anew as I have just done. What I see is an immense amount of wingeing, of critizising the actions of those people who have made the effort to move our sport forward, however imperfectly. What I do not see , are any sensible suggestions, coupled with actual offers to do work, organize events, run competitions or just get stuck in.
    You quite obviously have not read any other threads on this board
    All sporting clubs or organisations consist of those who do and those who suggest it could have been done better.
    What a stupid generalisation
    The problem with bulletin boards is that they enable the critics to complain incognito.
    It's a problem alright if you're the one being complained about. It must be a pain in the arse not being able to threaten people who disagree with you.
    This will be my one and only post. If you want to use your energy disagreeing with me then you have missed the point.
    In your opinion. This is a discussion board, not a forum for would be dictators.
    Talk directly to those with whom you disagree.
    Read the thread again and see what happened to those who did.
    If you are a member ot the organisations you are critisizing. get on the committee and change things. If you are not a member , join.
    Except if you have been told that you are not welcome
    We have enough structure already.
    Some would say too much.
    What we need are people who do things instead of complaining.
    We need both.

Advertisement