Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I made this"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Started on the Spectrum 48k, then the 128 - won a prize in the young scientists for a statistical anylisis app on it once - a long time ago, then the Mac Plus, of all things, before trying my hand on 386's.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    My furthest foray into Windows application programming was a simple currency converter for converting between all the Euro-friendly currencies.</font>

After 'Hello World' I think that's normally the app I try my hand at with any language I'm learning - at least I've written Euro-converters over the years in JavaScript, Java and (don't laugh) WMLScript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ya - I remember in first year writting a celcius - farenheit (sp?) conversion thingy in Pascal. Added kilo to pound and metre to feet myself - nothing major - but useful</font>
    Hehe. I did that years ago (my age might not have been double digits smile.gif ).
    It was confusing at the time smile.gif

Scrolling hello world was a tricky one too smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭RiCo

I've written more program than u can shake a stick at (Assembly,TurboC) for DOS. Was doing very nicely... till some dick head came up with Windows 95...... and C++ & OPPS.
    I'm not going back to shcool for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Started coding on an Acorn Electron when I was 5 (alright, so I copied out tutorials, but still! smile.gif ). Never finished any major project though, but I'm working on a content management system for Clubs and Socs in Maynooth, aswell as different ways to interact with Minds (the Maynooth Netsoc) over the internet (ie, other than a plain shell).

The part of the project I'm working on now is a UBB-a-like in PHP/MySQL that supports as many sub-forums as resources allow.

Next comes a webmail application that will keep the connection as secure as possible.

Advertisement