Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expected success rate in STT's?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Fair enough. I'm out of line. I'm just really fecked off at 2 straight days of this :(

The only way I seem to be winning atm is pot intimidation.

Hey, expect a bit of whining from me. I'm a n00b. I don't know what i'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

I don't want to dignify the 'that's [INSERT SITE HERE] for ya', so I won't.

Seriously, going on tilt on bad beats the easiest way to drop all your money very quickly. I've seen it time after time both working and playing where ordinary strong players suddenly become muppets after a bad beat. You have to be honest with yourself, if you find yourself on tilt get up and get out of the game. I still drop more money after a bad beat than in the hand itself.

And spare a thought for TJ Cloutier. Probably the strongest tournament player of his generation not to have won the big one, about to fulfill a life long ambition and be able to retire satisfied, his AQ vs Jesus' A9. River - 3 outs. 9. Our ones aren't so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

BrendanB wrote:
    And spare a thought for TJ Cloutier. Probably the strongest tournament player of his generation not to have won the big one, about to fulfill a life long ambition and be able to retire satisfied, his AQ vs Jesus' A9. River - 3 outs. 9. Our ones aren't so bad.
    I remember reading about that in Positively 5th St.
    Cloutier had Ferguson's number when they were headsup and was slowly winning it. After it was over TJ didn't have one complaint or gripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

lafortezza wrote:
    After it was over TJ didn't have one complaint or gripe.
    This is because Coultier is a poker player.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Iceman,
    You have be able to take the bad beats,as one of the pros said (cant remember who) "its not how you played the bad beat hand its how you play the next hand thats what matters" great poker quote.At the moment you are only playing online and the bad beats are getting to you,Imagen what a bad beat feels like if you are after missing a big match on TV driving into the fitz played for a few hours hit a bad beat come out into the pissing rain at 2 in the morning when you should be in bed....drive home and only get 3/4 hours sleep.Add onto that the other half moaning into your ear about this been the 3 night this week you are off playing cards,and her insisting on getting up early in the morning and taken the baby's to the Zoo so we can all spend time together.Now this is a BAD BEAT. :(

{ rant over :D }

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

soz,ul,gg ;)

No, you're right. I usually take it pretty decently, throw my hands in the air as if to say "that's life" and move onto the next table. I guess 2 days straight of this just got to me. Add to the fact that I am inexperienced, and I just haven't seen enough hands (only about 3000 so far in real money STTs) to be able to say that this shouldn't happen.

Though tbh I haven't really come on much about bad beats, more about asking about different situations and some advice. Some i've gotten answers to, some not. So once in a while, I think i'm allowed to call a bad beat or 2 :) I guess I just need to relax before posting, so I can do it with a cool head and not sound like a child crying for its dummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Paul (Dub13)...

From what I can make out from what you were saying about 2 kids under 3 and a third on the way....... it's a good job you're away 3 nights a week playing poker !!! .... The Pope would approve of your family planning technique !!

;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What can I say....Poker is the way I like to relax...it does not allways work out that way but I try.

Culchie wrote:
    The Pope would approve of your family planning technique !!
    ;)

I am sure he would....but he mite have a problem with some other things I get up to ;):D .

Advertisement