Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Poker Tour & the Red Cow

Options
  • 05-04-2005 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Has anyone played this event yet – Im guessing its a satelite, cant seem to find any info on it or the IPT, bit of a dufus with search engines etc. All info gratefully received

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Here is their site.

http://www.pokerevents.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TimFoil

thanks for that, i found this page already. perhaps im getting old but the info here is terribly presented - €4000 prizemoney, six 250 tickets I think - does this mean 6 tickets plus cash or 6 tickets then cash prizes. Furthermore, the 250 tickets are satelites again, right? How much are tickets to the IPT? etc. Things wern't run like this in the war yknow.
    Yours,
    Grandad.

There is a long thread on the Red Cow events on hear somewere.The chap that runs it is a poster on here so if you have any questions I am sure he will answer them.

I am thinking of playing on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Hi sorry bout delay in getting back to you.
    Red cow tourney for this Thursday is €6000 guaranteed. Fund will increase with re-buys(50% directly to prize fund & 50% towards cost of event)
    Included in the prize fund are tickets to the dublin super-satellite on may27th /28th . This is a €250 plus €25 freezeout with a pool of €45,000.
    Top 3 players qualify for the Irish poker tour final with a guaranteed pool of €100,000. This is a 16 player event only, being held in June in Dublin. Value of tickets comes out of the prizefund.(confused yet)
    Anyway, if you have any queries ring me on 091 799990, otherwise turn up @ 7 to register in the Red cow.
    Fintan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Fintan, is it possible to register in advance for the Cork Supersat since the event bookings section of the site isn't up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Nicky, you will have a ticket reserved for you in Cork.
    However you will need to collect by 6/6.15 on the night.
    This event will be sold out, and I will need to release tickets on a first come first served basis. However regardless of sales you have a ticket up untill 18.15 on the night.
    Fintan.

Nicky, you will have a ticket reserved for you in Cork.
    However you will need to collect by 6/6.15 on the night.
    This event will be sold out, and I will need to release tickets on a first come first served basis. However regardless of sales you have a ticket up untill 18.15 on the night.
    Fintan.

Thanks Fintan, As with Galway I'll be there early. Looking forward to it.
    Nicky.

Is Thursday a freezout...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

It's advestised as a double chance but you get either one rebuy or topup for another €50.

More Second Chance than Double Chance!!

So its not Double Chance as they play it in the clubs were you get half your chips and can use the other half as a top up or if you bust out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

From what I can see, the pokerevents game is identical to the Fitz friday game, just with bigger starting and rebuy chips... any Fitz friday regulars could have a good advantage in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

The week I played any Fitz players would have had a significant advantage, as there were alot of players there who had never played before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Waylander wrote:
    The week I played any Fitz players would have had a significant advantage, as there were alot of players there who had never played before.

This can be a very big disadvantage.

Runner Runner Rules!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Yeah I know. You have to pick your hands very carefully, and then bet very aggressively to take the pot down. I adopted a rock like strategy the last time I was there and it served me fairly well. But you need to be hitting good cards for this to come off.

Hi sorry bout delay in getting back to you.
    Red cow tourney for this Thursday is €6000 guaranteed. Fund will increase with re-buys(50% directly to prize fund & 50% towards cost of event)
    Included in the prize fund are tickets to the dublin super-satellite on may27th /28th . This is a €250 plus €25 freezeout with a pool of €45,000.
    Top 3 players qualify for the Irish poker tour final with a guaranteed pool of €100,000. This is a 16 player event only, being held in June in Dublin. Value of tickets comes out of the prizefund.(confused yet)
    Anyway, if you have any queries ring me on 091 799990, otherwise turn up @ 7 to register in the Red cow.
    Fintan.

Fintan did 50% of the rebuys go back into the prizepool on Monday in Cork?

N.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

From what I can see, the pokerevents game is identical to the Fitz friday game, just with bigger starting and rebuy chips.

Except it's capped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Yeah, I know, but I didn't want to go there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Yes it's capped, and we've heard both sides of the argument until people are blue in the face, but it's interesting that alot of board members are choosing to go along this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

not going now, feckin lift fell through and luas is too far away.

gonna hit the fitz freeroll or play online instead.

prolly go in 2 weeks though.

karlh wrote:
    not going now, feckin lift fell through and luas is too far away.

What part of the city are you in...?may be able to help with a lift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Who went? Can we get a report?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I was there.....I have to say it was a good night and I think the event was excellently run on all accounts. I'm way too tired to write a detailed report at the moment but overall it was a good turnout. 204 players if i remember, i finished in the top 13 :( . This paid me my entry fee back. The standard of play on the early tables was generally pretty weak with a lot of madness around!! But they soon fell be the wayside :D
    Not sure who won it, I split after the payout but chip leader was a guy at my table, guy with long hair. He was shortstack for a while but turned it around pretty good.
    I need sleep now!
    BTW, prize pool was 13K with 5k to winner.

Well, I can up until 12pm :(

Still sore, can't talk about it just yet.

Long Story Short .... Had 45,000 chips going into the break (average was 8000 at that stage before top ups) .... 0 chips 30 mins after break..... giving a guy a free card by calling a big raise, when I should have gone in over the top in a pot I should just have left alone ..... big big dumbo.
    I think he was with Paul (Dub 13), he collected another enormous pot 10 mins later as well ... he should have easily made it to the final table after that.

What I will say is that it is exremely well run, great buzz and Ken Doherty is a top bloke, had the pleasure of playing with him for about an hour and a half before the break.

13K in prize money, 204 entries, 93 rebuys, 23 top ups ....something like that(All entry fees to prize pool, 50% rebuys/top ups to prize pool) Ken had a 250 bounty on his head, he was till there when I went off kicking tyres.

Standard of play was shocking in some cases, but it's bringing people into poker, so it's good in the long run.

Very well run and a it's great to have a couple of pints and play as well.

Packed out.

204 Runners
    90 Re-buys
    23 Add-ons

Total: e15,850 + e1585 in reg fees

Prizepool: e13,000

Busted out about 75 when I called Player X's all-in with AKo !!!!!????? He had JJ and held up.

Alot of very bad players. Very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I doubt the standard of play was much worse than in the freeroll last night - so hard to tell what your opponents are holding, a big raise comes in and you think K3 suited? AJo? 22? Who knows? Gonna take a few weeks off from freerolls.

Hmmm, I'd say it could be worse.

Board was showing 7 10 J Q K rainbow in a game last night, checked all the way from the flop .... checked to me, the K filled a straight for me with A3 (unraised BB) ... so I threw in 2K ...2 callers, one with 4 7, the other with J 5

5 Limpers preflop 100/200

Flop AK2 rainbow

BB raise to 500
    MP Re-raise to 2000
    Button Call
    BB All-in 3300
    MP Call
    Button All-in (less chips)
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I

Button > K2
    BB > AA
    MP> 22

pokenum -h 2c 2s - ah ad - kd 2h -- ac kh 2d
    Holdem Hi: 903 enumerated boards containing Ac 2d Kh
    cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
    2s 2c 0 0.00 903 100.00 0 0.00 0.000
    Ad Ah 902 99.89 1 0.11 0 0.00 0.999
    Kd 2h 1 0.11 902 99.89 0 0.00 0.001

I was MP with 22. :rolleyes:

Yea it was a good night,well run and a big turn out.As said above some of the play early on was shocking with the odd one of these bad players making it to the later stages with the help of the poker gods,so you had to be careful.But their was a sprinkle of good players.

As for how my night went....not to bad I was chip leader on my first 2/3 tables by playing tight and aggressive.It took me a while to get going,I binned some good hands because the board was nasty only for bottom pair to win or on one occasion 8 high won.I ended up going out in 20th (18 got paid) when I was big blind with K J blinds were 4k 8k I think,I had about 20k after I put in my big blind it was folded around to the SB who went all in.....I put him on a low pair if anything as he had me covered so I called he turns over a pair of 5s and I did not hit on the board.

As for how it was run...I am not going to go into the caped prize fund as it has been well covered.It is a well run tournament and they are trying to do things right and have to be given credit for this.The only problem I have is it was advertised as a double chance tournament and in fact it was a one rebuy or top up,I heard a few people given out about this.But all in all they are trying to do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. Thought it was very well run.
    Some real loose play though.

Anyone here at the Carlow table ?

• Advertisement

brianon wrote:
    Yeah. Thought it was very well run.
    Some real loose play though.

Anyone here at the Carlow table ?

Me

Advertisement