Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paisean Faisean

Options
  • 02-04-2005 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Has anyone seen Paisean Faisean on Mondays on TG4 - its fast becoming a cult classic in our house at home.

Quick Review at: http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/inte/pais.htm

It is unbelievably hilarious - the 3 guys look really uncomfortable buying women’s clothes. One guy was so bad at buying the outfit that he picked a mannequin in the shop and bought all the clothes on it!!

Brilliant.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Yeah eveyone in my family watches it, we love it, its hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

yeah its pretty good. I seen a few episodes of it. Once, all three of the guys picked completely green outfits! It was a total coincidence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Last week they were in shops i go into in Waterford it was brilliant!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

My brother was on it! Yes! Touched by fame! He said it was pretty embarassing. Funny show, though!

cool which one was he on ?

• Advertisement

The one done in Cork.

am what outfit did he buy , id remember the clothes but not the place , I love that programme!!

He went shopping in Miss Selfridge ir Topshop - can't remember which one. I don't remember the outfit but part of it was a mint-green small cardigan that doesn't cover the whole back (I might be wong about the colour - I have a bad memory for that sort of thing). It didn't get picked anyway.

that programme is fantastic anyway !!men picking womens outfits funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

How hard can it be?

Good idea for a show though. Nothing like seeing a load of fella's uneasy and scared to touch some womens clothes while attempted to piece together an outfit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

from iftn.ie

TG4 has commissioned a second series of the popular fashion series ‘Paisean Faisean’ produced by Clodagh Freeman at Magma Films in Galway.

The 13 x 30 minute series began its run on TG4 earlier this year, screening at 10pm on Monday and repeating at 6pm Sunday. Targeting the 16 – 35 age group the series Presented by Aoife Ní Thuairisg, ‘Paisean Faisean’ follows a girl (The Date) and three candidates who have to impress her with their sense of style. Equipped with a budget of X Euro the candidates have one hour to buy a complete outfit, from tip to toe, from sunglasses to shoes. The Date will then try the three outfits and decide which one she likes best, or which one makes her most curious about the guy who created it, and they go on a date.

The final show in the current series will air on Monday the 4th of April and as a result of ‘Paisean Faisean’s’ positive ratings, a 6.8% share recorded in week 12, commissioning editor Maire Ni Chonlain has greenlit a second series of 13 episodes that will contain 'specials' to be shot abroad in the world's fashion capitals.

Magma Producer Clodagh Ni Shaoire commented to IFTN "We are currently in negotiations with potential sponsors for the second series who have contacted us as a result of the huge response to the show in the press as well as in internet chat rooms nationwide."

The second series of ‘Paisean Faisean’ is scheduled to beign broadcsting on TG4 during Spring 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

jaysus, there was a guy on it last night (not the winner) who was savage looking!! i know a guy that was on it a few weeks ago and he won it and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

jaysus, there was a guy on it last night (not the winner) who was savage looking!! i know a guy that was on it a few weeks ago and he won it and all!

Which on are you talking about? - http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/inte/pais12.htm

Sean dosen't look half bad!!!

Cant wait for tonights episode.....the anticipation!!

I thought the outfit she picked last night was dreadful :( I was so dissapointed .

Which one did she pick? Dont tell me she picked the outfit with the colourful skirt? - its hedious

yea the skirt , and that guy was a fashion adviser !I was like ou id love to have a fashion adviser go around with me for a day and then i saw the outfit , my god!!

it actually looks like someone pucked on the skirt before she tried it on!!!

At least it wasnt that expensive...imagine paying 100 euros for the pants sean bought for her!!!

If I was going to pay 100 euro if pants I'd want 2 full length legs....but perhaps im just old fashioned in my ways!

ha you are so right abouth that vomit thing!!
    some weeks they pick ovely stuff , last night was well dodgy though.

The lads they get on it are what makes the show though - I spend most the program cringing at them picking out the outfits.

Have noticied that a few of them are from the Irish dating show "Cleahmas" ( Cant spell it), but its the one where the mammy / daddy picked that person to date their son / daughter....

Must be running out of single Irish speaking men!!!

oh my god that show where mammy /daddy picks is brilliant!so funny .yea some of the guys are so funny , i wish it was in english though :)

• Advertisement

Dont know if it would work so well if it was in english - it has that certain culchie charm when it is in irish.

Dont think dubbing would work either!!

Anyway , RTE would probably turn it down cause it is so brillent...they have a habit of declining good ideas (eg father ted - i think!)

Id love to see my boyfriend goin on it , it`d be so funny
    Its brilliant!

Mine has a fit if he has to pass by a girls clothes shop let alone go in and buy something!!

The first present he bought me was a hidious purple and white cartigan, I wore it for a day then packed it to the back of the wardrobe - he hasnt bought me clothes since!!

I'd actually pay my lifes savings to see him on the show...unfortunatly he hasnt a word of Irish.

i dont think my lad would pick anything really minging but i doubt he`d get the sizes right at all.
    Yer man though last night really took the cajke , like he was a fashion adviser for gods sake!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I know for a fact that some of the guys on that show are GAY! Can you believe it?

My sister's friend was on it and she picked the guy she already knew. He was gay, picked the nicest outfit and she knew she'd have a hassel free date with him! :D Just shows what a lack of Irish speaking young men there are.

Also one of the guys who was on last week was in college with me and he's as gay as christmas! (that'd be seamus the salesman who appeared to pick the vomit skirt in your link Norinoco)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Norinoco wrote:
    Which on are you talking about? - http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/inte/pais12.htm

Sean dosen't look half bad!!!

Cant wait for tonights episode.....the anticipation!!

Sean would be the lad!! mmm mmm mmm!!

the lad i knew who went on it picked a minging outfit and ur one still picked him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

I watch it purely for the presenter, whats her name? Aoife something? Sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Devious wrote:
    I watch it purely for the presenter, whats her name? Aoife something? Sexy!

Exactly! Aoife Ní Thuairisg's the name. They should make an episode where she models the latest in birthdaysuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Aoife Ní Thuairisg... she's a grand pair on her alright

• Advertisement

Anyone see it last night? the stripy jumper / blank pants has to be the worst yet.

The crazy green outfit was class though.

As for the Passion...will we ever see a Paisean Faisean wedding, like on blind date!!

Advertisement