Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission to enlarge window???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well gentlemen the decision has been made, not sure how happy then g*ylords in the planning office will be but we have decided to add a window in the gable, this will cover the light issue for us.

*The TF company said let there be light, and there was light* :)

Cheers for all the advice, could have left me bankrupt but hey! ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Well Rooferpete,

( Kadman says )
    After all that , and now we have to put a window in the gable, Jaysus, :eek:

" giv us up the chainsaw then Pete, now which fec...ing gable do we cut ?, oy Pete is Yop still paying us for all that work on the dormer then... :mad:

( Rooferpete ) replies.

" No he's not , but fec him..we'll bung it on the price of this window... NOW GET Cutting.....nnnnggg.....nngg..nnnggg.

kadman :)
    Well done Yop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

:)

Now Ye can see why I was first Sheesh roofers have a bad enough name without nominating Kadroofer :)

Me thinks we got poor instruction on this job Kad ole chap, let's put a window in Both gables LOL.

Or maybe crafty old Yop was just testing out our problem solving abilities.

We surprised him, there may not be a lot of thatch on the roof Yop, but the light is still on upstairs.......now where's me zimmer frame.

Yop,

Whats the story with that dormer cill at 1088, is that higher than regs Rooferpete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Kadman,

I do believe the cill height in bedrooms should not exceed 800 mm from floor to window ope to allow for easy exit.

I know there is a little room to play with but I think 850 to inner cill level would be about acceptable.

At 1088 it would be a struggle for some to climb out, then again I don't have to comply with those rules often enough to have them to hand.

It can make for a very good argument in retaining the gable window though.

Hi Rooferpete,

Yes, 850 seems to ring a bell, and 1100 max, and at these dimensions that window appears to be outside of regs.

Then again they may make Yop drop the window height, and refuse the gable window.

So Rooferpete, if he works on the dormer, do we still get dosh then.he.he.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 900mm is a minimum height to protect children from falling from upper storeys, not ground floor, based on my reading of the TGDs.

http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPol.nsf/0/a137e0322d60e09780256f5d00504a79/$FILE/Part%20K%20Tech%20Guide.pdf
    Protection from falling. K2 In a building, the sides of every floor and balcony and every part of a roof to which people normally have access shall be guarded to protect users from the risk of falling therefrom.

They're stair regs you are quoting Victor, we are talking about window regs .
    The min height in that TGD for a window is 800, and max is 1100, to opening. Yop's window at 1088 to window board , could be argued as out of regs,

Advertisement