Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen 2005

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

yeah he told us he got them but not HOW he got them!!!

they drive around to all the houses locally and give each house 2 free two-day-tickets and then all i have to pay is €20 at the gate to upgrade to a weekend camping ticket. the reason we get ree tickets is cos of the whole traffic incident when eminem played punchestown. its class cos the best weekend of the year is basically free for me (except for beer, food and smoke) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

thafitz wrote:
    if youre going both days why not just splash out the extra €20 for a camping ticket? th campsite is the best part of the weekend.

Actually I think the campsite is Hell on Earth, Much prefer the carpark, Loads of space and your not right on top of loads of people, Last year when I got back to the car, there was a marquee (sp?) with decks and a great crowd of about 200 people who kept going all night long about 200m from the car, During the night I was dragged into a campsite for about 30min and it was a nightmare, couldnt move anywhere without stepping on people or tents...... Fúck that.

plus I save €20, which is a bottle of rum.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What is their stance on minors this year?

I've been on to the Oxegen message board which I found to be terrible because mainly its just full of contradictive stories and as someone already pointed out, everything seems to evolve into a flame war which makes its hard to find concrete information.

I'll only be 16 for the event and hope to be camping for the weekend with a few of me m8's and I'm basically just wondering from other users past experience were there many under agers there camping or did you yourself get in during previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

They used to have a form you could fill in if you were under 18 naming someone over 21 that was gonna be with you the whole time. Not sure if they still do that though. But I've been to them all and I've never been asked for ID. Only at the bar.

I'll only be 16 for the event and hope to be camping for the weekend with a few of me m8's and I'm basically just wondering from other users past experience were there many under agers there camping or did you yourself get in during previous years?

once you dont look like youre 12 youre grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

thafitz wrote:
    once you dont look like youre 12 youre grand.
    Thanks

Getting my ticket sometime this week! Can't wait! The line up is probably the best ever to play one event in Ireland ever! Personally Im looking forward to QOTSA, Audioslave, Foo Fighters and Kasabian and probably loads more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

thafitz wrote:
    they drive around to all the houses locally and give each house 2 free two-day-tickets and then all i have to pay is €20 at the gate to upgrade to a weekend camping ticket. the reason we get ree tickets is cos of the whole traffic incident when eminem played punchestown. its class cos the best weekend of the year is basically free for me (except for beer, food and smoke) :D

Thank you ( you jammy b*stard) do you need any1 2 go with you!!!!!

Thank you ( you jammy b*stard) do you need any1 2 go with you!!!!!

thanx for the offer but i think one of my brothers would kill me if i gave one away ;)

thafitz wrote:
    thanx for the offer but i think one of my brothers would kill me if i gave one away ;)

damn!!!

ah well if you hear of any of your neighbours with spare tix!!!!!

*mubling incoherently*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

I agree with thefitz ... the campsite is great craic , always makes the concert for me !! My cousin stayed in the car park last year , rented out a van and a generator. Went out to him on the saturday and he was sittin down eatin a fry and watching the tipperary match. :D:D

and Tusky : seen the prodigy at the last witnness in fairhouse and i wasnt impressed. They might be a bit better with playing there new album and all but i still wouldnt have high hopes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

does anyone have the official website address? I'm abit daft.. can't find it on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

should be oxegen.ie (with www before that and http:// ahead of that again...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

p.pete wrote:
    should be oxegen.ie (with www before that and http:// ahead of that again...)

aka: http://www.oxegen.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

:rolleyes: *me slaps head* oxigen ... why was I searching that???? oxegen ... makes perfect sense now. Dim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

KlodaX wrote:
    :rolleyes: *me slaps head* oxigen ... why was I searching that???? oxegen ... makes perfect sense now. Dim.
    In fairness it's mispelled in the title of the thread also, you can hardly be blamed - blame the education system maybe...

hey hey hey in all fairness im a crap speller, i cant help that, but this should be expected of me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

the following acts are all due to be added in the next couple of weeks

Feeder
    Embrace
    Ash
    Willy Mason
    Rodigo y gabriella
    Bell x1
    Mark Geary
    Joe Chester
    JJ72
    The Chalets
    The Subways
    Rilo Kiley
    Mars Volta
    The Things
    The Shins
    The Others
    The Departure
    Babyshambles
    The Bravery
    James Yorkston
    Aslan
    13 Senses
    The Music
    Elbow
    The D4
    Futureheads
    Ocs
    Lucas
    Grinspoon
    Killing Heidi
    Missy Higgens
    The Subways
    Tom Vek
    The Go! Team
    Bright Eyes
    The Earlies
    Declan O’Rourke
    I Am Kloot
    The Beat
    The Waiting Room
    Bush

bbop wrote:
    the following acts are all due to be added in the next couple of weeks

Feeder <
    Embrace
    Ash <
    Willy Mason <
    Rodigo y gabriella <
    Bell x1
    Mark Geary
    Joe Chester
    JJ72 <
    The Chalets
    The Subways
    Rilo Kiley
    Mars Volta
    The Things
    The Shins
    The Others
    The Departure
    Babyshambles
    The Bravery
    James Yorkston
    Aslan
    13 Senses
    The Music <
    Elbow
    The D4
    Futureheads
    Ocs
    Lucas
    Grinspoon
    Killing Heidi
    Missy Higgens
    The Subways
    Tom Vek
    The Go! Team
    Bright Eyes
    The Earlies
    Declan O’Rourke
    I Am Kloot
    The Beat
    The Waiting Room
    Bush

That's it. Sounds shíte otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

id love for The Music and Feeder to play. cant wait for Audioslave and lookin forward to The Prodigy. but who really goes for the music anyways? exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

p.pete wrote:
    In fairness it's mispelled in the title of the thread also, you can hardly be blamed - blame the education system maybe...

well, actually, it should be spelt oxygen anyway. hey, finally i learn something from chemistry. is it sponsered by heineken or somethin? mabye thats the reason for "oxegen"

• Advertisement

Oh god.

Aslan... That should add to the atmosphere... :rolleyes:

Feeder, Ash, Mars Volta, Shins, Mark Geary, Babyshambles would all be welcomed by me. Oh and Bush, would love to see them.

Where did you get that list from?

Only the following excite me, but I would prefer to see them all in a more intimate venue.

Willy Mason
    The Shins
    Bright Eyes
    Tom Vek

No bloc party then?

S.

I'll be very surprised if Bloc Party don't get added.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I heard a rumor last night System Of A Down are to be added? Would make sense, they just started touring their new album.

God, I hope so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Maddzy wrote:
    I heard a rumor last night System Of A Down are to be added? Would make sense, they just started touring their new album.

Definetly not. They are not in Europe at the time, and Oxegen hardly caters for metal bands even if they could play.

The Shins to play? That's news to me. Same with Bush, I thought they had broke up/gone on hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Definetly not. They are not in Europe at the time, and Oxegen hardly caters for metal bands even if they could play.

The Shins to play? That's news to me. Same with Bush, I thought they had broke up/gone on hiatus.

Well actually their last tour date is June 26th and Oxegen is in July, theoretically they could play, but I agree Oxegen isnt exactly metal-friendly, but then again if SOAD did play it would bring in a whole new crowd. I think metal is the one popular music genre that Oxegen is missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I think Biffy Clyro announced at the gig in Cork they would be at Oxegen

Bloc Party
    The Bravery
    Rodrigo y Gabriela

all announced on mcd.ie

Also regarding the age limits:

Under 6 ---> no chance
    6 to 15 ---> accompanied by parent/guardian
    16 + 17 ---> accompanied by adult

Consent forms will have to be signed also.

INTERPOL are playing on saturday.

Proof: http://www.matadorrecords.com/tours/

Scroll down to Interpol.

How great is that!!!

S.

• Advertisement

If that Interpol thing is trustworthy, deadly! Otherwise boo..

Advertisement