Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen 2005

Options
  • 29-03-2005 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

So... What does everyone think of this years line-up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

pretty good, id be a lot more excited if greenday hadn't played in ages, im pretty glad the frames are supporting and i like the killers to a certain extent, so far so good really. If I liked Rap I'd be well happy with Snoop Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yeah its a good lineup. Note I didnt say great. Still, the atmosphere of the place makes up for it, somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 *me*

I'd love to see Basement Jaxx or The Chemical Brothers added, they've been amazing in the past and can really get a festival crowd rocking; of course the issue of when to have them play is another matter entirely but I guess its unlikely at this stage and it's not stopped me getting my ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I'm really looking forward to it. Just got to sort out money now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

i think this years lineup sounds pretty jamming there should be a good time anyway even if you dont like the bands!!

There is such a mix of people in the campsite and there is such craice in the campsite the they should have the gigs IN the campsite!!

Now all i have to do is get some money together....hmmm *starts thinking of an evil plan!!*

we shud have an oxygen/boards beer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Concentrated

I am really looking forward to it, there is a great lineup of bands and the mix is good enough to keep anyone happy. New Order, The Doves, Snoop Dog, The Killers, ....can't wait :D

yeah 2 true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm looking forward to seeing QOTSA play again. Having heard some live shows of The Killers I'm not keeping my hopes too high for them, but it should be a good festival anyway

the killers are cool....well on the album saying that have heard a few bands who sound great in the studio and not 2 gr8 live!!
    the QOTSA were brill at slane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Is it true that scissor sisters are playing? (and what day?)

• Advertisement

Yeah, QOTSA were absolutely brilliant at Slane. It'll be great seeing them again. As for being great in the studio and not great live, I don't have a problem if the band aren't great live if the atmosphere's good, but from what I've seen and heard of the Killers live, they weren't just 'not great', they were pretty bad.
    Hopefully they'll be good at Oxegen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

What band will play the campsite? Remember TCSR? The oxegen message board is really crap this year, TBH. Just lots of flame wars and stuff.
    There should be more campsite tickets added, I think this sells out every year for camping.

Well, that was all off-topic, but whatever does anybody have any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Gagging for oxegen is me!

Definitely dying for QOTSA not missing them. Looking forward to The Killers, Razorlight, Bloc Party, Kasabian, The Prodigy, Ian Brown, Kaiser Chiefs, The Streets, Audioslave. Snoop should certianly keep whatever townies are there happy. Green Day and the Food Fighters are OK but are far too safe headline acts IMO. Keane should be great for the bottle fest. I hope Kings of Leon will be added (nothing concrete in that). There are so many other great acts playing its a case of who next. Nirvana, The Beatles?

Does anyone know if The Coral are playing? From what I hear the are playing T in the Park but havent heard anything about them playing Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I hear Mars Volta are playing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Not mad about the lineup...

I cant wait to see QOTSA, Prodigy & James Brown.

New Order might be fun too...thats about it.

Foo Fighters, Greenday & The Killers can go feck off.

Tusky wrote:

really y they're pretty good!! well from what most people think but as they say each to their own!!

i can't wait for the campsite it would be cool if we could get the bands together in the campsite for an acoustic session!!

Tusky wrote:
    Not mad about the lineup...

I cant wait to see QOTSA, Prodigy & James Brown.

New Order might be fun too...thats about it.

Jesus, how did I forget James Brown? He's going to ROCK.
    Saw the Foos at Slane and wasn't overly impressed. I think they work better at indoor things.

yeah but even if the bands turn out to be crap you'd nearly go for the craice at the campsite!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

yeah but even if the bands turn out to be crap you'd nearly go for the craice at the campsite!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Thank you, finally someone will shut up bitching about this and just go for the craic

but its true!
    usually loads better than the bands!!
    you meet soooo many new and weird people!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wilkins

JAMES BROWN! What more can I say? Have to see the hardest working man in showbusiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

but its true!
    usually loads better than the bands!!
    you meet soooo many new and weird people!!
    i agree

i just bought my tic yeah!!!

hoope to see you all there! mine will be the tent with the boards beer sign outside it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

thats what i did last year. i only saw maybe 3/4 bands. i didnt like the lineup really but its for the campsite that i really go (well that and i get free tickets cos i live about a mile down the road from punchestown :D ).

thafitz wrote:
    thats what i did last year. i only saw maybe 3/4 bands. i didnt like the lineup really but its for the campsite that i really go (well that and i get free tickets cos i live about a mile down the road from punchestown :D ).

u lucky so n so how do u manage that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Didn't he just explain that?

yeah he told us he got them but not HOW he got them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

He said he gets free tickets because he lives about a mile down the road. That's pretty much a full explanation...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

If you buy a weekend ticket without camping can you leave the venue and come back in during the day? I know if you have single ticket for each day, you can only enter once.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

If you buy a weekend ticket without camping can you leave the venue and come back in during the day? I know if you have single ticket for each day, you can only enter once.

S.
    if youre going both days why not just splash out the extra €20 for a camping ticket? th campsite is the best part of the weekend.

Advertisement