Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland t-shirt in 'Desperate Housewives'

Options
  • 27-03-2005 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

was just watching desperate housewives on E4, not the best show ever but worth a look....Anyway when the hottest woman to appear on t.v in too long (the woman the gardener is playing hide the sausage with) goes to see him in his college dorm the roomate who answers the door is wearing a t-shirt with a print of our fair island in reverse (galway facing wales if you're havin trouble understanding). i really cant fathom a reason as its famously documented a huge % of americans couldnt point out america on a blank map.

my own opinion is their is somebody of irish origin (born here not decesended from a irish wolfhound or something) works on the show and wanted to do a shout out subliminal style to us here!!!!!!!

anybody got a theory?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

Oh i'l watch it on e4+1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

cool, a first hand view is the only way to dispell any insanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw Snoop Dog wearing an Ireland rugby jersey on tv tonight. whats that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i saw Snoop Dog wearing an Ireland rugby jersey on tv tonight. whats that all about?

How... can... that... happen?

Got pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭callumk

In the movie The Italian Job, the guy who knows all the stuff about the computers is wearing a green t-shirt with a map of Ireland on it in one scene......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Mossy Monk wrote:

This filmed in Ireland?

Visiting rappers are always givin the irish a shout out. 50 Cent came out at a point gig wearin an ireland soccer jersey. At the wu tang at oxegen Ghostface came out wearin a tricolour, the crowd went ****ing mental :)

Speaking of snoop and jerseys, in his video Beautiful, which was shot in Rio in Brazil, near the end where all the Brazillians are dancing one extra can clearly be seen wearing an Irish county GAA jersey (cant recall which, dont follow gah, its a yellow one i think, with some meat company sponsors). Think it was yellow tho. Lord knows how it ended up in some Brazillian shantytown

simu wrote:
    Got pics?

i saw it on the diary of snoop dog programme on MTV Base the other night

it may have been when he was in Ireland recently (more than likely)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

yea he wore an ireland rugby jersey when he played the point here afew weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ye, in that diary he thinks the jersey is a "football" jersey.........

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Snoop must have taken the rugby jersey out of that models wardrobe....when he was done getting up on her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

wild guess/ irish map was probably reversed because the filmed image was flipped in post-production /end wild guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

shabbyroad wrote:
    wild guess/ irish map was probably reversed because the filmed image was flipped in post-production /end wild guess.
    No chance. That would mean everything else was flipped. And it wasn', cos you could proberly read stuff.

Originally Posted by shabbyroad
    No chance. That would mean everything else was flipped. And it wasn', cos you could proberly read stuff.

thats why i didnt go through that possibility!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

was just watching desperate housewives on E4, not the best show ever but worth a look....Anyway when the hottest woman to appear on t.v in too long (the woman the gardener is playing hide the sausage with) goes to see him in his college dorm the roomate who answers the door is wearing a t-shirt with a print of our fair island in reverse (galway facing wales if you're havin trouble understanding).

just saw that episode tonight on rte. the reason ireland is back to front is that he's wearing the t-shirt inside out...mystery solved! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Wow! an Irish Map on a Tee Shirt on an american show. Ireland's Claim to Fame.

We should all be so proud.

Watched it tonight and didn't even notice.

Oh well I might check it out on C4 tomorrow at 10.

How many times have the shown that tee-shirt scene now? 10 - 12?

just saw that episode tonight on rte. the reason ireland is back to front is that he's wearing the t-shirt inside out...mystery solved!

why of course, all t-shirt companies make money by printing on the inside of a t-shirt too!!!! :-]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elmo

Watched it tonight and didn't even notice.

Same here. Forgot all about it.

subliminal messages people im tellin yis!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

my god, us oirish we're EVERYWHERE!!

if you look at the video of the first moon landing you can also see the distinct shape of a shamrock in the sand beside the lander.
    were we there first? coincidence? or just a porps guy pulling the piss?
    mad ted. just mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

Some of you dumbasses really have a lot to say

• Advertisement

subliminal messages people im tellin yis!!!
    Some of you dumbasses really have a lot to say

Mmmmm this thread is about a tee shirt on a TV show. What do you want me to say? Oh! Wow! Someone on the set of DH knows about Ireland, WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Speaking of snoop and jerseys, in his video Beautiful, which was shot in Rio in Brazil, near the end where all the Brazillians are dancing one extra can clearly be seen wearing an Irish county GAA jersey (cant recall which, dont follow gah, its a yellow one i think, with some meat company sponsors). Think it was yellow tho. Lord knows how it ended up in some Brazillian shantytown

I think it was an Offaly jersey - there was a period a few year's back where the jersey appeared in some very unlikely places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

aodh_rua wrote:
    I think it was an Offaly jersey - there was a period a few year's back where the jersey appeared in some very unlikely places.

Like a Leinster final .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I want to see Britney knocking a sliotar about with a hurley in her next video.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Big Ears wrote:
    Like a Leinster final .

LOL, that's quality

aodh_rua wrote:

hahahahaha, thats great

i also saw an Éire t-shirt on MTV's boiling points one day. it is a take over by darby o gill and his band of little people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Here is the offending t-shirt - notice how yankee boy is wearing it inside-out:

dhwirelandshirt16is.th.jpg

notice how yankee boy is wearing it inside-out

How do you know he's not a Paddy?

Maybe he's a Yankee-Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Tha Gopher wrote:

Its an Offaly county jersey which is around five years old at this stage!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He was clearly insinuating that Ireland is a backward little nation. I am offended and demand the show be axed.

Advertisement