Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Watch and Point Pleasant Cancelled

Options
  • 24-03-2005 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

Both shows have been axed by their respective networks,dont care about PP since it was just plain boring,but 3rd Watch is great and they wont have enough time to wrap up the storylines now. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked PP. I was hoping they'd show the last couple of episodes before they stop it, but looks like they won't now (I just want to know what was on that tape Dina Meyer's character watched last week!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Real pity about Third Watch. Was a very decent show. Made great viewing when RTE didnt dump it on at about 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Winters wrote:
    Real pity about Third Watch. Was a very decent show. Made great viewing when RTE didnt dump it on at about 1am.

ye,it was cool. last season starts on RTE 1 next Thursday at 11.45 after the west wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Pity Third Watch was relegated to the graveyard slot for so long and then just disappeared... made it night on impossible to follow :(

That show was/is brilliant and I can't wait for the new series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

This is the current casualty list.

andromeda (sci_fi)
    benefactor, the (abc)
    center of the universe (cbs)
    clubhouse (cbs)
    complex, the: malibu (fox)
    dead like me (showtime)
    doc (pax)
    dr. vegas (cbs)
    drew carey's green screen (wb)
    everybody loves raymond (cbs)
    father of the pride (nbc)
    good day live (syndication)
    grounded for life (wb)
    hawaii (nbc)
    home delivery (syndication)
    jane pauley show, the (syndication)
    jonny zero (fox)
    last comic standing (nbc)
    model citizens (pax)
    mountain, the (wb)
    my big fat obnoxious fiance (fox)
    n.y.p.d. blue (abc)
    next great champ, the (fox)
    north shore (fox)
    osbournes, the (mtv)
    point pleasant (fox)
    second verdict (pax)
    star trek: enterprise (upn)
    third watch (nbc)
    tru calling (fox)
    who's your daddy? (fox)
    wild card (lifetime)
    will, the (cbs)
    wwe heat (spike_tv)
    wwe raw (spike_tv)
    wwe velocity (spike_tv)

• Advertisement

ElNino wrote:
    everybody loves raymond (cbs)
    grounded for life (wb)
    third watch (nbc)

Those shows were great... pity about them...

Is wrestling being cancelled altogether? Seems like all the shows are there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oh how I hate raymond.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Both shows have been axed by their respective networks,dont care about PP since it was just plain boring,but 3rd Watch is great and they wont have enough time to wrap up the storylines now.

Yes, C4 and RTE never gave 3rd Watch much support over this side of the atlantic. Would have got into if it had been man handle by Network 2 orginally, interrupt for Gone To The Dogs or something and then put to the graveyard slots over on RTE 1. C4 put out at 3am with double episodes. Why?

As for PP, didn't look all that interesting.

Grounded for Life is another show RTE buys but shows at 1am as does ITV, again why?

As for Ray. Well I thought it was easy going family comedy, but not a regular viewer. Certainly not worth the kind of Money Ray Ramano gets paid for it. He got more money then Friends, Fraiser and Seinfeld. Again Why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

tru calling has been temporarily saved, they've stopped production on it, but they're going to air the rest of the filmed episodes.

i LOVED 3rd watch when i managed to watch it, excellent characterisation and actors.
    dead like me was fantastic during its first season, but got crap during its second, real shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

herobear wrote:
    tru calling has been temporarily saved, they've stopped production on it, but they're going to air the rest of the filmed episodes.

The six episodes filmed for Season 2 have been aired already on Australian TV and are on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Pity about 'Last Comic Standing'... I actually enjoyed catching this (on Comedy Central?) when I was in the U.S... they were running a marathon one night... my friend and I stayed up until about 4am watching it if I recall...

Pity.

Some good shows getting the axe alright,and some crap shows sticking around...can anyone actually stand Joey?? :p

anyway,you should watch 3rd Watch on thursday after the west wing,even if you have never seen it before,i only go into last season,and i can tell you this season premiere just kicks ass,its really really cool,brilliant gun fight in the ER....and one of the 3rd watch will make the ultimate sacrifice....dun dun dun,or so the trailer said :D

really though,tv at its best,watch it!

Oh how I hate raymond.
    But.... but everyone loves Raymond :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Thank **** point pleasant was axed. Such a god-awful load of ****e. Never have i seen such terrrible acting outside of soap operas.

bopper wrote:
    Thank **** point pleasant was axed. Such a god-awful load of ****e. Never have i seen such terrrible acting outside of soap operas.

wasnt it just really boring? i watched for 4 eps to see if anything would actually happen but then I gave up! really bad. and to think Channel 4 put off showing Lost for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

No...they put off 'Lost' so that the fairly popular Desperate Housewives could run in the same timeslot, so that Lost could start there in August and - consequently - the next season of DH could take up the timeslot again later in the year/next year. Thus ensuring a year-round 'popular' slot for Channel 4, much like their Friday nights used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

my god that's some list of cancelled shows...there are one or two i enjoyed watching there.

PP annoyed me....just seemed too cloy and unexciting.

Really loved Third watch but in the end i kept missing shows as they'd be on at some weird hour or changed without notice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

The cops on third watch were good - but the bloody whinging lame-ass firefighters made it unwatchable - had it just been a cop show it would still be on.

steveland? wrote:
    But.... but everyone loves Raymond :eek:
    [his brothers voice] Not Me! [/his brothers voice]

• Advertisement

OFDM wrote:
    The cops on third watch were good - but the bloody whinging lame-ass firefighters made it unwatchable - had it just been a cop show it would still be on.

firefighters havnt been in it for the last 2 seasons (5 and 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I didnt like Point Pleasant at first but i have enjoyed the last few episodes... i noticed that E4 didnt show it last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Third Watch was great, and I mean early ER great, in its first two series, but then the writers went mad or something, and the show got a bad case of cameo-itis, and tbh were it not for 9/11 the show would have been cancelled long ago.

I really hate when a quality (drama/thriller)show starts to become a soap, and unfortunately that's what happened to TW!

just watch tonight,it is a brilliant ep...except is running late,the west wing was half an hour late starting,what is with RTE? was their an extended news program or what?

tvnutz wrote:
    just watch tonight,it is a brilliant ep...except is running late,the west wing was half an hour late starting,what is with RTE? was their an extended news program or what?
    I think it was late because of the Pope news bulletin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

Scrubs Season 4 (already showing on RTE) will replace Point Pleasent on E4 starting with a double bill on Wednesday 13th April at 9.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

ahh . i thought they would show the last few episodes of Point Pleasent even thought it was axed in the states.

gazzer wrote:
    ahh . i thought they would show the last few episodes of Point Pleasent even thought it was axed in the states.
    It could have been axed mid-season.

anyone watch 3rd watch?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

tvnutz wrote:
    Some good shows getting the axe alright,and some crap shows sticking around...can anyone actually stand Joey?? :p

Um, I read somewhere that joey is being cancelled. It is god awful tripe. I tried watching it, I'd say I stuck it out longer than most, but GOD!!!!! I hope the networks don't give it 1 last push, but it is bleeding viewers each week.

Oh and Six Feet Under is filming it's last series.

Advertisement