Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you support the reintroduction of the wolf into Ireland?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

The wolves never died out in Ireland.

Nowadays they call themselves "businessmen".

See:
    http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BLD/BLD136/three-businessmen-standing_~dl_k16_0104.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Donegal has many forestry areas and a thriving wild deer population.

The farmers would riot:)

Kiith wrote: »
    arent wolves in general found in more of a woodland habitat. donegals nothing but hills and...well more hills. wolves are cool animals, but i can see a mass gathering of farmers hunting them down, for attacking betsy, or dolly, or whatever the cool sheep are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They should re-introduce all the hot women that the vikings stole.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sorella wrote: »
    Donegal has many forestry areas and a thriving wild deer population.

The farmers would riot:)

Make it a condition of their REPS payments :D

• Advertisement

We owe a lot to wolves.

Rome for instance:

http://photos.3scape.net/pic/1830

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

It may be worth investigating but I suspect that I would oppose them for being too dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

jeez this thread is old...

considering domesticated German Shepperd Dogs have to be on a leash and muzzled in public, I think wolves have a fat chance of getting the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aliloop

wolves arent dangerous. they would be a great tourist attraction. they would bring back some of irelands wildness :) people would be encouraged to go to the country to see them. they would increase biodiversity. wolves are less dangerous than dogs and most people i know would be delighted to see them back. we just need to spread awareness and increase national park sizes a little first.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aliloop

Húrin wrote: »
    It may be worth investigating but I suspect that I would oppose them for being too dangerous.
    they arent actuallly dangerous, unless you're a sheep, the recorded number of wold attacks ever in history is less than 10. wolves are shy and gentler than dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Don't think foxs are dangerous either having helped one out of a snare (with gloves on), but they get shot as vermin just the same so i wouldnt hold out much hope for the wolves, lovely cuddly creatures that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

aliloop,

Please don't drag up old threads unless there's a very good reason for doing so. In most cases, it's a better idea to start a new thread.

Ta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement