Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round the Twist

Options
  • 22-03-2005 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

Who remembers this? In Austrailia? In the Lighthouse?

Much better than Eerie Indiana IMO.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

classic show! ah god the memories

have ya ever, ever felt like this when strange things happen and yer goin round the twist......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Hooray! Nostalgia-ville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Episode 10- Know All

The Twists find a trunk full of old circus costumes and dress the scarecrow in a clown's outfit. But the scarecrow comes to life and chases Linda. Fortunately Dad, dressed as a fortune teller, sees and knows all.

Thats the episode that I remember most. Freaked me out it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Think I remember an episode where the boy lost his mouth - that part of his face got covered with skin or something - was a bit freaky alright.

I think one of the "2 pints of Lager" characters mentioned "round the twist" in one of the episodes - while talking to her aussie bf as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

remember one episode of that wacky show where they had a spaghetti eating contest of something..all i can end up remembering is someone puking the spaghetti all over the place :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Episode 12 - Without My Pants

hilarious episode - when Pete couldnt finish a sentence without saying the words without my pants, e.g "Miss, can i go home without my pants"

The clown one freaked me out as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

what was the name of the police officer that was always trying to catch them, he may not have been the police i could have altered memories

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The best one I saw was when Bronson was pi$$ed off that the dad was seeing the cop..Anyhoos the day invites the cop around for dinner and B tries to freak her out by being a messy eater and he eats his custard by sucking it up thru a chicken bone!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

lordgoat wrote:
    what was the name of the police officer that was always trying to catch them, he may not have been the police i could have altered memories

Yeah, i remember someone who was always after them as well some reason.
    Dont remember much else about it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I loved the ghosts in the attic...they were great. There was an episode where the twists had to direct a ghost ship back to shore so all the ghosts could finally be free...or something like that.

I loved the theme tune!

"If all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put me back together again, I'm singing rain rain go away come again another day. Have you ever,(ay-oh) ever felt like this? (ay ay) when strange things happen are you going round the twist?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

haha lmao, I used to love this show, it was so ****ed up; I even remember those episode with the spaghetti and the scary clowns!

I think it was one of those shows everyone said they hated, but secretly liked...

I used to wish I lived in a lighthouse, but nooo we had to have a normal one:rolleyes:

But only the first runs were good, I think the cast changed a few times? Except the da?

There were 3 changes in cast with the kiddies growing up. There were series in 1989, 1992, and two I haven't seen in 1998 & 1999.

There was a guy and his ma always out to get them or summit. They were like the Boss Hog of the village I think. They owned all the shops and the guy was after the same lady as the dad.

The guy used to hire the three bullies to ruin everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Wasn't there an episode, where they the girl got some weird shampoo that made her hair smell like sh!t but could let her hear what everyone was saying. I think she was doing some election crap! and the other candidate robbed the smelly shampoo and used too much and everyone could hear what he was saying.

I might be thinking of a different show here, its been so long since I seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

no that sounds like an episode I saw!!! Their enemy was Gribble - his dad was mayor(?)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kika_j

was just talking about this t'udder day with a group of friends. Nostalgia overload... then when this show ended I think the girl from it went to another Aussie Production called the Demonlord or something. She got in some mad wooden octagonal-shaped machine and went to some Aisian-styled world with portals and 9 year old emperors n stuff... anyone else or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

What about the one with the mermaid-boy whose dad kept him in a wheelchair before letting him swim off to sea? I think his dad had shagged a mermaid or summit. Ew, scaley!

Used to love the show though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kika_j

you can find the theme tune here

http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/g25/RTT.htm

Tho not like you forget it that quick... It's so damn catchy
    You've been warned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

kika_j wrote:
    was just talking about this t'udder day with a group of friends. Nostalgia overload... then when this show ended I think the girl from it went to another Aussie Production called the Demonlord or something. She got in some mad wooden octagonal-shaped machine and went to some Aisian-styled world with portals and 9 year old emperors n stuff... anyone else or is it just me?

Remember that show, that strange emperor kid with the funny haircut. Wasnt there some other crowd that had some sort of powers, shooting things from their fingers?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Did anyone see that episode with the machine that could duplicate anything, but did it backwards? They made duplicate rabbits and then they made a duplicate Linda, called Adnil... I think they were also having a race up and down the lighthouse stairs for a reason I can't remember...

Loved that show though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

oh how i loved watching this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Anyone ever read the books they were based on? I had those as a kid :)

'Episode 3: The Whirling Derfish

Everyone knows that Bronson will eat anything! But when he swallows a rare whirling derfish nobody could have guessed his willy would spin like a propeller and he would become a human outboard motor known as 'The Port Niranda Porpoise'

:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Anyone ever read the books they were based on? I had those as a kid :)
    Are you referring to the Paul Jennings books that were a collection of weird stories? the stories that stick in my mind the most are the ones about a ghost in a dunny (them krazee Australians) and the girl who's Dad teaches her all the wrong words (yes for no, no for yes, black for white) and she speaks all strange. Oh, and the one with the cat hat. They were SUCH strange books but I kinda liked them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

'Episode 3: The Whirling Derfish

Everyone knows that Bronson will eat anything! But when he swallows a rare whirling derfish nobody could have guessed his willy would spin like a propeller and he would become a human outboard motor known as 'The Port Niranda Porpoise'

:eek:

That's an episode I have to see :D

Fishie wrote:
    Are you referring to the Paul Jennings books that were a collection of weird stories? the stories that stick in my mind the most are the ones about a ghost in a dunny (them krazee Australians) and the girl who's Dad teaches her all the wrong words (yes for no, no for yes, black for white) and she speaks all strange. Oh, and the one with the cat hat. They were SUCH strange books but I kinda liked them

Yeah :) They had the double covers with the holes in them...front was normal, and when you opened it you saw the weird/funny picture underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 43,826 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Much better than Eerie Indiana IMO.

Yeah.. i remember 'Round The Twist' but you gotta be mad to think it was better than 'Eerie Indiana'

'Eerie Indiana' was a truly cult classic, whereas 'Round The Twist' was more of a kiddy type 'Goosebumps' show.

The one thing i remember about 'Round The Twist' was the truly woeful acting from everyone... whereas 'Eerie Indiana' had some great acting from all involved.

PS - Uhhhh... a new 4th series of 'Round The Twist'..... i weep for the future! :(

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. i remember 'Round The Twist' but you gotta be mad to think it was better than 'Eerie Indiana'

'Eerie Indiana' was a truly cult classic, whereas 'Round The Twist' was more of a kiddy type 'Goosebumps' show.

Funny you say this, because the exact opposite is true. Round the Twist was truly bizzare and hilarious, Eerie Indiana was like the sequel to Goosebumps.
    Basquille wrote:
    The one thing i remember about 'Round The Twist' was the truly woeful acting from everyone... whereas 'Eerie Indiana' had some great acting from all involved.

Yeah- I can picture it now- you were what, 10, 11 when it was on terrestrial Irish t.v.? "Ma, the acting on this show is for crap, can I have a biscuit?"

Also, ten out of ten for sweeping statements there, "great acting from all involved." Bull- there was just as much crap acting as alright on Eerie Indiana- all it needed was a laugh track sometimes.
    Basquille wrote:
    PS - Uhhhh... a new 4th series of 'Round The Twist'..... i weep for the future! :(

PS - I understand that you've been brainwashed by large budget mass produced Americanised television, which is why you can't appreciate the innovative charm of Round the Twist, and this is why you think that Eerie Indiana is the one with "cult status", but there is no need to rude.

By all means, have your opinion, but come on, this is all things retro, not After Hours, let's not start a flame war. The people who have posted on this thread all enjoyed Round the Twist too.

I can think of better reasons to weep for the future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Christ, i remember watching that after coming in from school, I was about 6 at the time, jesus it was so bloody surreal. I think I remember an episode where the kids went into the forest and found loads of giant mad mushrooms, i think it had something to to with toxic waste ( just me, or a theme in all kids shows in the early 90's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

Wasn't there an episode were the older brother had a special lipstick that made him irresistible to women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That clown one was really scary. Chasing the kids around the lighthouse. the aussies made a good few children's programmes back in the day like 'halfway across the galaxy and turn left', 'Tomorrow's Girl' (or the girl from Tomorrow,i Cant remember), 'Pugwall', Skippy and 'A country Practice'. Well I know the last one isnt a kids programme but I remember watching that before the News came on at 6 oclock...oh oh no sorry 6:01, cant foget the angelus!!! :)

Advertisement