Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 on RTE

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

even Furlong as an adult is annoying...

have you ever seen Carnivale?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

even Furlong as an adult is annoying

Yeah I have to agree.

I thought that like most guys Furlong would grow out of the Breaking voice pitch, but he never did.

He's like Chistian Bale, Mr. Bale will always be that annoying kid from that film. (Land of the Rising Sun???? Also starred John Malcovich).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Elmo wrote:
    Yeah I have to agree.

I thought that like most guys Furlong would grow out of the Breaking voice pitch, but he never did.

He's like Chistian Bale, Mr. Bale will always be that annoying kid from that film. (Land of the Rising Sun???? Also starred John Malcovich).

empire of the sun i think it was,speilberg ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

throwing in my 2 cents.

t3 was a throw away sequel which while entertaining threw up on and kicked everything the original films stood for.

The whole point of terminator 1 and 2 was that the future was unwritten and that they could change the future. Terminator 3 p*ssed on this with its, we cant change the future just survive ending. (one could cry right wing left wing conflict here but i cant be arsed)

Also Battle Angel, Cameron's next big film will hopefulyl be amazing (big fan of manga series)

gnight (morningh|)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The whole point of terminator 1 and 2 was that the future was unwritten and that they could change the future. Terminator 3 p*ssed on this with its, we cant change the future just survive ending

How come Judgement Day (T2) is blamed on the finding of the remains of the orginal Terminator?

As they said they just posponded it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why didnt they just send back a terminator to kill sarah connor as a baby. problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Erm... why didn't they just send back an ARMY OF TERMINATORS to get her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    The whole point of terminator 1 and 2 was that the future was unwritten and that they could change the future. Terminator 3 p*ssed on this with its, we cant change the future just survive ending.

Much and all as I hate defending this **** film, I think the point of that was that it was inevitible simply sue to advances in technology,

imo I agree with ye, it was a pretty lazy premise to drag up the series and make the third film 'relevant'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    why didnt they just send back a terminator to kill sarah connor as a baby. problem solved

They didn't know her parent's name. Remember Arnie used the phonebook to locate her as it was the only reference point. So they'd have to wait till she was a certain age and easy to find down (yeah, they could also have looked up birth records...). Or maybe they could only jump back a short number of years?

Imagine if it was possible... Baby's Big Day Out 2: Judgment Day....
    dearg_doom wrote:
    Erm... why didn't they just send back an ARMY OF TERMINATORS to get her?
    Well in the original the rebels were storming the base so they only got one rthough. Dunno why not more for T2 or T3 though - maybe the strain is too much?
    blitzkreig wrote:
    The whole point of terminator 1 and 2 was that the future was unwritten and that they could change the future. Terminator 3 p*ssed on this with its, we cant change the future just survive ending. (one could cry right wing left wing conflict here but i cant be arsed)
    Hmm didn't Reese say in the original that he didn't actually know how it worked? That the mechanics of it were lost to him but that he presumed the future wasn't set in stone? In fact all he was generally trying to do was keep her alive and preserve his future. It was only T2 that decided we could shift it off its course...

Advertisement