Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 on RTE

Options
  • 14-03-2005 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

I saw an ad for Terminator 3 on RTE this Thursday, but I've had Sky Digital for a while and I remember it being on Box Office but not Sky Movies. I always thought movies went Cinema->DVD->Box Office->Sky Movies->RTE/NET2/TV3 etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Maybe they didnt want to show it cos it was crap?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Ive never seen the film and seeing that was a bit of a shock, might watch it just so i can form an opinion of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Winters wrote:
    Maybe they didnt want to show it cos it was crap?
    that hasn't stopped them yet, has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It wasn't as bad as what everyone said it was. For a sequel it was good. Not as good as the orginal movies but we knew that.

I am just suprised that they moved the movie to RTE One for St. Paddy's Day.

Maybe Sky don't hold the rights to T3. Anyway how old is it. 2 years sounds about right for Network TV.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's a very quick turnaround and I'm not sure why given it wasn't cheap to make. FWIW, if you haven't seen it then you should check it out. I quite enjoyed it and it had some pretty decent moments in it. Not a classic, but then I think T2 is over-rated anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Its a pity Arnie didn't make it sooner before he started looking like Mr. Wilson
    Not as good as the first two but worth watching.
    The lokenator isn't great as the T-X imo
    The sequence with the crane is one of the highlights. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

i agree,it was never going to be as good as the other 2, i never expected that,but its entertaining.also the new John Conner is a great actor,Nick Stahl,aka Ben Hawkins from Carnivale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Kazaanova wrote:
    I saw an ad for Terminator 3 on RTE this Thursday, but I've had Sky Digital for a while and I remember it being on Box Office but not Sky Movies. I always thought movies went Cinema->DVD->Box Office->Sky Movies->RTE/NET2/TV3 etc.
    It was on channel 5 (or FIVE:rolleyes: ) a good while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's a horrible horrible film. As a huge fan of the first two movies I'm glad it adds something to the arc of the Terminator story but Nick Stahl and Claire Daines are unengaging and Arnie gives off the vibe that he only even did the film to help his get his image back in the public domain in order to help his ambition to become Govenor of Kal-ee-fohr-nee-ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I quite liked it. I never liked Terminator 2 though. All that stuff with the Terminator learning to be human was simply horrible.

Apparently everyone is being cut out of the cast for Terminator 4. Nick Stahl doesn't seem too pleased about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Apparently everyone is being cut out of the cast for Terminator 4. Nick Stahl doesn't seem too pleased about that.
    Yeh, Sarah Conner's actress (is it proper to call women actresses these days?) quit right after 2 so she's never coming back and Arnie's a bit old and governmental. New blood i guess is the only way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I love these movies, was such a shame it took em 11 years after T2 to make T3. Its not the best of the 3 but then sequels never are, but it has its moments, certainly was entertaining.

The movie came out in the US summer 2 years ago, so its about right for RTE to have the rights to show it at this stage.

Pigman II wrote:
    It's a horrible horrible film. As a huge fan of the first two movies I'm glad it adds something to the arc of the Terminator story but Nick Stahl and Claire Daines are unengaging and Arnie gives off the vibe that he only even did the film to help his get his image back in the public domain in order to help his ambition to become Govenor of Kal-ee-fohr-nee-ah.

i prefered Nick Stahl to that other whining runt from the 2nd one,every time he talked his voice just went right through my head i wanted to hit the little twat!lol has anyone been watching carnivale this year!? brilliant stuff. and claire daines is hot...shhhhhh! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

i thought the car chase in it was one of best in a long time, i think thats where the $180m went...it was throw-away stuff i thought,
    they should have found some way to have arnie be the same t800 that was in T2, i know he was melted in the end but at least there wouldve been some kind of continuation with john and arnie's relationship....

btw, has season 2 of carnivale started yet? i didnt see season 1 but i heard great things, must get it on dvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

something to watch when i get in from work on Thursday night i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

ok, seriously, T3 sucks donkey balls! its so ****!ng cheesy its just not funny! I mean the director did a worse job on that film than all of Paul W. S. Anderson's films put together!

I love these movies, was such a shame it took em 11 years after T2 to make T3. Its not the best of the 3 but then sequels never are, but it has its moments, certainly was entertaining.

1984 was the orginal film so I mean its only a few year later.

I still think the orginal film is the best. I mean I think T2 was good, special effects and everything but the orginal was very dark.

The first and second movies connected more then the 3rd, and that is the main problem with the 3rd movie, however it does tie things up well.
    Yeh, Sarah Conner's actress (is it proper to call women actresses these days?) quit right after 2 so she's never coming back and Arnie's a bit old and governmental. New blood i guess is the only way

I don't think, when you don't even know the name of the actress (It okay to a call them that) who play Sarah Conner, that she refused not to do the 3 movie. She was married to James Cameron.

Her name

Linda Hamilton.
    i prefered Nick Stahl to that other whining runt from the 2nd one,every time he talked his voice just went right through my head i wanted to hit the little twat

Yeah I hate Edward Furlong too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Yeah T3 was teh ****E

It was so corny having the 'big thing' about it was Arnie's enemy was a GIRL teminator.. SHOCK how the **** could a girl be a terminator.

Horses have crapped better scripts!

And I remember getting all excited when all the rumors that it was going to be a good Arnie Vs. bad Arnie type situ. Now that would have been slick.

Oh and Linda Hamilton (Sarah Conner in T1/2) quit when she divorced Cameron, didn't she?

Rcuomo wrote:
    i thought the car chase in it was one of best in a long time, i think thats where the $180m went...it was throw-away stuff i thought,
    they should have found some way to have arnie be the same t800 that was in T2, i know he was melted in the end but at least there wouldve been some kind of continuation with john and arnie's relationship....

btw, has season 2 of carnivale started yet? i didnt see season 1 but i heard great things, must get it on dvd

it hasnt started here yet...brilliant show though,you should get the dvd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Saw it for the first time last night, thought it was ok actually. Heard all the reviews about it and was quite shocked as it was watchable.

• Advertisement

I think the problem many had with this sequel were:

1. Corny and bad in jokes, "Talk to the Hand" (Trying to go back to the whole Astal Vista(sp?) Baby learning in T2, "She'll be Back" and "I'm Back", the star sunglasses and the Doctor's Cameo Role from T1 and 2.
    2. Not as dark as the last films.
    3. Linda Hamilton and Arnie where the last movies. So Linda was missed.
    4. Clare Danes took over from the Sarah Connors Character of the First Movie, Nick Stall took over from the Sarah Connors Character of the second movie and his fathers character in the 1st movie.
    5. It seemed to copy the last two film with no real imagination.

But yes watchable and very much ties up the franchise.

However I cann't see a 4th movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Not bad at all - the in-jokes weren't too bad, I've seen worse - didn't recognise the scenes used in a recent episode of Smallville.

If Arnold doesn't get re-elected and James Cameron decides to direct a 4th movie it could be interesting - would actually get to see how the machines get defeated, and no more time travel crap needed.

And I'm glad they got rid of the gay shít Furlong for the John Connor role...

Apparently T4 and T5 are in pre-production...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

1. Corny and bad in jokes, "Talk to the Hand" (Trying to go back to the whole Astal Vista(sp?) Baby learning in T2, "She'll be Back" and "I'm Back", the star sunglasses and the Doctor's Cameo Role from T1 and 2.
    2. Not as dark as the last films.
    3. Linda Hamilton and Arnie where the last movies. So Linda was missed.
    4. Clare Danes took over from the Sarah Connors Character of the First Movie, Nick Stall took over from the Sarah Connors Character of the second movie and his fathers character in the 1st movie.
    5. It seemed to copy the last two film with no real imagination.
    Thats exactly what I think too.
    They seemed to rehash many of the scenarios of the earlier films.
    T2 is the best.
    What is James Cameron doing now ?
    I hope they dont make a 4th film.
    It would be a disaster.

OFDM wrote:
    Not bad at all - the in-jokes weren't too bad, I've seen worse - didn't recognise the scenes used in a recent episode of Smallville.

If Arnold doesn't get re-elected and James Cameron decides to direct a 4th movie it could be interesting - would actually get to see how the machines get defeated, and no more time travel crap needed.

And I'm glad they got rid of the gay shít Furlong for the John Connor role...

Apparently T4 and T5 are in pre-production...

i thought that was so cheap and tacky how smallville took that scene directly from T3,what else did i expect from this horrible season.

and i agree,I thought Nick Stahl was much better than Furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote:
    and i agree,I thought Nick Stahl was much better than Furlong.
    Hmmmm.. you wouldn't just think that being a Carnivale fan, would you TVNutz? ;)

Just kidding!

Being a massive fan of the original Terminator films.. i went to see T3 the first night in the cinema. Came out of it hearing people generally say they were impressed. I wanted to SMACK THEM with all my might!

The film, in my opinion, is a travesty!

As it's been mentioned before, it really needed Linda Hamilton! But the biggest deciding factor was releasing a new film from a franchise that was originally 18's as a PG.. which seems to be happening fair bit with these sorta duds nowadays (Alien Vs Predator.. this means you!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What is James Cameron doing now ?
    Battle Angel, a big screen version of the Manga comic-book series, 'Battle Angel Alita'. Rough plot description:

Set in the 26th century, the story takes place 300 years after a societal collapse caused by a major war. In that society, it's a technological dark age following a pinnacle of achievement far beyond where we are right now. Cyborg technology is a way of life. People are augmented a lot as workers, so being a cyborg is not unusual. The main character is a cyborg. She has an organic human brain, and she looks like she's about fourteen years old. She has a completely artificial body and she's lost her memory. She is found in a wreckage and reconstituted by a cyber-surgeon who becomes her surrogate father.

So he's back to his roots of big sci-fi. IIRC, he plans to try and use some advanced form of 3D technology for this too...

basquille wrote:
    Hmmmm.. you wouldn't just think that being a Carnivale fan, would you TVNutz? ;)

Just kidding!

Being a massive fan of the original Terminator films.. i went to see T3 the first night in the cinema. Came out of it hearing people generally say they were impressed. I wanted to SMACK THEM with all my might!

The film, in my opinion, is a travesty!

As it's been mentioned before, it really needed Linda Hamilton! But the biggest deciding factor was releasing a new film from a franchise that was originally 18's as a PG.. which seems to be happening fair bit with these sorta duds nowadays (Alien Vs Predator.. this means you!)

i wasnt expecting much because it was the 3rd movie and it was rated 12's compared to the orginal being 18's. Linda Hamilton was missed indeed,but it was enjoyable,no way as good as the other 2,but not terrible either.

and yes carnivale rocks dont you agree!!!lol he is great in it(carnivale),as are most of the actors come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't seen Carnivale. One show i really wanted to get into but never had a chance.

Might buy the Season 1 boxset if it comes down in price a bit and start watching Season 2 when it comes here (think it starts on Bravo in September)

basquille wrote:
    Haven't seen Carnivale. One show i really wanted to get into but never had a chance.

Might buy the Season 1 boxset if it comes down in price a bit and start watching Season 2 when it comes here (think it starts on Bravo in September)

ill tell ye now,its an amazing show. if you dont like slow shows,then you wont like season 1,because it is like an introduction you read in a book.all 12 eps are just that small intro and then season 2 just throws you into it and its amazing. season 2 was on FX289 last year so i presume thats what it will be on again.unless TG4 get it first. its expensive dvd,but if you like intelligent and really confusing shows that pose more questions than they answer(lost comes to mind) then you will like this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

I just don't understand some of ye...

How can you compare Furlong and Stahl... firstly one of them was 14(or whatever) when he did the part, and in T2 he was supposed to be vapid and vacant. It was 1991, we were all like that! Even in Ireland.

Plus your man in T3's performance was crap, and Miss Danes did nothing too impressive either.

If Cameron doesn't do the next one, I hope Uwe Boll or someone does it, so we'll all know to give it a miss:rolleyes:

Advertisement