Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ja rule in march

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

You serious about that?

Yup - new Ja Rule track was released a lil while back & it was put out under the name 'LOKI' - NOT Ja Rule..... nothing's been announced from Tha Inc - but it wouldn't suprise me if Ja pulled a 'Pac & switched up his name....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I'm not so much bothered by the change itself but the name...Loki...wtf....
    Loki ... do you reckon he knows the meaning of irony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

loki, i cant belive that but hey whats he to loose even with a hit like new york he didnt sell to well.

As for the concert it was very very good. He was really interacting with the crowd and had everyone singing along and waving hands in the usual hip hop way but he did a really good job i was suprised how energetic he was. He only played the 3 singles from the new album and mainly played all his old stuff, best of all it was at least an hour (of ja) if not more. Really good night best gig ive been to in a while hope nas is as good thursday.

Only complaint was the irish rappers on before hand but anyone who knows me will know id not like that part. Heard someone saying something bout collie but not sure waited in the bar till it was all over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lizzy

Hey Kristok,
    Quick question: who was the guy on stage with ja the whole time? It's killing me!:confused:
    Cheers!

Someone asked me that last night too i dont think he was anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Lamar wrote:
    the majority of people whether they admit it r not dont like ja rule cos those fags eminem and 50 dont like him...
    if u guys actually listened to his music ud see that hes a great rapper...especially those tunes that he has done with hussein fatal.

i personally dont like him because hes one of the most talentless people on the planet, is a tupac(who wasnt even that good in the first place) wannabe, and has never brought out a good tune in his life. But thats just me.

Oh and he has an annoying 'tache

Well for one of the most talentless people on the planet he seems to be doing pretty good for himself.

How is he a 2pac wannabe ? id love to know is it cause he shaved his head and raps ? cause its not his voice or what he raps about so all your doing is repeating what 50 cent says about him unless you actually have another reason for saying that.

How many recycled 2pac verses does he have on his albums?? He went on hot 97 and said he'd be "riding" with 2pac if he was still alive, despite having never even met him and said pac was "here" when mocking dmx and the only reason he's being seen with hussein fatal + suge knight all the time is so people will think he has some tenuous link to tupac.

and as for your first point since when were record sales ever a reflection of quality?

that enough reasons?

Record sales are no reflection of talent, anyone can get one hit record but if its rubbish noone will buy the next one and he is on album 6 now and only reason hes not selling as much anymore is cause of the 50 factor.

When he said yall wanna see pac hes here, ja was talking about the fact that people keep saying he wants to be pac, all your doing is taking his words out of context.

He is "riding" with suge and fatel not cause he wanted to be pac but because he made a bad decision and aligned himself with suge due to a mutual dislike for aftermath family and thinking he was going to be big again but that never worked out. Hes never tried to make anyone think he was 2pacs best friend he just tried to show respect to someone who made a big impact in rap and who has allot of fans who appricate haering people keep his memory alive.

Well if thats your reason then every rapper who borrows a verse from another rapper is trying to be them. He robs more verses from biggie than he does 2pac, everyone robs bits and pieces from other artists that in no way means they want to be them its a sign of respect. Why is he not trying to be biggie ? hes done a vid with puffy and faith evans, he uses big verses and his beats, he has one of bigs girlfriends signed to his label, and used to be considered a jay z protige who himself was considered bigs. Its so stupid it was funny 2 years ago cause he was so popular but now its just stupid and noone other than 50 dick riders say ish like that anymore, oh and you.

• Advertisement

christ. have you and him set a date?

so is that code for you dont have an answer, and no we didnt set a date yet but it will be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Why do you equate everything bad said about Ja Rule back to 50 Cent, even when 50 Cent hasn't been mentioned once?
    You have some complex about it it seems.

why, because he is the reason ja's career went down hill or maby ive a big complex over it and its all up in my head. Im not a 50 or ja fan im a rap fan and its stupid when people make uneducated comments about anyone and then back it up with pointless reasons. I dont care if that dude likes him or not but actually have a reason if your going to say something.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

He's a pretty weak rapper who changed his style and image to appeal to teenage girls. He sells lots of records because there's lots of teenage girls out there. Better? I've had this view before 50 Cent came along.

as i already said im not bothered if anyone likes him or not im sure most people here dont, i agree with the fact that he changed his style to appeal a pop audience. But anyone who is claiming he is like 2pac is just repeating what other people said.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Yeah for the record I have no real problem if someone likes him or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

Kristok wrote:
    Well for one of the most talentless people on the planet he seems to be doing pretty good for himself.

How is he a 2pac wannabe ? id love to know is it cause he shaved his head and raps ? cause its not his voice or what he raps about so all your doing is repeating what 50 cent says about him unless you actually have another reason for saying that.

lol i never thought i would agree with kristok...o well i agree with him 100% bout the above..........................

Repeating what other people said? i forgot its impossible for more than one person to share the same opinion on something, sorry.

But seriously, Why do you like ja rule in fairness? every song he does is ****! cmon Always on time?, mesmerise?, thug lovin? cmon you can't honestly say you like them can you? New york was good but only because of the beat and the fat joe and jadakiss verses. Thats the only decent song He ever had.

Changing his style? when did the change take place? wasnt his first single Holla, holla the most derivative radio friendly pap ever? If you want to hear ja rule any bit hardcore listen to "Time to build" with mic geronimo dmx and jay-z which id guarantee 99.9% of his fans never heard in their lives!!

Evzer wrote:
    But seriously, Why do you like ja rule in fairness? every song he does is ****! cmon Always on time?, mesmerise?, thug lovin? cmon you can't honestly say you like them can you?

So then you dont have an answer to why he is like 2pac then. Not interested in getting into why i like ja rule in fairness your just changing the subject cause you dont have an answer to your stupid regurgitated 50cent comment.

• Advertisement

Yes i do have many reasons why he is a tupac death row wannabe apart from the ones ive outlined above. What about all the biblical references in his tunes and on his cd? his bandanas\tattoed torso? he's even trying to look like tupac the name of his ****in label. Murder inc wanna be death row so badly its not even funny the even changed there name to tha inc. after death row changed it to you guessed it...tha row. His videos. the reign with him getting shot at the end and the flashing pictures of tupac? such a rip of i aint mad at cha. i could go on but it seems pointless since your a bit of a ja fan-boy and for the record i dont even listen to 50 cent, i'd put him in the same poppy bland league as ja rule.

bandanas\tattoed torso, biblical references in his tunes and on his cd ?!? so that would be pretty much every rapper then. Right so from the outset when irv setup murder inc his whole purpose was to make it seem like death row. Do you even know what murder inc actually means in the historical context ?!?

Next youll be saying there is a part on some dvd where 2pac music is played while ja is on screen proof that he wants to be 2pac. You really havnt a clue at all.

The orignal version of pain is on one of those makaveli cds its pretty good if you want it let me know.

Never said you didnt know your 2pac just thought you might not have heard the orignal one seeing as you said you wished he wasnt on it (which he wasnt in the orignal)

Well as i said before i wouldnt pay 50 to see him because im not the biggest ja rule fan but when i got given a ticket to go for free i snapped it up cause he has had some good albums and some great songs and as it turned out he puts on a great show and if he does ever come over again id probably go again. It reminded me of the xzibit concert i went to years ago which had that same energy to it.

Yes i do know what murder inc was a mafia murder squad in the 30's and i have no clue? i'd say i have more hiphop knowledge in my left nad than 90% of the people on this board put together. Go back to **** over the source willya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

dude, if this place is so beneath you kindly fúck off.
    k thks bye

sorry i was only venting im not a prick really ja rule fans just totally piss me off. like guinness i'm not bitter

Advertisement