Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Rap Tune of All Time

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

When your 15 and tryna get your hole with a song in the background about teenage pregnancy and broken homes they are,er,even more sh1te

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stroller_burn

Can't Touch this by MC Hammer. Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

i dunno about that now!!! that song is funny, how could you think thats worse than any rap song by an irish person!!! so crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

agreed, i change my vote anything by collie, city high have way too more talent in comparision.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

it has to be vanila ice ICE ICE BABY

YE CANT GET ANY WORSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

vanilla ice sounds like tupac when you compare him to irish rap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Some of Damien Dempsey's stuff on "They don't teach this **** in school" was pretty bad.

Getting down to that Irish and Jamican sound indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

Ay Cee wrote:
    I've no problem with personal preference but I think it's wrong to post as Hip Hop Fan and then post that last statement.

Yes I am aware I'm being pedantic.

Listen 2 their album nd if u tell me they r crap after words fine but listen 2 it coz me tinks its klass. Yes I am a hip-hop fan a huge 1 at dat.Hip-hop is about being different anyway and making a difference and being real and i like diferent types of hip-hop, city high being 1 of dem and if u'v a problem wit dat u can kiss my butiful a**

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

anything by Puffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Some of Damien Dempsey's stuff on "They don't teach this **** in school" was pretty bad.
    Agreed. I was listening to it the other day and wondering what the **** was going on. Some of it's pretty funny though.

Not that it's really hip hop....
    Hip-hop is about being different anyway and making a difference and being real and i like diferent types of hip-hop
    Damn, and I always thought Hip Hop was about mic skills, beats and wordplay.
    What an idiot I've been.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I was listening to it the other day and wondering what the **** was going on. Some of it's pretty funny though.

Not that it's really hip hop....

Damn, and I always thought Hip Hop was about mic skills, beats and wordplay.
    What an idiot I've been.

Ya that too but you cud have a killer beat and rap about a cup of tea and your rhyming could be unreal but i personally would like to listen to someone rap about something others are scared to talk about like Tupac did.He was an INDIVIDUAL and there will never be anybody like him.ESPECIALLY NOT 50cent who thinks hes pac coz he has 'beefs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ya that too but you cud have a killer beat and rap about a cup of tea and your rhyming could be unreal but i personally would like to listen to someone rap about something others are scared to talk about like Tupac did.He was an INDIVIDUAL and there will never be anybody like him.ESPECIALLY NOT 50cent who thinks hes pac coz he has 'beefs'.

tupac was a ****...

tupac was a ****...
    no that was just u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

so rhyming about a cup of tea isn't original and different now? Think before you type.

How bout you think before you type or just contribute once and a while in between flaming.

^ How about not taking the bait?
    The point is Tupac did rap about alot of stuff others had already done and he wasn't, imho, doing anything particularly revolutionary or breathtaking. His real life pushed him to the heights that he's reached, not his talent.

And my original point was that rap is fundamentally about wordplay, lyrics, beats etc. If your going to talk about "different" emcees, then surely you have to be talking about people like Aesop Rock and labels like Def Jux or Anticon, who have progressed Hip Hop into the future. Labels like Aftermath on the other hand are rehashing **** that's been done a thousand times to death and they don't bring anything new to the table. Its just contrived regurgated **** imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

FTA69 wrote:
    Shaquille O'Neill's track. *involuntary shudder*

I can see you love Shaquille O'Neil's vocal stylings. You might be interested in his greatest hits album...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3sq8g4jntvjz

Worst rap song? No, this is the worst thing ever to happen to rap.

Also, 50 cent's new song "Candy Shop" is ridiculous. In a bad way.

suppose that could work too :eek:

Kristok wrote:
    How bout you think before you type or just contribute once and a while in between flaming.
    Have you ever any thing positive 2 say.All you do is argue wit people.God you have sum issues.

The point is Tupac did rap about alot of stuff others had already done and he wasn't, imho, doing anything particularly revolutionary or breathtaking. His real life pushed him to the heights that he's reached, not his talent.

And my original point was that rap is fundamentally about wordplay, lyrics, beats etc. If your going to talk about "different" emcees, then surely you have to be talking about people like Aesop Rock and labels like Def Jux or Anticon, who have progressed Hip Hop into the future. Labels like Aftermath on the other hand are rehashing **** that's been done a thousand times to death and they don't bring anything new to the table. Its just contrived regurgated **** imho.
    So you think that 2pac was just a normal rapper?Who was nothing special?You've got 2 b s****ing me.I have never heard of Aesop Rock and dont plan 2 listen 2 him as i've I dont particularly think id like him as a person who thinks 2pac is a normal rapper likes him.
    Yes 2pac is original 2 me anyway maybe not 2 u. He didnt just rap about girls,money and cars he rapped about police brutality,young teenage mothers and important issues like homelessness and politics(people being shot is no longer original as 50cent decided 2 brag about being shot 9 times).That 2 me is original as I've never heard any other rapper do that and do that with a good flow and beats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

nothing comes close to cash in records by the lines of Samanth Fox - can't remember the name of the tune

hiphopfanno1, I was not talking about you but whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Anything coming out of the 'Cash Money Records' or 'No Limit Records' stables can pretty much qualify for 'Worst Rap Tune of All Time' in my books, or anything by Chingy or P-Diddy......

Although I have to say & I'm probably gonna get flamed crispy for saying this but 'Loyal To The Game' by 2pac is pure garbage - what the **** was Afeni thinking letting Em produce it????????????

Alot of the post-mortem "official" 2pac stuff produced has been garbage with a few VERY rare exceptions. Most of the best post-mortem stuff has been done by small producers on mix tapes..... the beats are more in keeping with the spirit on the tracks & closer to the originals of alot of stuff...... Mr Cynical's produced 2pac tracks in particular has been straight heat.....
    Labels like Aftermath on the other hand are rehashing **** that's been done a thousand times to death and they don't bring anything new to the table. Its just contrived regurgated **** imho.
    Couldn't agree more man - I was more impressed with the material & artists Dre was originally going to roll with on Aftermath back in '96 like King-T, Ruben Cruz, Hands-On, & Sharief. It's like Dre panicked & abandoned his vision & decided to 'play safe'......

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Yes 2pac is original 2 me anyway maybe not 2 u. He didnt just rap about girls,money and cars he rapped about police brutality,young teenage mothers and important issues like homelessness and politics(people being shot is no longer original as 50cent decided 2 brag about being shot 9 times).That 2 me is original as I've never heard any other rapper do that and do that with a good flow and beats.

For a start its hardly original, Public Enemy and Grandmaster Flash were on the social issues vibe back in the 80s
    Secondly, semi educated people who constantly chat about how much of a working mans hero Pac was are starting to get to me a little. They seem to be the same crowd who post "legalise weed" threads in AH every 19 minutes. One Pac song is all about ending violence,poverty,crack use in his community. The next is about dealing crack(stories which were largely untrue apparently) and shooting other blacks for the hell of it. Biggie Smalls wasnt on this- he admitted he was the bad guy, not some half Malcolm X half John Gotti guy. If you ask me much of Pacs social stuff was rather cheesy
    Thirdly, the man was a nutbar, sorry but it must be said. He wasnt being opressed by the man- he was getting himself into trouble by acting the fool. He managed to get himself into a gunbattle in which a 6 year old bystander was killed. Weed induced paranoia meant he went around needlessly picking fights with NY guys, and his behaviour probably ended up getting Biggie Smalls killed. He lead a gang of guys who beat some death row artist so badly he claims it brought on his cancer. Im sorry but Tupac is like that friend everyone has who is alright when hes sober but starts fights when hes drunk for no good reason
    As for post death releases, Pac albums had filler when he was alive, id be suspicious of the quality of post death stuff. Makaveli 7 Day Theory was alright, but it was basically a work in progress at the time of his death, rather than old sh1te not good enough for AYOM.

Decent artist but the guy was a few sandwiches short. Neither had ODB mind.....but at least his behaviour was generally more humourous than anything.

Lastly on this issue......4 FUK SAKE KWT TYPN TXT SPK K COS IT RIL STPD LKN AND DFKLT 2 RED
    Lord, text speak is ridicilous enough in a text message what with predictive text unless your tryna save space, never mind when you have a keyboard with no limit on characters

To be honest 2pac was a contradiction but we all are at times and he just let everyone see all his sides and not just one side of him. His troubles where never really his own doing, the rape charge was brought on him, he won a load of money in a settlement for being beat up by the police for no reason and he was aquited for shooting off duty cops cause they where drunk, and he was nuts on the weed but wouldnt you be if you where being accused of rape and it looked like you where going to jail. Its true that he has been adopted by the weed heads who think 2pac and aslan are gods but that really is besides the point he was in my opinion the best rapper because of his personality as much as his talent which was far better than anything coming out these days.

I gotta agree with venom 100% that loyal to the game was poor, out on bail was my favourite unreleased song and it got slaughtered by em.

personality as much as his talent which was far better than anything coming out these days.
    Figure we'll have to live with disagreeing on that, as hard as that may be...

As for Dre, it takes a serious amount of effort to **** up with Rakim but Dre managed it.

Kristok wrote:
    To be honest 2pac was a contradiction but we all are at times and he just let everyone see all his sides and not just one side of him. His troubles where never really his own doing, the rape charge was brought on him, he won a load of money in a settlement for being beat up by the police for no reason and he was aquited for shooting off duty cops cause they where drunk, and he was nuts on the weed but wouldnt you be if you where being accused of rape and it looked like you where going to jail. Its true that he has been adopted by the weed heads who think 2pac and aslan are gods but that really is besides the point he was in my opinion the best rapper because of his personality as much as his talent which was far better than anything coming out these days.

I gotta agree with venom 100% that loyal to the game was poor, out on bail was my favourite unreleased song and it got slaughtered by em.

I completly agree for once :)

Figure we'll have to live with disagreeing on that, as hard as that may be...

Hey if we all agreed this would be a very boring place :-)

Dre really dropped the ball with rakim and king t for that.

Advertisement