Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats up with NTL BB tonight

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_1000774.shtml

I doubt they'll bother considering that they're selling off the irish network. Hopelly the group that does buy it will improve the service (Not to mention the speeds and Cap).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just letting you know while I was on the phone to them last night enquiring about getting an extra digital box for a fiver, i asked about the supposed increase in speeds in their broadband. It is not happening because they are in the middle of being bought out and that their network is completely different to the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭okden

late cheers to MickFarr :)

saved it for a wee bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Looks like they have fixed the problem; I noticed this because I was getting a problem checking the www.gcd.ie web site. When I removed the proxy server setting, everything was fine, including Hotmail.

P.

and an early cheers to oceanclub :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Nice one oceanclub! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Anyone getting slow DL tonight ?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Drapper wrote:
    Anyone getting slow DL tonight ?

D

Yup seems to be gone,was flying earlier on before six o clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

mad m wrote:
    Yup seems to be gone,was flying earlier on before six o clock.

strange......................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Tested mine on a download from microsofts website. Getting full speed on my connection no problem.

• Advertisement

im still getting the odd slower loading sites, that fly thru when i switch proxy
    i dont know enough about proxies to know if this is normal, is it? :confused:

i'm guessin the irish server lost its cache w/no backup and ntl are letting us build it backup slowly

anyone know if there is a firefox extension that allows you to switch between proxies quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

okden wrote:
    anyone know if there is a firefox extension that allows you to switch between proxies quickly
    Dunno - but you could try here

causal

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

okden wrote:
    im still getting the odd slower loading sites, that fly thru when i switch proxy
    i dont know enough about proxies to know if this is normal, is it? :confused:

i'm guessin the irish server lost its cache w/no backup and ntl are letting us build it backup slowly

Here ya go, I've a few mates who use this on their laptops in college, works great:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=125

casual,cult :) genii, nice extens

this thread mentioned two servers
    belf-cache-1.server.ntli.net
    and
    are they the same addy?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

IP address: 62.254.32.17
    Host name: belf-cache-1.server.ntli.net

Doesn't appear to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Over the last week my NTL has been all over the place. Takes ages to get a connection. Sometimes I have to reboot the modem 3 or 4 times. Then I can hit some sites but not others. Reboot modem, access restored.

What is going on with NTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It would be nice to think they are going through an "upgrade" process but more than likely not.

Advertisement