Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanna earn €20 an hour for an interview... read on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭r@t

well psi if you want to do it u can- that is good enough.

sully why don't you do it then either.

dlofnep wrote:
    And black people can't be racist? Typical crap..

actually i thought he was taking the piss when he said he was black, if he wants to do it he can e-mail me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ecksor wrote:
    Sully, I think he's looking for racists, not muppets.

Oh right sorry. My bad..

Someone refresh my memory, is there a book called "Racisists for Dummys"? Might help..

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

no but there should be one called "Spelling for Dummies". Sully should buy it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

IrishTW wrote:
    no but there should be one called "Spelling for Dummies". Sully should buy it

I wish :/

- Sully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just for the record R@T incitement to racism is against the law in Ireland.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I thought the law referred to incitement to hatred. Which law do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

if your really looking for racists...

the hive of racist scum on the net is here: www.stormfront.org

im sure some of them have webcams

+ i dont understand why an artist would want to interview racists, are they still lifes or something?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Originally posted by Banta Fodder

Just for the record R@T incitement to racism is against the law in Ireland.

I don't think he's inciting them if they readily admit to being racist in the first place. However, my biggest problem with the whole thing is this:
    Originally posted by r@t

it will only be seen in art galleries, probaly not even in this country.

Could somebody kindly explain to me how a video of a racist expounding his views on what's wrong with the country/world/whatever and what his perceived cause of said problems is art??? Seriously, all this "installation art" stuff is just a bunch of pretentious nonsense - how can anyone actually take it seriously? No doubt I'll be called a philistine for posting this, but this "art" is something I really find hard to get my head around.

simple zaph, they are con artists :p

i remember seeing a show about this modern art couple who actually employ other sculptures to do all the work for them, which they openly admit, but claim they came up with the ideas and plans so they deserve all the acclaim

• Advertisement

first of im am not inciting hatered. for that i would have to be racist myself and act on it (to be a racist is not a crime- in is the actions that follow) or be trying to persuade someone to be racist(and act on it). are people who interview murderers accused of murder i think not.

yes bounty some performance art is a load of bs but not all of it. and if you think it is it's because you know nothing about the subject.

and zaph art is hard to get your head around, i find it hard and im an artist. alot of art is complete bs- there no doubt

take a look at some of my painting and you can decide for you self if im full of bs-
    18448_171692.jpg

18448_171691.jpg

18448_171689.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

not sure why this is in the Waterford forum. Is there a reason?

because the person has to live in waterford

first impression: its strange :confused:

explain your modern art paintings plz

man my paintings are some of the easiest to understand. basicly they comment on society- interpert it any way you want. if you want to learn more i suggest you read a book about 20th-21st century art. there is far to much to explain here. anyway this is a bit off topic.

i suppose i get the first and last one being a comment about our society, but i dont get the 2nd one

go on spell it out to me ;) art just isnt my thing, in every test im 100% left side of the brain orinintated

how much € for your paintings?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv seen 2 of your paintings in the college in the new canteen, yeah? Plenty of racist peeps floating around Waterford problem is most of them wouldn't be able to turn on a PC let alone post here...

bounty wrote:
    i suppose i get the first and last one being a comment about our society, but i dont get the 2nd one

go on spell it out to me ;) art just isnt my thing, in every test im 100% left side of the brain orinintated

how much € for your paintings?

k so its based on politictsis basicly about nepitism- there is a td and an ex-td in the painting, it references a painting by carivaggio called "the calling of saint mattew" (if you want to know more about this google it)
    why such an interest in the meanings anyway?
    ya two of them are in wit i haven't seen them, where is the new canteen?
    prices vary hmmmm about €2000

Rew wrote:
    Iv seen 2 of your paintings in the college in the new canteen, yeah? Plenty of racist peeps floating around Waterford problem is most of them wouldn't be able to turn on a PC let alone post here...

any ideas on how i'd hire them for this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

• Advertisement

r@t wrote:
    ya two of them are in wit i haven't seen them, where is the new canteen?
    prices vary hmmmm about €2000

Hmm hard to describe. Its at the back on the Waterford Crystal side. Its near the new IT building. How well do you know the campus?

Healio wrote:

iif that was racism it was pretty weak. i need people with strong opinions on the matter. thanks anyway.

r@t wrote:
    any ideas on how i'd hire them for this then?
    Honestly... Im not sure. I try to avoide anyone like that and any iv come across through friends of friends I make sure not to bump in to again.

Rew wrote:
    Honestly... Im not sure. I try to avoide anyone like that and any iv come across through friends of friends I make sure not to bump in to again.
    i know what you mean. but as soon as you need one you can't find it... typical

If i were down in waterford i would help you out but i cant.

Rew wrote:
    Hmm hard to describe. Its at the back on the Waterford Crystal side. Its near the new IT building. How well do you know the campus?
    i studied there 4 years ago- can't remember much- i know were the dome bar is!!!.

Healio wrote:
    If i were down in waterford i would help you out but i cant.
    how could you help me out???

r@t wrote:
    i studied there 4 years ago- can't remember much- i know were the dome bar is!!!.
    Well if you can remember the main building and there is another building beside it (on the right when you facing the college) joined upstairs by an enclosed bridge? All the PC's used to be upstairs there in the "E" corridor. Anyway they knocked the back wall of that building through and you can walk straight through now and on the far side is the new Canteen. Depending on where you are you can see one or both of them.

They caught my eye because the people look very real (you could mistake it for a photograph at a distance) and the girl on watching the telly looks like a girl I was in college with. :)

I would do the interview

• Advertisement

Rew wrote:
    and the girl on watching the telly looks like a girl I was in college with. :)

your not the first person to say that- but it isn't its a girl i went to college with in cork.

indeed models for photographs to do paintings from are hard to find too.

Advertisement