Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooped earings; can they look good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 princess fluff

yep i think hoopy earings are mad!! :p they look reali well with a dressy outfit and with hair down, STAY AWAY FROM THE GOLD
    .....maby go wit thin white ones or sometin but not GOLD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Depends on how you wear them, if you're gonna wear them on a day to day basis, u'll be branded a scanger.

I dont have any but I'd wear a silver pair if i was jazzing up an outfit (i dress quite rock -chick when i'm out so I could get away with wearing them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

I love hoop earrings too i don't like thcik gold ones tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

dreadfully skangery. listen to your friend. they belong to professional pram pushers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

They made Jennifer Lopez look like a cheap hooker, why on earth would anyone else wear them?

AFAIC, they're fine if you're on the game. Otherwise, no self-respecting person should be seen dead in them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Whenever I see a girl wearing big hoopy earings i'm reminded of the joke
    'why do (whoever) wear hoopy earings ?
    For somewhere to put their ankles'

Ok, i didnt say it was a good joke but the image sticks.

it really does depend on how you wear them tho.Jlo wears them when she has her hair tied up and she def. does look like a hooker with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

as doc j says, they can look good, but not with a track suit.

ya i completly agree with chu on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

Since the first time I read this post and the obvious and overwhelming unenthusiastic response toward hoops, I have started to take note of women's ears wherever I may be (work, store, restaurant, etc). Hoops are very common on women of all ages here. Large, small, thick, thin, gold, silver, painted colors, plain, jeweled, everything!

Granted, the larger diameter and thicker hoops (especially with an engraved name) tend to be worn by a certain stereotype but not always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

*adele* wrote:
    i think they can look good,but the rest of you cannot contain an ounce of skanger

Bingo! I would have said "No hoops ever" until this week - hoops that are both nice and small, applied correctly can be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

hoops? are they made by adeeeedas or noyk or reebok, buts?
    in fairness, a girl of class can look damn hot with hooped earrings, but not knacker hoops, sorry, you need bleached hair and a champion sports privilege card if you want to wear them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

you can notice a knacker a mile away they the shine of the earrings...plus they sit on there shoulders, there so heavy and big. its just stupid...dont they realise???

like do they not look in the mirror and go....geez iv a set of massive ear rings that look so knackery.

THE MIRROR I TELL YOU>>>>>>USE IT! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

yeah but its a bit of a community pride thing, like gang colours! to have a big car, big house and big everything is the american dream. to have big, cheap, brass earrings, a buggy and white sports clothes is the northsider's dream. it's a status symbol, like a butlers' frapp is on the other soyde of the city. why cant everyone in dublin just be normal like their cousins out here in the fresh air?

Advertisement