Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooped earings; can they look good?

• 23-02-2005 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

they seem to have a bit of a reputation for looking nackery and i was just tinkin can they ever look good? a few of my guy friends that i asked about this said that they look cr*p no matter who wears them. what do all of you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Your friend is right.

Stay well clear of hoopy earings.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

im not a big fan but i think that really thin ones can look ok. i think it has alot to do with what else you are wearing.

I've never seen them look good on anyone, and they always remind me of knackers. The thicker big ones are obviously worse, but overall, they're just bad. Go for something discrete and pretty, not tacky, is what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I have a pair of thin silver ones, but I haven't worn them in about two years now. They were really nice ones too, used to wear them with my hair down and they looked nice.

Steer clear of gold hoops - most of them are just screaming "skanger".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Friend of mine wears thin silver ones, about a centimetre in diameter that aren't full hoops (they don't fully come back to the ear at the back) and they look really well on her... but she dresses nicely anyway so maybe that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They look terrible on anyone...EVAR for the rest of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

Hi, I think hoop earings can look ok... but only if they are small, thin silver ones.
    NEVER go for the gold ones... believe me, I tried it once and my friends nearly killed me tryin 2 rip em out of my ears!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i think they can look good,but the rest of you cannot contain an ounce of skanger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No. Silver ones just..aren't nice. And the gold ones are just WRONG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

depends on the person wearing them. you can tell a skanger a mile off, hoopies or no, so if someone is wearing nice clothes (no trackies), sometimes they can pull off the hoopies, they can look quite nice. depends on the person, what they're wearing and how they look already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, I think the thin ones look very nice, but not with a tracksuit, if you know what I mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It entirely depends on the girl.. They look scangery sometimes, but more often than not they've got the whole outfit. Hoopy earings, numerous sovereign rings, scanger hairdo, big gold chains hanging outside of her tracky top, bottle of 'coke', fag in mouth.. you know the type..

But if you see a girl just with hoopy earings, she can look okay. It all depends on the individual.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

they look great if you're from fatima mansions and you're scoring a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh hell no! They should all be confiscated, and melted down.

Blowjob handles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

I love hoop earrings and wear them with practically everything. Apparently, I'm not alone.

Reese Witherspoon
    Cameron Diaz
    Angelina Jolie
    Nicole Kidman
    Salma Hayek
    Julia Roberts
    Lucy Liu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Hooped earings are horrible but Kelly would look great wearing anything, and even better wearing nothing ;)

0520.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

MizzKattt wrote:
    I love hoop earrings and wear them with practically everything.
    Ahaha, skanger. :p
    Apparently, I'm not alone.
    And neither are we... http://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.php (see last item on that page).

Hoopy earrings are alright if they're jewel encrusted, cost around 500 grand and are hanging from the ears of a movie star at the oscars... but in this country (and the UK) they've become chav-ware.
    If you can pull it off, fair play to ya... but if you're worried about being mistaken for a skanger I'd stay well clear.

@ Davey: Picture yer wan there in a tracksuit roaring down the street - "Heeeeeewyeh Jisinteh!" ... works for me. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If you look like Angelina Jolie or Kelly Brook then you should be fine wearing hoopy earings. Just hoopy earings. And a smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

They looked sensational on that one from the nightclub in the OC when Seth meets her for the 1st time.

MizzKattt wrote:
    I love hoop earrings and wear them with practically everything. Apparently, I'm not alone.

No offence, but do you look like Nicole Kidman or Angelina Jolie? They can wear **** on a stick and it'll look good on them. Hoopy earrings are the work of the (skanger) devil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think they look horrible, but when a good looking woman wears horrible earrings.. she's still a good looking woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mordeth wrote:
    i think they look horrible, but when a good looking woman wears horrible earrings.. she's still a good looking woman.

That was beautiful Mordeth, v.deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah jaysus c'mon ladz! Teh huge gold chunky wans all round y'know? luv da way dey turn me earz green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

SantaHoe wrote:
    Ahaha, skanger. :p
    they've become chav-ware.
    I am guessing skanger and chav-ware (wear?) are negative connotations, correct? If so....
    /crying in a corner
    /fetal position
    /lovingly stroking hoop earrings
    /defensively glares at approachers
    /and remembers to pour some colt 45 for fallen homies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Tusky wrote:
    That was beautiful Mordeth, v.deep.

swim in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

of course they can look good. on people with class, that is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I've got 2 friends that I worked with who used to wear really thin ones and they are they only people i've seen them look good on. But they were really stylish and edgy dressers.