Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defining bisexuality

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

the problem with all this defining of things is it doesn't necessary serve any good purpose. People's brain seem to lock on a word, and a meaning for that word, and no matter what more they learn, or understand, the "lock" remains .

Defining your sexuality should always acknowledge that
    1) gender identity, sexuality, orientation, preference are all just PART of who you are

2) Humans are extra ordinary beings and don't remain the same, we can change, fluctuate, or even will differences in our behaviour/values/beliefs

Ok , what I find physically attractive is unlikely to change, as in to some opposite, but it can be broadened, by choice or some times experience.

Of course naming things can be useful, but language often fails us.

bisexuality is maybe even mre limiting than gay/lesbian/str8 because it includes "sex" and thee is I think often an assumption being bisexual is about who you like to shag.

I just realised yesterday that I find gay can describe more than orientation regardign sex/rships. I met an old friend and had a great catch up talk. Afterwards i realsied he is the person I am "gayest" with. He is straight etc etc, but I find I am more comfortable in my entire self with him than others, including partners, and in that comfort each aspect of me, including gay, gets to shine.
    Dunno if I described that well .
    Work to do. bi bye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

the problem with all this defining of things is it doesn't necessary serve any good purpose. People's brain seem to lock on a word, and a meaning for that word, and no matter what more they learn, or understand, the "lock" remains .
    Very true, but it's hard not to subscribe to some label when people ask.
    I just realised yesterday that I find gay can describe more than orientation regardign sex/rships. I met an old friend and had a great catch up talk. Afterwards i realsied he is the person I am "gayest" with. He is straight etc etc, but I find I am more comfortable in my entire self with him than others, including partners, and in that comfort each aspect of me, including gay, gets to shine.
    Dunno if I described that well .
    Work to do. bi bye
    no, that makes sense to me. But it's not just a gay thing, I think everyone does it to some extent or another, like with some friends I'm more outspoken than with others, it just depends on how confident you feel with them, on how much you feel you need to fit their ideal for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

fozzle wrote:
    Not sure if that was me or not, but I do know a few people who've used it to describe themselves, people who really aren't sure what way they "swing" and who don't want to go right out and start labelling themselves as someone they aren't.

Guess then, if I was to label, I'm bi-curious then so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Labels are an attempt to allow other people to empathise with where your coming from, you don't need one for yourself because you know where your coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

My Label saysa
    "Handle with care
    Do not swallow
    Keep out of reach of children"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 QueenAdreena

I think its impossible to define it, evey1 has their own take on it really... i find myself far more physically attracted to women but ive never had a girlfriend, i just cant find that emotional link to them that i get with men... im hoping someday ill find a woman who will do both for me, and then i will be a happy camper! :D

Advertisement