Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch 1

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

fair enough this is not the place for me to question how you run your forum. will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Met Eireann:

Continuing cold and blustery for the rest of the day. Many areas will continue dry with sunny spells but there will be further scattered hail, sleet or snow showers. Highest temperatures only 3 to 6 degrees in a fresh northeasterly wind. Many areas will be dry at first tonight with clear spells but heavy snow and hail showers will affect the Northwest, North and East overnight with isolated snow showers over the rest of the country. Winds easing tonight and temperatures falling to between zero and -3 degrees with a widespread sharp to severe frost and icy patches. Wednesday will continue very cold with a mixture of sunny spells and heavy showers of hail or snow.

Just looking at the precip charts and we could wake to snow in the morning again, and then see some more tomorrow afternoon.

irish1 wrote:
    I'd rather take the weather from him than met Eireann any day.

You'd be bringing your shovel to work every day so :D

Ah no in fairness to w.check he's just 15 and loves snow/extreme weather so he looks at the charts with a view to supporting the probability that an event will happen.In this case I agreed to a large extent with the trend that he wanted and still do.
    Weather forecasting agencies on the other hand look at the charts without an event as a forethought and then calculate what they think is the likelyhood of x y or z happening and run with what they think is going to happen.
    They can get it wrong too but not as often as people tend to think.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ah, I want my money back at this stage. Tis a disgrace :)

• Advertisement

Felix heres a screen shot from todays 130 BBC forecast...
    Thats a cold front by the way

happy now? :)

Earthman wrote:

Earthman do you have a link to that forecast, couldn't see it on the site.

Also won't it be friday before that front gets to us?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Earthman wrote:

I guess. Is there a guarantee with it this time? - otherwise def looking for a refund :D (and I don't have a receipt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

RTE says
    Many areas will be dry at first tonight with clear spells but heavy snow and hail showers will affect the Northwest, North and East overnight with isolated snow showers over the rest of the country.

Closing this
    Replying in the new one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement