Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Punk / Bubblegum Punk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Check out the HORRORPOPS! They are fupping brilliant. Just let it wash over you! Their album Hell Yeah is out in the stores but you will probably find it easier in Tower and at only €12.99, its a steal!

Go to http://horrorpops.com/mp3s.htm and have a listen to their two MP3s. To be honest they arent their best songs. In my opinion, Psychobitches outta hell and Cool Flattop are the albums crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

how the ****in hell are stiff little fingers and chaos uk pop-punk?!
    They didn't kill enough puppies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

You should check out The Dead Milkmen. Parody punk?

If you want to look around a genre of music check out this website

www.allmusic.com

If you put in a band it lists their style types which you can explore and also allows you see similar artists.

Adam and the Ants "Kings of the Wild Frontier" is real punk pop.

THe SLF definitly have a kind of pop feel espically in songs like "Suspect Device" and "Alternative Ulster". Alot of early punk was really very poppy and had tuns of pop covers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Dead Milkmen rock - Bitchin Camero is such a cool song

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

LiT - they are brilliant dont know if they are what your looking for but give them a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Dead Milkmen rock - Bitchin Camero is such a cool song

They had a memorial gig last Novemeber as the bass player died. I went to see them in Philladelphia as I loved them when I was younger. Only European who traveled as far as I know, met an Australian who also traveled.

If you like punk go to Philly, it's like the city is in somekind of time warp stuck in late 70's/early 80's. The whole place is like Dublin in the bad old times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

mayordenis wrote:
    LiT - they are brilliant dont know if they are what your looking for but give them a go.
    I remember them alright. Only know two songs. Wouldn't really think of them as pop, or any kind of punk. Happy Rock I'd say. But I do like that Lipstick And Bruises song...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Well Ro: maaan! im not saying your wrong by any means but there album "a place in the sun" is definately what id consider punk of some description lipstick & bruises is off atomic which is less punky.
    but i dunno i love 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Oh I'm only judging by Lipstick And Brusies and My Own Worst Enemy. I really don't know what I'm talking about. Except the bit about Lipstick And Bruises being good. Just listened to it. Quality.

"I think I heard someone call him... Mullettron!" ...Or something.

Advertisement