Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I wish were still on TV

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ahsurewhynot

No that's all I know that's the problem! But I remember the one you're talking about. Ah I'm doomed to never know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No that's all I know that's the problem! But I remember the one you're talking about. Ah I'm doomed to never know.....

Any idea what they looked like? What it set on earth or in space or on a different land? Was it american , english or european looking??? Anything..

Space I think and the colours were all kind of dream-like:blues, greys silvers etc. Knowing me it probably was a dream like 10 years ago! Ah I wish I could remember more. It was on TV around 12 years ago I think

• Registered Users Posts: 28,722 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ahhh so many memories...

Transformers (original series only!)
    MASK
    Inspector Gadget
    TJ Hooker
    CHIPS
    Blue Thunder (so much better than Airwolf! Shame it only lasted 1 season :()
    ALF (though there was a Project ALF movie on Sky a while back with Martin Sheen)
    Sledgehammer (vintage! The whole series was a prequel and unlike Enterprise it worked! :))
    Greatest American Hero
    Knight Rider (someday I will own one of those cars - preferably done up like KARR with the two tone paint job!)
    Mr Ed
    I Dream of Jeannie
    Green Acres

..any many more I can barely remember! :D

Space I think and the colours were all kind of dream-like:blues, greys silvers etc. Knowing me it probably was a dream like 10 years ago! Ah I wish I could remember more. It was on TV around 12 years ago I think

I dunno... I would have been young then! lol (10 yrs)
    What did the guy look like? Alien, or sorta human but not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 pookie pixie

Have you ever, ever felt like this, how strange things happen, are you goin round the twist??! The best episode of round the twist was the one where all the seagulls shat on the cabin and they got snowed in by seagull plop....

Seila and sean the potatoes on bosco and they had to run from the manager when he came into the supermarket......

Super market sweep with dale "orangina" winton, addicted to it to the point of near death

Thats why I remember so little because I would have been about six! He didn't look human but he stood on his hind legs and looked a TINY bit like a slim hippo. He was blue I think. Sorry I know I'm useless!

Super market sweep with dale "orangina" winton, addicted to it to the point of near death

Yes it was one of my main ambitions in life when I was young to get on that show! The questions were so easy and the contestants were so Dumb!! I just wanted those inflatable jukeboxes and guitars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Anyone remember the following? :

1) I think it was called 'North Star'. This dude who I think was a gov experiment that gave him powers and made him strong. He had 3 levels where his his eyes would glow blue, yellow, or red. At red he was seriously strong, but at that stage there was actually a danger of him incinerating himself. Don't know if it ever made it past a pilot, but I'm sure I didn't dream it.

2) The Clifden House Mysteries: Used to scare the crap out of me. Family in this house, which had a secret room. In the secret room was a skeleton of a WW2 soldier who had crawled in there mortally wounded and died, and his ghost was pissed about it I think.

3) Children of the Stones: Had Blake from Blakes 7 in it. About these stones up on the hills in a sleepy english village that used to whisper (a-taaa-vayeeeeee !!) and put people under a trance. Again, used to scare the living bejaysus out of me when I was a kid - I couldn't resist picking up the DVD on Play.com last year and it was pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Midnight Caller

First Aired October 1988
    Last Aired August 1991

"This is Jack Killian, the Nighthawk, on KJCM, 98.3, and good night America...wherever you are."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Dear God, if you can help I will love you all forever:
    I have a vague memory of a cartoon in which the characters werent human. the theme tune sounded a bit like Enya and there was a male character in the opening sequence whofloated around in a bubble which got pricked when the song ended. NONE of my friends have any recollection of this whatsoever and it is slowly but surely driving me mad! Please let someone else remember!

Dreamstone?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

Mr.Merlin, it was a one season wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

Duckjob wrote:

3) Children of the Stones: Had Blake from Blakes 7 in it. About these stones up on the hills in a sleepy english village that used to whisper (a-taaa-vayeeeeee !!) and put people under a trance. Again, used to scare the living bejaysus out of me when I was a kid - I couldn't resist picking up the DVD on Play.com last year and it was pants.

It was extremely scary for a kid but aint that the way - watch it years later and you realise how ropey it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Oh my god midnight caller rocked.

I've got HR Puf n Stuf on DVD and my 3 year old loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I think it was mentioned already, but does anybody remember automan? He had the cursor in his pocket that used to draw his car n stuff..hehe..cool...i wanna cursor like that...

Oh my God dreamstone sounds like the kind of name it wouldve had-what was it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ballsmahoney

The Incredible Hulk or as i used to say
    to my Da every Saturday afternoon (apparently!!!)
    "Will you stick on the Stredible Hulk now" :o
    I am now 24 and will always refer to it as the Stredible Hulk!!
    COOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Oh my God dreamstone sounds like the kind of name it wouldve had-what was it like?

Trippy...it had a fuzzy yoda type dude in a bubble at the beggining floating around here's a couple of links

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-14309/

http://www.nyanko.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dreamstone/ :cool: (good site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Rooooobin, The hooded man!

I loved that series, does anyone know is it on dvd?

also Mr Benn

Robin of Sherwood is now on on Saturday eveningson ITV 3 (Sky digital channel ) for anyone who is interesed. I think the one on Saturday was the first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

The shoe people of course.But if it came back on i'm really not sure people would watch it.
    Always like it when i was young.
    How can shoes talk, I am still after many years baffled beyond imagination!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The Tick
    Earthworm Jim
    Battletech
    Skeleton Warriors.
    Spiff and Hercules.
    The adventures of Sonic the hedgehogg (second series only)
    Tiny Toons.
    Around the world in 80 seconds.
    The Crystal Maze
    Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.
    Postman Pat
    Thomas the Thank engine
    BOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The racoons
    Knightmare
    The Snorkles (sp?)
    alvin and the chipmunks
    superted
    Mightymouse
    erie indiana
    the gummi bears
    young indiana jones
    zig and zag
    rainbow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 budz

Thanks LoneGunM@n!
    I was a fan of Sport Billy and no one I know seems to remember that cartoon at all, I was actually starting to believe I had dreamt it up.
    Reading through all of those lists was fantastic, how easily we were entertained.
    Ah! the memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

budz wrote:
    Thanks LoneGunM@n!
    I was a fan of Sport Billy and no one I know seems to remember that cartoon at all, I was actually starting to believe I had dreamt it up.
    Reading through all of those lists was fantastic, how easily we were entertained.
    Ah! the memories!
    I remember Sports Billy, he was an olympic icon, had a sports bag that held all his equipment even high jump poles, his dad wad olympus, I think,

bad guy/gal
    http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/sbvillainslg.jpg

to prove you aren't mental:
    http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/jimsportb.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 budz

Cool! :cool: Thanks for the links, they've been emailed to all who doubted me...

Advertisement