Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mucho happy with NTL Boradband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

NTL say 1GB per day but AFAIK its never been enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

have any of you ntl users out there been contacted for exceeding the cap?

Lads how can you exceed a 1gb DL a day Cap? What are you legally downloading ? I'd love to know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Drapper wrote:
    Lads how can you exceed a 1gb DL a day Cap? What are you legally downloading ? I'd love to know ?
    who said anything about legal?

mind your own business.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    who said anything about legal?

mind your own business.
    Ahhhhh I know what your up tahh ;-) btw its everyone business when your hogging bandwidth that is not even there in the first place, Look at all the treads on awfull pings ? They blame the 24/7 downloaders !

If people have a problem with their service then they can move over to a different service provider. Its not everyone's business what private individuals do with a service they pay for. Its NTLs business how they choose to conduct their operation.

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    If people have a problem with their service then they can move over to a different service provider. Its not everyone's business what private individuals do with a service they pay for. Its NTLs business how they choose to conduct their operation.

I agree! I am having problems with pings, and they always blame you guys ! I download about 60mb a day ..............think they should seperate high and low downloaders ! Either that or they should enforece the cap like in the Uk

For the record - i don't use NTL broadband.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    For the record - i don't use NTL broadband.
    Think its a BB issue alround reading the Eircom and IOL/Esat and Irishbraodband threads on boards.ie !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Drapper wrote:

i never said i was exceeding the cap. you can sleep easy drapper.

:-) I'm only pulling your legs lads !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

NTL - well second time in as many weeks the D/S ain't working.
    First time it began to work after having been powered off for a day or so.
    Did the same this time but still not working. I cancelled the engineer call-out when it began to work the last time, but probably will get him to have a gawk working or not this time round.

Anyone else have a similar experience - what was the reason?
    My signal levels seem in order.

bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bensonj

I am planning on moving to Dublin and I am very fond of my broadband. Can anyone tell me which suburbs NTL broadband is being rolled out in? From some of the comments this seems to be a pretty reliable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭roryodonnell

Lucan is one place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

cabinteely is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

and Blanchardstown

Castleknock too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ashtown has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lucan is one place