Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Just remembered the name of that game. Its Unlimited Saga.
    Be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Fight Club. Especially the story mode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Age-old gripe: FFVII

You deserve to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Daikatana..only played a demo and feel sorry for anyone who bought the full game.

Oh and a few on the Atari 2600...the smurfs, et etc. God why didnt my parents buy me a nes instead of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Once played a Ghostbusters game in the late 80s / early 90s on a friend's console / PC. No idea the name of the game, but I remember a 2D top-down view of a city (American style, in blocks) with the player controlling the Ghostbusters car while ghosts and maybe the Michellin Man stomp around the cities streets. It was rubbish.

I agree that Daggerfall was pants, but it wasn't the worst game ever.

Wrestlemania on the Amstrad 464+...now that was pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

petes wrote:
    Wrestlemania on the Amstrad 464+...now that was pants.
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show on the Amstrad 464+ ... that was...bizarre, and totally unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

ionapaul wrote:
    Once played a Ghostbusters game in the late 80s / early 90s on a friend's console / PC. No idea the name of the game, but I remember a 2D top-down view of a city (American style, in blocks) with the player controlling the Ghostbusters car while ghosts and maybe the Michellin Man stomp around the cities streets. It was rubbish.

I agree that Daggerfall was pants, but it wasn't the worst game ever.

That wasn't Ghostbusters on the C64 by any chance, was it? 'Cause if it was, it was actually quite OK for the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

did someone say FF VII? what a retard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Most recently would have to be Malice.

I remembered reading about it and seeing special features on TV about it a year or two ago. I thought it was supposed to be an Xbox launch title, but it was on the PS2.

It's pretty awful. It's like it was made by a bunch of people who only ever read about platform games in books and had never actually played one. And the main character was this really terrible Buffy-wannabe.

Also... Forbidden Siren. I was really looking forward to that one as it had received great reviews. But it really didn't click with me at all. The voices were horrible and story was disjointed. And it was really just a glorified hide and seek simulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Also... Forbidden Siren. I was really looking forward to that one as it had received great reviews. But it really didn't click with me at all. The voices were horrible and story was disjointed. And it was really just a glorified hide and seek simulator.
    yeah i played that for all of about 10 minutes. The dubbing was the most horrific thing about the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

unreal 2 is fuking awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unreal 1 was even worse. Terrible game. Only got good reviews because of the great graphics. Thats another game I stopped playing 3/4 of the way through. It was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Hmmm, lets see
    ET on the Atari is supposed to be one of the worst games ever, bankrupt Atari, and legend has it that there thousands of copies buried in the new mexico desert somewhere.

But of the games i've played amongst the worst are
    halo: CE [PC] whatever your opinion on halo is the PC conversion was woefull, ran like a dog, and removed the co-op option. bored me to death and back
    SoF 2 [PC]: never got past the jungle mission (2nd level), got pissed off, uninstalled it and installed painkiller instead. best move i ever made
    Sensible Soccer: euro edition[PC]: I love sensible soccer beyond reason, but this was an abomination, payed 2 euro for it and considered trying to get my money back
    Riddle of the sphynix [Atari 2600]: one of my first birthday presents for my Atari, my dad bought it, i have since vowed never to let him out of the house unsupervised ever again.
    TrickStyle[DC]: wipeout with a hoverboard... except it was unplayable and seemed to sap the life from anyone within a 3 mile radius. even when it wasn't even in the machine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Star Wars Galaxies.

Spending 8 hours killing butterflies to get the "slightly better than completly rubbish" gunner skill is not Star Wars.

Come to think of it most of these massive multiplayer rpgs aren't the best. Up with Knights of the Old Republic down with Galaxies I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Gizzard wrote:
    did someone say FF VII? what a retard

Clearly your opinion is more valid than my own.

I bow to your gaming prowess.

If they didn't have the random encounter battles and let you skip the overly elaborate and boring spell-casting sequences - or just had a auto-fight-fast-forward button, I *might* have actually tried to finish it. Spent a few hours at the game - far more than I give to a game which annoys me within the first 30minutes - because of all the hype around it. Couldn't understand why people would want to be frustrated and constantly side-tracked during what is effectively 3cds of FMV.

In essence, suck my balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

that bloody quiddich harry potter thing on the ps , is definetely the most annoying and stupid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

back in the day i loved the commander keen series, but now they just plain suck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

FFVII

Oh I'll walk through this fie......RANDOM BATTLE!

O.K I'll just kill whatever this is...hmm I coulda sworn I came in from the left. Anyway, now to twart this bad gu....hmm directional pad doesn't seem to move my charac..whatya mean you have to select your attacks, the guy is gonna get me, what, he waits while you hit him? O...K So, I select, em, slice. Ok. Ooh 5 H popped out, I better hit him again. What, I have to wait? So ok, how do I block? What, I LET HIM HIT ME? ... Oh wow I beat him, now to finish walking across this field... RANDOM BATTLE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

uh huh *bait*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Giblet wrote:
    FFVII

O.K I'll just kill whatever this is...hmm I coulda sworn I came in from the left. Anyway, now to twart this bad gu....hmm directional pad doesn't seem to move my charac..whatya mean you have to select your attacks, the guy is gonna get me, what, he waits while you hit him? O...K So, I select, em, slice. Ok. Ooh 5 H popped out, I better hit him again. What, I have to wait? So ok, how do I block? What, I LET HIM HIT ME? ... Oh wow I beat him, now to finish walking across this field... RANDOM BATTLE!

You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

this will probably be a very unpopular choice but i played one of the recent splinter cell games and i thought it was atrocious, arkward controlls, acamera that not occasionally but ALWAYS points in the wrong direction, and what made me uninstall it? the preachy voiceover gimp who keeps giving out to you for killing the bad guys fails you on the mission for killing too many of them, WTF? the best way of making sure you go unnoticed is in my opinion to make sure the bad guys are dead therefore reducing thier perceptiveness.

all in all i thought the game was nearly as bad as my spelling and grammar

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You are so not alone. I hated Splinter Cell on the GameCube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

stagolee wrote:
    WTF? the best way of making sure you go unnoticed is in my opinion to make sure the bad guys are dead therefore reducing thier perceptiveness.
    LOL :D
    Yeah that's some true shít... I couldn't stand Splinter Cell either, all the hype, all the adds... and such a puddle of crap.
    Ohh look at the way he jumps up on the wall where the enemies can't see him! Oh wait you can only do it in selected areas and the actual game is nowhere near as flexable as it's marketed to be!

Have to say I found Project IGI a big disapointment aswell, it's like the developers spent all their time making the first level then pissed through making all the other maps... the over-use of generic prefab buildings made things repetitive, and ontop of that the AI was the worst I've seen in any FPS ever... even bedroom-coded multiplayer bots know when they shouldn't be able to see you.... in Project IGI the stupid AI will shoot you through the cieling of the room below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

stagolee wrote:
    this will probably be a very unpopular choice but i played one of the recent splinter cell games and i thought it was atrocious, arkward controlls, acamera that not occasionally but ALWAYS points in the wrong direction, and what made me uninstall it? the preachy voiceover gimp who keeps giving out to you for killing the bad guys fails you on the mission for killing too many of them, WTF? the best way of making sure you go unnoticed is in my opinion to make sure the bad guys are dead therefore reducing thier perceptiveness.

all in all i thought the game was nearly as bad as my spelling and grammar

Yeah the single player missions in SCPT are crap tbh. Didn't really enjoy them, like most of the Tom Clancy games, they felt shallow and tedious. But the online play on the xbox was great. One of my favorite live games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

Giblet wrote:
    FFVII

:D

random battle is the gayest thing ever in gaming

except for maybe championship manager, worst game ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

well rpg's are starting to move away from random battles. Tales of Symphonia and Star Ocean are examples of Japanese games trying this. Not many western RPG's i can think of had random battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari 2600

I was only 6 or seven when I got this travesty of a game. See the screenshots for yourself, awful, baffling and a complete dog to try and play. I actually though that I got a dud cartridge it was so bad.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_12.jpg
    That's 'Indy' after wretching his guts up realising hes in the worst game ever.

• Advertisement

But most western RPGs are just hack and slash or D&D in disguise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement